Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Then again, there's nothing in the MetO/BBC updates that make 'brutal cold' (during late January,  February & March) impossible...just, as it usually is in our maritime climate, statistically unlikely.:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Looking like another mild wet winter imo

With western areas seeing frequent flooding and high level stream and river levels. I'd put all my Xmas money on a wetter and milder than average winter.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, knocker said:

It's like a 1970s disco in the other thread with all the sliders, swingers and up-and-unders

It was Shortwave last year and now Sliders this. Wonder what next year brings :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I'd like 'slider' removed from the net weather vocabulary -

message ends.

My location looks like being too far north for this one, 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

My location looks like being too far north for this one, 

FWIW (as yet again it doesn't effect me) i suspect many places will rely on evaporative cooling, so intensity will play a big part.

And elevation, that will help, a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. 

but over the last 5 years which model among the big 3 has the best record in forecasting snow? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Euro 4 18z just out.

12AM.thumb.gif.4bb49bce4545ea1299490babeb72fc1c.gif6AM..thumb.gif.7e96dfc697397dfcac02f0e2afdb76c1.gif12PM.thumb.gif.3b1a9e645cd89d011cf8f197eaa64558.gif

Was gonna say bar humbug but then I noticed the little punk blob over my house. Yes please. Although it would be nice for it all to be snow on the back edge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
20 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Met Office update - Another nail in the coffin for any brutal cold from the east. :(

is there?.... i was just thinking this morning the first tentative steps towards one was taking place. ok its a very long shot/straw cluth, but the noaa anomaly charts are now suggesting for the 8-14 day time period pressure to fall to our south, where once it was higher. a strengthening azores high that might become negatively tilted, pressure rising over northern europe. ok... this is a very long shot, but IF this comes to be reality, then it wouldnt take much for an easterly to occur IF pressure rose over northern europe/scandinavia, and IF the azores high tilted the jet negatively thus directing the atlantic systems south of the uk into southern europe..

there, see, anyone can present a reasonable cold ramp if they tried! :D

17 hours ago, knocker said:

It's like a 1970s disco in the other thread with all the sliders, swingers and up-and-unders

sounds  like a northen soul disco lol (as opposed to a john travolta type set up)

i note someone has no sense of humour posting confused emoticons on your posts... lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Getting a bit sick of rain now.

Trouble is apart from a dry slot until friday, theres going to be a lot more.

Roll on summer, another pathetic excuse for a winter again IMBY.:bad:

Posted
On 25/12/2017 at 13:42, feb1991blizzard said:

Met Office update - Another nail in the coffin for any brutal cold from the east. :(

I think we all have a good idea as to how the rest of winter is likely to pan out.  Never mind, there is always March and April.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

is there?.... i was just thinking this morning the first tentative steps towards one was taking place. ok its a very long shot/straw cluth, but the noaa anomaly charts are now suggesting for the 8-14 day time period pressure to fall to our south, where once it was higher. a strengthening azores high that might become negatively tilted, pressure rising over northern europe. ok... this is a very long shot, but IF this comes to be reality, then it wouldnt take much for an easterly to occur IF pressure rose over northern europe/scandinavia, and IF the azores high tilted the jet negatively thus directing the atlantic systems south of the uk into southern europe..

there, see, anyone can present a reasonable cold ramp if they tried! :D

sounds  like a northen soul disco lol (as opposed to a john travolta type set up)

i note someone has no sense of humour posting confused emoticons on your posts... lol.

I was going on Met Office, noticed a few GEFS members going cold recently but nothing to write home about yet anyway IMO.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
11 minutes ago, Don said:

I think we all have a good idea as to how the rest of winter is likely to pan out.  Never mind, there is always March and April.......

AS long as its a big dumping, I would take one in March all day long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm really enjoying this wet & windy spell of weather. I went for a wonder along the Jurassic coast earlier, showers & winds were battering, but exhilarating!

Posted

i think it's been a great start to winter, and we get no more snow this winter, i'll be happy.

We've already seen 1 snowfall in Autumn, and if it snows tonight here, we'll have had 3 snowfalls in winter already!

The last 4 years we've had only 2 triple 'M' snowfalls (MMM = melts Mid Morning) so this winter is already amazing?

Plus we got 8" for the last snowfall! :D

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Still be nice to get a colder than average January.Hardly ever happens now does it 

January hardly gets any cold spells now

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

January hardly gets any cold spells now

No a joke of a winter month now.just look at the rise of the jan c.e.t for last 30 years

At least some people have seen lying snow this winter.Id be amazed if we see any in jan again away from the highest ground in the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
On 09/12/2017 at 20:41, Spurry said:

Here in Wigan , we've had a few snow showers today but nothing spectacular,I was really looking forward to tomorrow's anticipated Snowmageddon,however the BBC/METO have gone from forecasting 12 hours of heavy/light snow to 3 hrs of light snow  and even that's not certain . I moved from Birmingham 28 years ago and have seen maybe 3 or 4 snowfalls that I would consider heavy in all that time .Brum is on target for nearly 15 hrs of heavy/light snow tomorrow :sorry::wallbash:

Ditto , tonight (except we've had nothing here)

Edited by Spurry