Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Looks as though the met-are still in some doubt of the align/north/south track of the low...just hours out.

Very fine margins...

Also blizzard like condition for east anglia-east midlands into tomorrow as the lp pivots and strengthens the wind..in the volitile flow!!

Still lots of possible suprises in the mix next 24/48 hrs....

@radar watching!!!

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 1

Posted

Well, I'm slowly losing the will to live. Woke this morning to pages and pages of posts in the model thread, some going as far as 25th Dec, some for tomorrow. Tried catching up, but my brain threw a tantrum and refused. Someone, anyone, with electronic crayons and the Fax chart, please draw some pictures for me because atm words are way beyond what my brain can cope with. Labels are OK :cc_confused: :pardon:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Also apparent that the temperature forecast for Hertfordshire is getting lower and lower for Sunday. BBC forecast 5C here a few days ago, then 4C, then 2C, and recently it has updated to 1C. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

Pattern changing!

Gradually losing Northern blocking.

Canadian PV gaining strength and drifting East.

Are we slowly returning to UK default winter?

no

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Also apparent that the temperature forecast for Hertfordshire is getting lower and lower for Sunday. BBC forecast 5C here a few days ago, then 4C, then 2C, and recently it has updated to 1C. 

Great point, I’ve also noticed that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Here in Wigan , we've had a few snow showers today but nothing spectacular,I was really looking forward to tomorrow's anticipated Snowmageddon,however the BBC/METO have gone from forecasting 12 hours of heavy/light snow to 3 hrs of light snow  and even that's not certain . I moved from Birmingham 28 years ago and have seen maybe 3 or 4 snowfalls that I would consider heavy in all that time .Brum is on target for nearly 15 hrs of heavy/light snow tomorrow :sorry::wallbash:

Edited by Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Spurry said:

Here in Wigan , we've had a few snow showers today but nothing spectacular,I was really looking forward to tomorrow's anticipated Snowmageddon,however the BBC/METO have gone from forecasting 12 hours of heavy/light snow to 3 hrs of light snow  and even that's not certain . I moved from Birmingham 28 years ago and have seen maybe 3 or 4 snowfalls that I would consider heavy in all that time .Brum is on target for nearly 15 hrs of heavy/light snow tomorrow :sorry::wallbash:

Gutting. I left Birmingham today and won't be returning for a month. I happen to leave the day before what would have been the heaviest snowfall I'd have ever seen there, and now I'll be getting nothing :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
10 hours ago, draztik said:

And over in the mod thread this morning .... with reference to mid Dec onwards .....

giphy.gif

You can hardly blame them though - nobody gets excited by the prospect of zonal weather. Might as well take up knitting as a hobby.

That being said, if it melts the snow further south then I will feel much better. :diablo:

Edited by cheese

Posted
12 hours ago, Spurry said:

yes, nothing here , all green, maybe some flakes in the next couple of hours as the edge of the snow band scrapes past south, we will see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
11 hours ago, Relativistic said:

Gutting. I left Birmingham today and won't be returning for a month. I happen to leave the day before what would have been the heaviest snowfall I'd have ever seen there, and now I'll be getting nothing :( 

Have been watching the models with interest this week as coming to Brum for the Kasabian concert (brilliant). Decided on Thursday to train it in not drive.

I think I was right.....from Brindley Place...

20171210_093041-1377x2448.jpg

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
4 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

covered with the damn stuff.... :angry:

That has made my day!:D

• Like 1

Posted

Any other south easterners getting sick and tired of northlies? They are just like dangling carrots for us in the south east corner. Cold little blips, Promising so much early on the charts then always dampened down and never cold enough for us. Would prefer the atlantic train because at least i wouldnt waste hours of my time on here getting excited only to be severly dissapointed. Cant wait for the beasterly to arrive and get a proper bit of winter weather down here! 

... and breathe... wow this thread is so needed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
11 hours ago, cheese said:

You can hardly blame them though - nobody gets excited by the prospect of zonal weather. Might as well take up knitting as a hobby.

That being said, if it melts the snow further south then I will feel much better. :diablo:

Sitting here knitting, watching it continue to snow, just popped outside with ruler.  Fresh lying snow 4”. Cumulative snow 7”. ?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snow and storms said:

Any other south easterners getting sick and tired of northlies? They are just like dangling carrots for us in the south east corner. Cold little blips, Promising so much early on the charts then always dampened down and never cold enough for us. Would prefer the atlantic train because at least i wouldnt waste hours of my time on here getting excited only to be severly dissapointed. Cant wait for the beasterly to arrive and get a proper bit of winter weather down here! 

... and breathe... wow this thread is so needed!

Yes, you are definitely furthest from any action in Hastings when it comes to Northerlies!

Hopefully, we'll see some frigid air from the East or North East into Kent & Sussex at some stage this winter.

Then, much better chance of decent snow events.   

• Like 2

Posted

I'm calling the Police,somebodies nicked all my snow!! 24hr ago showing 6 hours of heavy snow......not a flake:nonono:Gutted 

Posted

Hmm looking like turning very much milder for everyone after next weekend,with usual looking weather patterns for the uk.

If you have snow today,enjoy, it could be the last snow for you this winter,knowing how long the default weather patterns seem to last once they start dominating again :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

That has made my day!:D

fortunately my comment was light hearted. i dont care about the snow although prefer to have none.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Although I see Tamara evidently disagrees with SLEETY's post, I'd actually prefer for her and GP to be wrong for once.  Mild weather for the rest of winter would be very welcome, thanks.:)

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

fortunately my comment was light hearted. i dont care about the snow although prefer to have none.

My comment was light hearted as well!....what's not to like about a good snow fall? It is winter after all! Dam sight more comfortable than 30c plus temps in my opinion!

• Like 1