Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

probably due to date, shorts on 25th Nov kinda unusual, this bowler though in my league, still coming in shorts and flip flops

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Broadmayne blizzard said:

Some great analysis tonight. Thanks to all concerned. The ECM at 240 with low dropping southeast from Iceland with high pressure east north and west of it is a classic substantial cold/snowy spell signature. Others have already mentioned classic examples. From an in my back yard perspective I would add in Feb 1978 as well which produced three notable snowfalls culminating in the great southwest blizzard of 18th feb when twenty foot snowdrifts were not uncommon and ten foot was about the norm!! All produced from uppers of wait for it........minus 2

I remember that very well!

When I came downstairs that morning, I was greeted with a 2ft snow drift that had forced it's way through the back door. That was unfortunately the last great snowfall event here.

Rrea00119780215.thumb.gif.46f1edc6bfd148dde64bcf5412742e87.gif  Rrea00219780215.thumb.gif.3f02246c3a274845a8c5ead8345eec83.gif

Rrea00119780216.gif  Rrea00219780216.thumb.gif.bae81746157c55b7f5628a3fdb8380fa.gif

Rrea00119780217.thumb.gif.4cb51df9e52cd02e9d5db1f9a3b49aec.gif Rrea00219780217.thumb.gif.bf5877cd404cda246cbffa3152f7bb3c.gif

Rrea00119780218.thumb.gif.46b7bf0261d10f2c2abe15bfa2de6499.gif Rrea00219780218.thumb.gif.f51415ceda61af3f51a97fd3290c0e96.gif

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
5 hours ago, markyo said:

There's some very strange folk about today,got some odd stares off them. Haven't they seen anybody wearing shorts before? Nought as queer as folk i suppose....:)

You're not the only one, I've still got'em on. Met another student today still sporting the shorts, and we ended up having a conversation about how great shorts are!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Me thinks something is brewing on the stove of winter:) Fingers crossed it will turn out to be a proper brew for once!!

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, knocker said:

It's funny whenever I try to make what I consider a valid point in the other thread I get subject to ridicule/. I need to ponder that a while.

Try forecasting a blizzard, you'll be an instant weather genius :D

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

It's funny whenever I try to make what I consider a valid point in the other thread I get subject to ridicule/. I need to ponder that a while.

Next time you post one of the charts from NOAA ,you must remember to say a severe 100mph blizzard is incoming.

Actually just be truthfull and say uk is a rubbish country to live if you like snowy and cold winters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I really do think the moderators need to be much stricter in moving posts that contain cold/mild ramping over here - objective analysis should be the only thing over there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

stick to your guns... some of us like to know what really going to happen :)

Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's always been the same. The cold rampers get protected to up cold all they like and jump on anyone looking to make some valid points that may mean a milder outcome. Imo We would have a far better forum if the cold rampers were reigned in just a tad

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Definately Forum meltdown.

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.82af0bf5057f646a183cc596879ab042.png

Generator backup required for Netweather servers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
55 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

We are due a very severe winter ,hopefully this year ,used to be once every 15 years from a book I read once.

We had a very severe winter 7 years ago with the coldest December for 100 years. So we're not due a severe winter for another 8 years by that reckoning.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

I can't post the EPS 10-15 anomaly but here is a clue H/t MV

The cold trough down the eastern half of N. America doesn't necessarily promote strong ridging in mid Atlantic Could it lead to two energy streams mixing in the east as previously this year. Doesn't bear thinking about.

rid.thumb.jpg.6ae0434e2f81230797495bb7b3f6e971.jpg

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Definately Forum meltdown.

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.82af0bf5057f646a183cc596879ab042.png

Generator backup required for Netweather servers.

How odd; it must be a linguistic quirk...as soon as the models say the country's about freeze, the NW forum melts...just saying!:crazy:

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

We had a very severe winter 7 years ago with the coldest December for 100 years. So we're not due a severe winter for another 8 years by that reckoning.

Last one before 2010 was 86 I think so due another one to make up for the 24 year gap between those two I think only one severe jan since 87 in 2010 ,so need a severe jan soon.

its like its not a true winter month anymore.

Posted

Temps of 5/6c for 2nd half of week down here. Cold but not that cold. Cant see what all the fuss has been about over last week in the 'other' thread.

Oh how i'd love one of two extremes for this December; either a Dec '81 or a Dec '15. Yes i know it is weird but halfway house re cold is pants!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Yes cold but nothing too extreme though this has always looked the case. Despite the good looking set up it's a very run of the mill early winter cold spell imo.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, sundog said:

Yes cold but nothing too extreme though this has always looked the case. Despite the good looking set up it's a very run of the mill early winter cold spell imo.

I think the big global models have a tendency to underestimate the cold, at least pre-2013, they might have improved though. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

I think the big global models have a tendency to underestimate the cold, at least pre-2013, they might have improved though. 

Quite the opposite I think.