Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

saw it only because someone quoted it, cherry picked FI chart? just because it shows his beloved wet and windy, if it showed mild and settled, he wouldn't post it

great week next week though looks DRY

gfs-0-72.png?12UW96-21.GIF?16-18ECM1-144.GIF?16-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I will probably get slaughtered for saying this but once again I think our winter is over already,I want snow as much as most on here , but sadly it looks like once again any early promise soon evaporates once the Atlantic fires up .I've seen many recent winters go the same way .

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Spurry said:

I will probably get slaughtered for saying this but once again I think our winter is over already,I want snow as much as most on here , but sadly it looks like once again any early promise soon evaporates once the Atlantic fires up .I've seen many recent winters go the same way .

Agree, this could well be like 2010-2011, January is virtually cold free these days (south) and February is also westerly, and cold shots are less cold than when I was a bairn

Dec is the best month if we can get a cold setup

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I like knocker and he's more than capable of taking a joke from me or others , if you have a problem with things please pm me for a chat over tea and biscuits :)

I was out of the UK for many years, but I don't recall that insinuating someone using a zimmer frame was particularly humerous.

I find it alarming to share oxygen with someone who does, let alone tea and biscuits.

1 minute ago, jvenge said:

I was out of the UK for many years, but I don't recall that insinuating someone using a zimmer frame was particularly humerous.

I find it alarming to share oxygen with someone who does, let alone tea and biscuits.

You must be fun at parties ,we'll leave it here as you have already taken it personal and the spirit of the season I've chosen to  ignore your remarks :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Agree, this could well be like 2010-2011, January is virtually cold free these days (south) and February is also westerly, and cold shots are less cold than when I was a bairn

December has been terrible for snow in recent years, only 2010 was good (if you consider 2010 a recent year). 2014 had snow on Boxing Day but other than that? Nothing. February hasn't been too great either.

January has been the best for snow, at least here.

Anyway, while some parts of the country have had quite a bit of snow, a lot of us have still had virtually nothing. Not sure people in the Midlands can complain too much.

Edited by cheese

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

December has been terrible for snow in recent years, only 2010 was good (if you consider 2010 a recent year). 2014 had snow on Boxing Day but other than that? Nothing. February hasn't been too great either.

January has been the best for snow, at least here.

Dec I find the best of the 3 months if we get a cold setup, seems colder with the short days somehow, I find January the most westerly month of the year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, jvenge said:

I think you need to chill out mate, he was joking and if knocker finds it insulting then i'm sure Moki would apologise.

Posted

Its that time of year again......

Christmas trees, lights, presents, mistletoe and good old uncle Bartlett coming over to stay for the holidays :D.

Lets hope that this year he leaves before March (don't count on it though). 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jvenge said:

Allow me to assist. Take two of these and you will feel much better :hi:

Image result for picture chill pill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

As an avid collector of zimmer frames i am deeply offended.You've made an enemy for life sir. :D

Personally i'd take wet and windy over snowy and ice any day.I do a fair bit of driving and walking about outside with my job and trying to walk/drive around in snow and ice is not fun.

Edited by Ross90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

But we rarely get a cold December. Most cold and snow occurs after Christmas with December often quite mild. Writing off the rest of the winter a fortnight in is imho, a tad premature. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

this is an interesting period of model watching at the moment as there is little in the gfs, ecm or ukmo to suggest cold is on the way. The odd gfs in fi which shows some blocked situations but the next run there gone. Yet the met are fairly bullish with regards to the Atlantic systems becoming reduced and below av temps with the possibility of snow.

It is usually us looking into fi and seeing cold possibilities but met not buying it and our fi charts vanish.

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Well. Just when i was ready to start 'patting myself on the back' wrt to understanding things over on the strat thread.....im really hoping that i can stop patting after all and get told ive got it all wrong!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Welcome to drab Friday. A  miserable gut wrenching chart for the start of the festive holidays for you lot in Blighty and probably for most in lowland Europe as well.  That high as welcome as a Brexiteer, no friends, no joy and a lot of hot air !  Things can only get better ?  Rant over.

C

UKMOPEU00_120_1.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Welcome to drab Friday. A  miserable gut wrenching chart for the start of the festive holidays for you lot in Blighty and probably for most in lowland Europe as well.  That high as welcome as a Brexiteer, no friends, no joy and a lot of hot air !  Things can only get better ?  Rant over.

C

UKMOPEU00_120_1.png

Looks quite pleasant to me, especially if the skies clear. Would likely see some seasonal fog and frost. If the high would move a little more to the NE, lovely. Completely agree with the Brexit allusion, though!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

C

UKMOPEU00_120_1.png

That’s certainly a “snow blocker” for the Alps, good job they’ve had plenty of early snow this season. 

Hopefully we’ll be seeing a bit more eye candy in a couple of days. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Looks quite pleasant to me, especially if the skies clear. Would likely see some seasonal fog and frost. If the high would move a little more to the NE, lovely. Completely agree with the Brexit allusion, though!

!You may be right for deepest Surrey but looks like a mild fest further North . Trace those isobars back to deepest Africa! No wonder they ( Met Office ) are talking about possible temps in the teens this week ! 

C

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, shotski said:

That’s certainly a “snow blocker” for the Alps, good job they’ve had plenty of early snow this season. 

Hopefully we’ll be seeing a bit more eye candy in a couple of days. 

Shotski, in a strange twist of nature,we in the Eastern Alps are fairly happy with that chart as we are on the periphery of cold and get a moisture feed on the Eastern Flank of the Brittany High that still produces snowfall at our elevation. Its Euro static high sat over Austria that I fear most. Hopefully, we will see some fluidity in the charts soon f with a much quicker evolution for more widespread cold.

C

Posted
2 hours ago, carinthian said:

C

UKMOPEU00_120_1.png

Erm, do you mind keeping your political opinions out of the models threads, I have plenty to say about remoaners, but I hold my tongue because I don't see the need now we've won the out vote!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Erm, do you mind keeping your political opinions out of the models threads, I have plenty to say about remoaners, but I hold my tongue because I don't see the need now we've won the out vote!

Some people don't laugh much even if there is something to laugh about...British variant of humour-or is it lack of it..!

C

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, carinthian said:

C

UKMOPEU00_120_1.png

Good chart for here though! yes hardly snowy, but dry

Posted
3 hours ago, carinthian said:

Some people don't laugh much even if there is something to laugh about...British variant of humour-or is it lack of it..!

C

Depends how many time a day you hear it, it been boring for months now

• Like 2