Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Just now, Staffordshire said:

I bet you're fun at a party. Its not that I gain enjoyment from it, but rather i don't gain enjoyment from others misery, as you seemingly do.

If I go to a party, I go to enjoy myself. I don't go to watch other people enjoy themselves. That's just stupid.

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

If I go to a party, I go to enjoy myself. I don't go to watch other people enjoy themselves. That's just stupid.

I was referring to how warmly people will receive your almost narcissistic attitude. Anyway, have a good day and i wish you luck on Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Staffordshire said:

I was referring to how warmly people will receive your almost narcissistic attitude. Anyway, have a good day and i wish you luck on Sunday.

Not wanting it to snow in other places isn't exactly narcissistic, but alright.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Any chance you two could take this to PM this isn't anything to do with the models 

If a mod thinks this discussion is inappropriate then I'll stop.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

I used to be a mod, for a while anyway, Scooter and all around 1981.:D

Not as many showers about this morning as I expected, pity that the storm is pulling away at a faster clip than originally expected, by tomorrow there will be little in the way of showery activity inland apart from the usual places. 

Edited by snowray

Posted

Let's not worry about what is going to happen over the next couple of days. Let us just concentrate on getting excited about what isn't going to happen in 7 days time. Or is that a fortnight? Month?

Posted
13 minutes ago, cheese said:

You really are dreadfully conceited.  If you can't have snow then nobody can.  You don't care about subjecting the other forum members to your petulance so long as you get to vent your spleen.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, GrrClark said:

You really are dreadfully conceited.  If you can't have snow then nobody can.  You don't care about subjecting the other forum members to your petulance so long as you get to vent your spleen.

If other users don't like what I post then they are free to ignore me. I won't be offended or upset. Your personal opinions of me are of absolutely no consequence. You can say whatever you want about me but I'm not making a habit of personally insulting other forum members.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

If other users don't like what I post then they are free to ignore me. I won't be offended or upset.

Again that same sense of self entitlement eh?  The real shame is that you are likely so arrogant that you wont even consider reflecting on why there have been a couple of comments like this towards you.

Last comment from me to you.

Edited by GrrClark
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, GrrClark said:

Again that same sense of self entitlement eh?  The real same is that you are likely so arrogant that you wont even consider reflecting on why there have been a couple of comments like this towards you.

Last comment from me to you.

So me advising other users to ignore what I post if they don't like it is having 'self-entitlement'? If you say so.

Anyway, much to the delight of some, I think I'm going to take a break from posting on here for a couple of days. If it's going to snow on Sunday then I would much rather be surprised when I look out of the window anyway - and if it doesn't snow then I won't have to be subject to all of the 'Look at how much snow I've got' posts that will be sure to drive me absolutely barmy. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

As with any time there is a small amount of snow on this forum it appears the IMBYism has hit full up to 150% on the monitoring scale of IMBYism devised by staring out my window itus. This is not the point of the model thread; there is regional discussion threads, cold spell discussion threads and a hundred other places to discuss super duper; these were initially set up during the big freeze (or maybe slightly before) as a temporary feature to ensure the model thread and similar important features were not invaded by the inevitable plethora of will it snow in my back garden and "if i go up this particular hill will it have a foot of snow on it type posts" Given that they decided to keep these open all year round a few years later I'd suppose the moderators of this forum felt, rather justfiably, these were actually doing there job. The model thread is a national thread accessed for information by all; seeing a constant stream of wooping from southerners at the slightest change in trajectory is infuriating to those of us who have simply dawdled in for the images to see if it's going away from us or to try and fiend expert interpretation (which seems to be rarer and rarer, some of the most expert posters perhaps to afraid to enter the model thread for fear of wading through the growing pile of wooping and wah wahing of the IMBY zombies, instead confining their expertise to places it is less likely to be seen like regional threads and there own pages; rather than the very thread it was designed for). 

Everybody from all other the country on this forum has probably at one point ventured into the model forum for information regardless of whether that be positive or negative, or knowledgeable posts. Wading through a treacle fudge of wah wah wah and woop woop woop that we know all to well will probably be meaningless by the end of the day as the new runs place it back where it started or inform you that blizzard is now the worst flooding you've ever seen; let's look at the information; not the inclination. You have a thousand of places to wah wah wah and woop woop woop; a thread designed specifically to discuss the modelling and analyse it on a slight more intelligent level than other threads; is not the place for it. So do us all a favour and if you've got nothing more than a woop woop woop or wah wah wah to add; post it in the regional thread. Cheers.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

We always get IMBYitus when snow's forecast but what's truly staggering this year is watching a minority of people who're currently sat under MetO warning areas and with a really good chance of being dumped on over the next few days still bemoaning the idea that snow-starved places might actually see a few flakes.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

We always get IMBYitus when snow's forecast but what's truly staggering this year is watching a minority of people who're currently sat under MetO warning areas and with a really good chance of being dumped on over the next few days still bemoaning the idea that snow-starved places might actually see a few flakes.

A small amount of snow isn't something to write home about; if that's what was tracking south we wouldn't care; we're talking about a blizzard disappearing from our eyes to the south; you guys would be happy with a few flakes so why can't the weather gods let you have that and give the blizzard to us; who need more than a few flakes (I've had that a few times this season).

Posted
4 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

A small amount of snow isn't something to write home about; if that's what was tracking south we wouldn't care; we're talking about a blizzard disappearing from our eyes to the south; you guys would be happy with a few flakes so why can't the weather gods let you have that and give the blizzard to us; who need more than a few flakes (I've had that a few times this season).

We wouldn't just be "happy with a few flakes", that's just a testament to how snow-starved we are compared to the usual areas that tend to do much better. Congrats on already seeing snow a few times this season. When I lived in both the north and the midlands I was always delighted when the south got to see some snow as I was aware my region(s) had a much better chance of snow each winter, in terms of both frequency and accumulation.

Posted
3 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

We wouldn't just be "happy with a few flakes", that's just a testament to how snow-starved we are compared to the usual areas that tend to do much better. Congrats on already seeing snow a few times this season. When I lived in both the north and the midlands I was always delighted when the south got to see some snow as I was aware my region(s) had a much better chance of snow each winter, in terms of both frequency and accumulation.

Good for you. I can't be that self-less; having not had a proper white-out for many a year - I'm going to want to naturally see it track towards me. The point I was making is that's a want I can express a thousand other places than the model thread, for intelligent discussion of output not childish wah wah wahing and woop woop woop ing. Good for you guys if the blizzard does hit you; I'd be happier if it falls as rain though.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Good for you. I can't be that self-less; having not had a proper white-out for many a year - I'm going to want to naturally see it track towards me. The point I was making is that's a want I can express a thousand other places than the model thread, for intelligent discussion of output not childish wah wah wahing and woop woop woop ing. Good for you guys if the blizzard does hit you; I'd be happier if it falls as rain though.

I've no idea why you think the south is in any way likely to get a blizzard in the next few days? We're not the ones under a yellow or amber snow warning. You'd be happier if the south only gets rain? I haven't seen anyone express such sentiments about people in the north.

Posted
25 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I've no idea why you think the south is in any way likely to get a blizzard in the next few days? We're not the ones under a yellow or amber snow warning. You'd be happier if the south only gets rain? I haven't seen anyone express such sentiments about people in the north.

Look at Monday-Wednesday - you're going to get pasted. And yes I would rather see the south covered in rain if I'm going to get nothing than watch endless snow drift south of me.

Posted
1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

Look at Monday-Wednesday - you're going to get pasted. And yes I would rather see the south covered in rain if I'm going to get nothing than watch endless snow drift south of me.

Pasted?? Where I am is currently due rain on Sunday and a brief flurry of sleet Monday. Hence the only weather warning I'm under is for wind.

I'd prefer more areas get some decent snow than only a few get blizzards. I don't begrudge children in other regions experiencing snow in winter.

• Like 1

Posted

I think Northern's (and the Midlands as well) may have slight envy of the South as they tend to get all the good weather in the summer, certainly no storms around me this summer, and thus they/we feel like we deserve snow after having to endure dull weather for almost a year. Despite this, i cannot understand why people would want others to suffer just because they miss out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

had flurries, good covering earlier, but this location is too far east today, hopefully better tonight/tomorrow when winds turn more NW'ly

sugar! that was meant for regional

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, frosty ground said:

Just out of intrest what are the rainfall rates over the Alps being shown.... Looks way of the scale.

Freezing rain.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Deep Snow please said:

I'm another one who has no idea why you think the south will get any snow. I'll be amazed if there is any. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, rodthrutheblock said:

A summary of winter model threads since whenever:

Snowmageddon on Friday!!

Then Snowmageddon on Sunday!!

Then Bit snowy on Tuesday

Then Sleet maybe Thursday

Rain. It’ll rain.

We chilled on Sunday.