Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Why did I ever doubt in the large teapot?:D 

SS may be right, sure he is, if you want rid of silly big letters, choose an avatar

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
5 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Why did I ever doubt in the large teapot?:D 

December 2010, just SEVEN years ago, the second coldest in over 350 years.................

That alone should put the silly theory to bed!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

December 2010, just SEVEN years ago, the second coldest in over 350 years.................

That alone should put the silly theory to bed!:D

How many more years are we going to say that before accepting that something fundamental has changed since then? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

How many more years are we going to say that before accepting that something fundamental has changed since then? 

Well maybe every seven years or so the uk  will experience a period of record breaking cold, who knows?

The silly theory clearly stated that such events (dec 2010) would never happen. :rofl:

Posted

February is the UK's snowiest month.

I doubt it will beat the last four days tbh.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, shuggee said:

February is the UK's snowiest month.

I doubt it will beat the last four days tbh.

What have you got up there, about 8 inches ?

:oops::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

It’s just the lack of easterlies in the winter months that is so noticeable now,Even Arctic Northerlies are rare too,although at least we had one decent Northerly in Dec which gave the Midlands a decent snowfall.

Untill we see an increase in these two types of airstream then winters are going to  continue to suck at low levels in the UK for the foreseeable future.

According to our local weatherman Paul Hudson, a true East wind blowing all the way from Siberia during winter are a 1 in 4 year event on average, you might get one 2 years running but then you might have to wait another 7 or 8 years for next one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
45 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

What have you got up there, about 8 inches ?

:oops::rolleyes:

:oops:Davy, too many Dave's, lots of Ian's too, and the odd Iain

Posted
16 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

:oops:Davy, too many Dave's, lots of Ian's too, and the odd Iain

Don't mind the odd iain, neither do I mind the odd bipolar  dave, davy or David.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

It’s just the lack of easterlies in the winter months that is so noticeable now,Even Arctic Northerlies are rare too,although at least we had one decent Northerly in Dec which gave the Midlands a decent snowfall.

Untill we see an increase in these two types of airstream then winters are going to  continue to suck at low levels in the UK for the foreseeable future.

its just getting to hard now a days for easterlies you just have to look at random archive charts from decades ago and the reason stands out like a sore thumb and is shocking viewing the atlantic oceon is far more active now than decades ago my view is the PV is is just to strong now a days and just flattens any HP that trys to form in scandi or greenland with thing set to get worse in the future snow and ice will just be in old photos and video tapes just a part of history

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, igloo said:

its just getting to hard now a days for easterlies you just have to look at random archive charts from decades ago and the reason stands out like a sore thumb and is shocking viewing the atlantic oceon is far more active now than decades ago my view is the PV is is just to strong now a days and just flattens any HP that trys to form in scandi or greenland with thing set to get worse in the future snow and ice will just be in old photos and video tapes just a part of history

Excellent post.

Im still pinning all hope on the AMO switch..until then we are up the creek without a paddle.

Posted
10 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I remember this time 10 years ago during another mediocre winter 2007-08 and this winter thus far has been snowier overall than that one for the UK, some saying that winter 2005-06 was the best we can get now.

Then came 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11. Yes, December 2010 has been mentioned a lot but it wasn't a spot event though. It was an intense cold period amongst other cold periods. Then add in March 2013.

If all they hadn't happen and we still waiting then your point would be stronger but al those above happened within the last 10 years.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Those dam Scots better not try nicking my snow Sunday morning! They've been coming over the border all this week and helping themselves to it....just not cricket!:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

I remember this time 10 years ago during another mediocre winter 2007-08 and this winter thus far has been snowier overall than that one for the UK, some saying that winter 2005-06 was the best we can get now.

Then came 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11. Yes, December 2010 has been mentioned a lot but it wasn't a spot event though. It was an intense cold period amongst other cold periods. Then add in March 2013.

If all they hadn't happen and we still waiting then your point would be stronger but al those above happened within the last 10 years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this winter came in average or even slightly below over the 3 month period. The likes of 2010 are definitely the exception and not the rule. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

A week of dry weather will do me fine , I've just about had a gut full of these poxy showers and wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Good point, but my argument still stands; how many more above-average winters south of a line between, for example North Wales and the Humber estuary would it take for people to agree that something fundamental has changed? 

Posted
17 hours ago, Bradowl said:

According to our local weatherman Paul Hudson, a true East wind blowing all the way from Siberia during winter are a 1 in 4 year event on average, you might get one 2 years running but then you might have to wait another 7 or 8 years for next one.

Well it’s been over 20 years I think since we have had that kind of Easterly in the winter months ,,so we should be due an absolutely mega Easterly anytime soon then:yahoo::gathering:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Going by a lot of reports across the British Isles, this Winter, it is a case of huge variation across counties, it seems.

So far, my Winter average temperature is running above last year's, and running above a Met Office derived average temperature (between Bournemouth & Swanage)
I haven't made it below zero in January, yet. Compared to 9 days last January. To say that this Winter is worse than last year in terms of temperatures, really is saying something.

On a side note, i've recorded above average rainfall, but also above average sunshine. A very odd one, so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

qxarb.gif

Posted
On 19/01/2018 at 22:09, igloo said:

Your last part ' in the future snow and ice etc ' absolute nonsense, just like the SCIENTIST in 2000 I think it was, who said ' would western Europe ever see SNOW, again '... we've seen more cold and snowy winter's since 2007... than we did in 25/30yrs previously, its all to do with patterns in my view

If we go to 47 it was 16yrs to 63 then either 15yrs or 18yrs to 78 or 81, i think 78 was colder and more snow... then 15yrs to 96 and then 14yrs 2010, if that aint a pattern... then I don't know... and some of them, didn't get anywhere near 47 or 63 in terms of intense cold and snow... the holy grails of winter's, in which we coldies crave

I can only assume you believe in climate change/gw... if that's the case america, China, the alps and South pole must be in global cooling and the rest of europe/UK must be global warming... and the met office using the 100yrs to prove climate change... LMAO

Unless the poles melt and a hungry polar bear knocks on mi door... I'll believe in patterns... in what we can read from what people wrote 200, 300 plus yrs ago the weather was very similar what we've seen over the yrs

One last thing, I've read and watched programmes many times about the yanks doing things with the weather ( otherwise what's HAARP for?? )... and for those who think it's twaddle, they controlled the weather in the Vietnam war... they made it rain to flush out Vietnamese in the underground tunnels they used to hide and move about... its all there for people to check for themselves

There will be many, many people who won't like what I've said... but that's my opinion... just like everyone else's 

Posted

If you like coldweather dont look at gfs 00z!!

Absolutely dreadful.

Looking forward to seeing the yellows and oranges take over Greenland just in time for spring.

:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
21 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

If you like coldweather dont look at gfs 00z!!

Absolutely dreadful.

Looking forward to seeing the yellows and oranges take over Greenland just in time for spring.

:crazy:

Yes after the high pressure moves over us, it sinks south over Europe. If that happens I think I might hibernate! Of course we’d probably get a cold spring again lol.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, James M said:

Yes after the high pressure moves over us, it sinks south over Europe. If that happens I think I might hibernate! Of course we’d probably get a cold spring again lol.

Absolutely no doubt about that James!!

Another winter rolls on with blues and purples stuck to Canada/Greenland - as iv'e said, this year its la nina EQbo- last year i think it was El nino/WQbo.

Whatever combination we get results in the same mind numbing pattern, i suppose this time round the combo has allowed for cold episodes for Scotland but for the rest of us (bar the midlands event way back in December)- its utter dross.

Even the cold zonality over the last week or so has hardly been cold in our region, infact its been a hopeless fail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
1 hour ago, James M said:

Of course we'll  get a cold spring. Ive booked me and the daughter  a lovely little cliff top caravan holiday in Cornwall  for 20th april. Wanted her to see the beautiful beaches........ ( and perhaps catch a glimpse of sydney of course!)

Edited by snowsummer
Spelling
  • Like 1