Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow that settles then freezes!

Came to Krakow for a white Birthday on 13th Jan and at last it’s snowing ?

• Like 4

Posted

So who thinks the Easterly is going to happen that was shown on ecm this morning.

if I was a bookmaker offering odds on the ecm being correct for a change regarding an Easterly showing

i would offer these odds

10/1 Easterly

2/9 No Easterly

place your bets:gathering:

10 minutes ago, Dafydd Tomos said:

Snow-wise I doubt but intense hail showers in Saundersfoot turned the beach white temporarily earlier on! GFS 12z has these hefty showers continuing until the early hours across much of coastal Wales, I'm enjoying them lol 

Aye indeed, it's not over yet, looks like we could see more persistent showers of snow (inland) hail (coasts) later this evening again along with gale force WNW winds 

image.png

Edited by Draig Goch
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Stozzy said:

nothing mentioned about the possible snow event for northern England tmorrow night ? A wonder why 

Because it will go the same way as the snow I'm supposed to be getting now, my area had the heavy snow symbol showing practically every hour from the middle of the night onwards for about 36 hours yesterday, so far 12 hours have elapsed and how much lying snow do I have - a big fat 0. - told everyone this would be a dampd squib below 1000ft.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
2 minutes ago, Stozzy said:

nothing mentioned about the possible snow event for northern England tmorrow night ? A wonder why 

Haha not far enough south pal!!! Tbh its a brief affair for those affected but its something.still looking cold to the east later on and Gp musings arnt without interest 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stozzy said:

I know a lot of models look really snowy in Scotland but possibly in parts of Northern England and perhaps Northern Ireland too. Areas to the south will get a spell of heavy rain & severe gales but before then we still have lots of hefty hail / snow showers to enjoy here in South Wales. 

Edited by Dafydd Tomos
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Because it will go the same way as the snow I'm supposed to be getting now, my area had the heavy snow symbol showing practically every hour from the middle of the night onwards for about 36 hours yesterday, so far 12 hours have elapsed and how much lying snow do I have - a big fat 0. - told everyone this would be a dampd squib below 1000ft.

I think the lower 850 temps have been delayed. GFS only shows -7C temperatures getting across at 7pm.

Posted
Just now, Spindrift2017 said:

Plenty of snow at low levels in Scotland.

Oh yes - and I still think even some places even at low levels in England will get a surprise but that will be the exception not the rule, I class 3-4 nches as a decent fall and I would say 80%+ of the UK population wont get any where near that, I just said I never believed this was going to be anything spectacular.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Snowing here and starting to settle at 400ft Feb. I'm hoping that any further precipitation will remain as snow at least until tomorrow morning.

The lastest GFS has moved the snowline further south again for tomorrow night but I think for my location we may just miss out.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Not really it is conducive to snow, & there will be snowfall on the northern flank of this system that is guaranteed. Counties like Yorkshire look to be well placed ICON has it the most south from what I can see.

A26DE6E1-8239-4CA0-AC42-7D800F897FAE.thumb.jpeg.7f7f91f6c63e42ffc4c1bb204d6ebe7a.jpeg

Most of the models yesterday had me getting snow though and nitto - it hasn't verified yet.

EDIT : ha ha - just this minute turned to snow as I speak.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

9 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Not really it is conducive to snow, & there will be snowfall on the northern flank of this system that is guaranteed. Counties like Yorkshire look to be well placed ICON has it the most south from what I can see.

A26DE6E1-8239-4CA0-AC42-7D800F897FAE.thumb.jpeg.7f7f91f6c63e42ffc4c1bb204d6ebe7a.jpeg

Here’s the GFS for comparison which has snow from 12am-10am for the North East away from coast.

E576B889-BB28-4388-964A-B9D5DF414D36.gif

Edited by tynevalleysnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

love your posts shaky, but don't think I've ever seen you post a chart, might be mistaken though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE

Heavy snow blizzard  now,  who said you need to be on Mount everest to get snow from pm air.! :cold:

Posted

So far this winter is a tale of two halves. top half UK some decent snow /south half sod all. Yeah I know parts of west of region got some. Anyway quick glance at GFS and westerly pretty much for next 14 days maybe a bit of PM air. yawn. Thats January gone then 2/3rd gone  winter out with a whimper down here and to be honest no expectation of anything in Feb expecting rinse and repeat until spring. enjoy!

• Like 2

Posted

More "useless, just not cold enough for snow but sleet and gales" weather - I hope Spring puts us out of this misery soon. ?

Edited by rain_shadow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.
56 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

So far this winter is a tale of two halves. top half UK some decent snow /south half sod all. Yeah I know parts of west of region got some. Anyway quick glance at GFS and westerly pretty much for next 14 days maybe a bit of PM air. yawn. Thats January gone then 2/3rd gone  winter out with a whimper down here and to be honest no expectation of anything in Feb expecting rinse and repeat until spring. enjoy!

I 100% after agree with you. I keep hearing that's it's not been to bad a winter so far. Well like you say it depends where you live and sadly down in kent we have missed all the snow so far. We have friends from Birmingham who have had great snow and at 3 different intervals since mid December up to now. The last lot was nearly 1 foot deep and yet Birmingham is only a couple of hours away... still will still have Feb left. Hopefully are turn will come. Pleased for anyone who has had the white stuff.. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10

First post 

I’m a massive cold fan and what’s obvious to an idiot like me (who might as well be looking at the wall as one of those charts), is that if we could accurately forecast the weather beyond 48/72 hours then we’d already be doing so.

In 1947 weather went from mild Atlantic to one of the worst nationwide snow events in living memory, all in the space of 3 days.   So a couple of mild runs won’t make a jot of difference.  The actual behaviour of global atmospherics trumps any insignificant human attempt to predict them, we understand about 5% of Astro and atmospheric physics.

I imagine what’s appealing about model watching is the endless options they spew out and the discussion thereof. 

Edited by Magic Trichs
Spelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

What's that coming over the hill is it winter? Is it winter?  Oh no thought not ....it's  an enormous cattle prod to try and stir me from the comatose condition I find myself in again ??????

Posted
3 hours ago, TheBeastFromTheEAST said:

I 100% after agree with you. I keep hearing that's it's not been to bad a winter so far. Well like you say it depends where you live and sadly down in kent we have missed all the snow so far. We have friends from Birmingham who have had great snow and at 3 different intervals since mid December up to now. The last lot was nearly 1 foot deep and yet Birmingham is only a couple of hours away... still will still have Feb left. Hopefully are turn will come. Pleased for anyone who has had the white stuff.. ?

In terms of wintriness the far south east is usually the worst placed location in the UK to be when the type of WNW Polar Maritime flow we have this week becomes established. Just like those in the west of Scotland often wonder what the fuss is about when one of sadly those all too rare potent beasts from the east do develop when we are in the front line for snow and severe cold and they "bask" in 5C and sun.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Certainly GEM and GFS look like an early Spring, if dry then I don't mind

gfs-0-234.png?12

Looking good for those of us that's heading to Spain next week. 8)

• Like 1