Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
9 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

35cm of fresh snow fall and -14c here...you can have it ..i would swap for +10c and drizzle right now..not looking forward to breaking my back shoveling a ton of snow of my drive after work :wallbash:

How can you not like that lol

why go to Canada in the winter months if you hate cold so much:gathering:

Posted

Very poor EC and EC mean again this morning..as expected the Atlantic not allowing any block to take hold.

Think the chances of an easterly are receeding rapidly now..

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Very poor EC and EC mean again this morning..as expected the Atlantic not allowing any block to take hold.

Think the chances of an easterly are receeding rapidly now..

I think there is a reasonable shout for something after 14 days or so. A few keep confusing MJO forecasts with the respective days of the regular output and start seeing imaginary things as a result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

You've got more of a chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride by on Shergar than you have of seeing an Easterly in this country. :nonono:

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

You've got more of a chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride by on Shergar than you have of seeing an Easterly in this country. :nonono:

You should add "in winter" to your comment!

And, I'm sure I saw Elvis down Sainsbury's yesterday!

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Jam tomorrow charts ongoing in the MAD thread. 

Meanwhile in the real world...the clock is ticking, the days are slowly but surely getting longer...

Time is beginning to run out.

• Like 2

Posted

Hey up the swedish rock band mountain torque has put in another appearance in the MAD thread!! :crazy:

Unfortunately the NAO is expected to stay positive tho.. :-(

As has been the case since what, late November..

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hey up the swedish rock band mountain torque has put in another appearance in the MAD thread!! :crazy:

Unfortunately the NAO is expected to stay positive tho.. :-(

As has been the case since what, late November..

Yes, NWS the timing was all wrong for us in UK

If we now had the NH profile seen late October early November (-NAO combined with  -AO) then we would probably be in line for something tasty during the next few weeks!

But, even with all the HL blocking that was seen during Oct & Nov, some other element (namely that bloody Azores High) would still probably rob us of any proper winter conditions across the entire UK!

Roll on Spring.

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

The NAO graph posted by steve murr says it all.

Another hopeless winter.

Another normal January (south) for the large teapot, virtually snowless, many areas may have had no snow at all, no doubt same for February, not sure we've had many decent Feb's in the large teapot '99+, 1 maybe 2009

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Another normal January (south) for the large teapot, virtually snowless, many areas may have had no snow at all, no doubt same for February, not sure we've had many decent Feb's in the large teapot '99+, 1 maybe 2009

Not just the south- its been ANOTHER virtually snowless january round these part too.

Dec looks like being the snowiest month IMBY-

The mild cycle rumbles on and on and on...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

Well i hope you haven't told the children to start waxing there sledge its another epic failure from the GFS just like the 100s before some people on this forum are delusional and seem to think we are still in the 50s mad :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You seem to be under the impression that the 90s were good for snow, even though they weren't. What gives? Where are your memories coming from?

Anyway - February 2005, 2009 and 2012 spring to mind. All had a decent amount of snow here, that lasted for a few days. February 2010 and February 2013 both had one decent fall as well.

Edited by cheese

Posted
23 minutes ago, cheese said:

You seem to be under the impression that the 90s were good for snow, even though they weren't. What gives? Where are your memories coming from?

Anyway - February 2005, 2009 and 2012 spring to mind. All had a decent amount of snow here, that lasted for a few days. February 2010 and February 2013 both had one decent fall as well.

80's mainly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Nearly there folks, strong EPO ridge, cross polar flow and much WAA into the Arctic.

gfs_z500a_nh_51.thumb.png.fa74199d7582a9f550fba208b4b6de92.png

But hang on....Sidney hide the nuts :shok:

gfs_ptype_slp_eur3_55.thumb.png.219c1bd52647170aead9726d435de88f.png

Ooh look everyone..more wet and windy rubbish. Haven't we had more than enough of that tripe already?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Someone please go to Eastern Northern America with some Splatoon guns and cover up that blue and purple beast with yellows and oranges. And then do the same over Scandinavia. Maybe then, heights will build to our North with the snowypocalypse coming in from the East!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Ooh look everyone..more wet and windy rubbish. Haven't we had more than enough of that tripe already?

I quite agree which is of course why everyone discards such nonsense at this range. But hang on a minute.............doesn't it depend on what it's showing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.264e1b86e54cc7d2b92288c2c85be261.pngimages.thumb.jpg.d4fd95f075fb86ec7adcd7007b877604.jpg

Posted
58 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I would ignore that member, he just wants wet and windy all year round, not sure if he winds majority up on purpose, and also that silly imaginary friend 

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I would ignore that member, he just wants wet and windy all year round, not sure if he winds majority up on purpose, and also that silly imaginary friend 

Knocker? Dear me. Although he is no big fan of cold, he is also not a wind and rain seeker either.

I can only guess. But he seems to be the type who likes to enjoy the outdoors in a comfortable setting.