Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

What happens to  some people when snow is forecast is incredible.

People  on some of the regional threads  that are going to get snow are laughing at people that are going to miss out on The snow .

Pathetic behaviour,like maybe grow up or something.Obviously these forums are becoming waste of time in winter if snow is forecast.

You never see or hear from any of these posters  any other time,which is about 99% of the year.

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 6

Posted
20 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

People  on some of the regional threads  that are going to get snow are laughing at people that are going to miss out on The snow .

Pathetic behaviour,like maybe grow up or something.Obviously these forums are becoming waste of time in winter if snow is forecast.

You never see or hear from any of these posters  any other time,which is about 99% of the year.

Aye, but on the plus side, they have at least located their regional thread rather than the MAD thread.

Posted

to be honest from the forecasts i have seen for my area we are due nothing but rain/sleet and a chilly feel, metoffice have downgraded our local forecast from heavy snow to sleet, so from that i would say if we get snow its a bonus, if we dont then the forecast was right and i cant moan, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

My Daughter has to travel from West Yorks, via M/cr, to Oxford on Sunday to get to her uni interview......... of all the times for the midlands to see this type of weather!!!

Where we are looks like minimal coverage and Oxford looks clear but all of the rest looks horrid for Her......... I suppose it's character building?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm wondering whether GP and Tamara are wide of the mark given that longer-range outputs are apparently going strongly for zonal beyond this coming week?

5 hours ago, SLEETY said:

Yes ,same every year ,pop out of the woodwork like woodworm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE

Well ECM has 16 hours of snow over here amber warnings have been issued .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Big day nearly on GFS now, 2nd run on the trot now to show an E'ly for Xmas eve! not a snowy one though

gfs-0-384.png?12

Posted
2 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'm wondering whether GP and Tamara are wide of the mark given that longer-range outputs are apparently going strongly for zonal beyond this coming week?

Time will tell as ever, none the less its an interesting contrast between the meto further outlook and teits (dave)  verses (if you will)  the other two NW members.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Time will tell as ever, none the less its an interesting contrast between the meto further outlook and teits (dave)  verses (if you will)  the other two NW members.

too many Dave's, loads around the Stafford area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Ridiculous! My wife is a gardener and the knife edge slider scenario is proving to be a nightmare! 180 plants arriving Monday at a key customer, 12z says heavy, cold rain=no go.

18z says lighter, more wintry precipitation=go!

people will be called in to do the work and need to be notified on if it’s a go or not. Tomorrow.  

This is the real impact. I’ve been model watching for more than a decade but s*** just got real! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
52 minutes ago, D.B. said:

You are all to getting wet tomorrow. ? ☔ ??

tag.gif

Thats sunday??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I think I rather owe GP and Tamara an apology; comments in the Model thread back their analysis in terms of any westerly-dominated conditions probably being replaced rather more rapidly than I thought based on some of the NWP from yesterday and this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its meant to be the latest one but I'm not convinced now, think it may have been doctored, the white right down into Kent seems way out of kilter?:cc_confused:

Yes. If you look at the EXIF data of the picture, it says it has  been edited with Pixlr - a picture editor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes. If you look at the EXIF data of the picture, it says it has  been edited with Pixlr - a picture editor.

Thanks for that, thought as much.:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

I think I can confidently say this slider finally buggering off will be my first Christmas gift.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
15 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

with respect to them, it wouldnt be the first time they, or others, have been wrong. lets face it, havnt we all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

anybody want my snow?.... looks like im in line for a dumping tomorrow and i do not want it!

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the 'epic' cold spell on way out for my location. 3 days of cold. What's next on horizon for the new year?