Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
43 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Spot on. 2 different worlds - Exmoor and Dartmoor on one planet, lowland SW on the other. I have a good friend on Exmoor - he sees snow regularly. 20 miles down the hill in Wellington and we haven’t seen any since 2012... and in the 10 years 1999 to 2009 one unusual fall in November 2005 I think it was from cold NW. Anyone thinking lowland SW England is ok for snow is bonkers. If conditions are just right with a continental sourced undercut then all is good. Otherwise sleet and wet snow showers that melt in 5 mins are pretty much it.

Same as around Wells , and Cheddar, both pretty low lying,  and snow melts generally in 5 minutes flat, but come across to Frome, and   Wiltshire , totally different story, higher u,p and further inland , away from the sea breezes of the Bristol Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
9 minutes ago, SteveB said:

That's the way it should be in Winter, Greece bathing in warmth rather than us!

Ah, that explains why we haven't seen that member from Greece on here, anyone remember him, he used to 'like' every single post that talked about mild weather for the uk lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Just now, Smartie said:

Ah, that explains why we haven't seen that member from Greece on here, anyone remember him, he used to 'like' every single post that talked about mild weather for the uk lol. 

Yeah I remember him. They got plenty their fair share of cold weather over the last several Winters, maybe it's our time now. Hoping to see settling snow in Weston before this Winter is over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Yeah I remember him. They got plenty their fair share of cold weather over the last several Winters, maybe it's our time now. Hoping to see settling snow in Weston before this Winter is over.

Yeah, powdery snow, the sort that gets blown about in the wind and doesn't melt on impact, has been years since  I've seen that here. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Yeah, powdery snow, the sort that gets blown about in the wind and doesn't melt on impact, has been years since  I've seen that here. 

It's been 30+ yrs since we've seen an Easterly with entrenched cold set in, and Atlantic fronts bumping into it dumping loads of snow all over the South West. 

Long long long time over due.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

I think I'm completely missing something to me it just looks like a 3 day cold spell with blustery wintery showers Saturday and Sunday  followed by dry cold settled weather Monday and Tuesday followed by frontal snow for Western areas Wednesday than above average temps for several days after then probably a return to a cooler NW flow bringing blustery rain showers and snow for Northern hills above 300m.

I know your not all going to agree but that' all I can see atm.

Posted

That’s what the bbc week ahead forecast was hinting at.Wintery showers  at weekend then the jet stream powering up again with snow likely first.However I notice that forecast was broadcast before the 12z runs and the excellent output from ECM and Gem in particular.More runs needed yet to see where we eventually end up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
44 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Otherwise refrain from your ridiculous nonsense..

Kettle and black springs to my mind!

You keep saying that you'll gladly explain in a PM regarding what you mean if somebody quotes you with question marks, but why not post your clearer explanation in the first place?  It would save all of the confusion- and yes, a lot of your posts are completely bonkers!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

It's difficult to see where these low 850's (-8/-10) from the East are coming from?

Surface temperature in Moscow still +1c this morning!

I remember the Jan 1987 cold spell when surface temperatures in Moscow were around -30c

Before anyone says, I realise we are not looking at anything like Jan 1987 at the moment!

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 hours ago, knocker said:

Well after looking at the latest EC46 update Sidney thought it warranted a raid on his nuts

nuts.thumb.jpg.fb87224051766d4aaae81a7004912d7d.jpg

How’s it looking weeks 3 & 4 ??

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

Pretty good with temps trending above average last third of Jan and first half of Feb.

I meant for the UK, not Iceland. 

Posted
3 hours ago, knocker said:

Pretty good with temps trending above average last third of Jan and first half of Feb.

Temperatures trending below average weeks 1,2 & 3 and then maybe something around average start of feb. I would have to agree, it’s looking great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

With this forth coming Cold Snap maybe it will keep all these bugs and virus's flying around at the moment  at bay and perhaps kill the ba....ds off. a big Plus of cold weather

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

I see the GFS op is refusing to do as it's told again. 

• Like 1