Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

It seems that the promise for cold fans has disappeared as I suspected it would.  Us mild lovers, meanwhile, should enjoy the cloudy, damp but usable conditions next week.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

It seems that the promise for cold fans has disappeared as I suspected it would.  Us mild lovers, meanwhile, should enjoy the cloudy, damp but usable conditions next week.

. if i were to be honest im expecting a rapid descent into a very zonal pattern moving forward...i can live with mild and dry but mild and wet really gets me down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

That's nice to know , can now look forward to months of drizzle,and that warm feeling you get when you open your curtains in the morning to it .:drunk-emoji:

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

Thank god that's another winter over. Must remember to send the extra defibrillators back.

I'm continually amazed at how the same few posters get over-excited when a model generates a cold output, well before any consensus and while everything is still too far off for any reasonable conclusions to be drawn (what is often referred-to as Fantasy Island).  Back when I was still a cold fan, or at least prior to the point when I accepted that mild was better and learned to enjoy and value it, I never allowed myself to get excited until a couple of days out, and only then if at least two of the three major models agreed AND the FAX charts were showing a similar set-up.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

. if i were to be honest im expecting a rapid descent into a very zonal pattern moving forward...i can live with mild and dry but mild and wet really gets me down.

As a firm TMW believer, I expect that too, lasting a few weeks, only Nov though, still autumn

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

That's nice to know , can now look forward to months of drizzle,and that warm feeling you get when you open your curtains in the morning to it .:drunk-emoji:

I must admit that I'm instinctively a cold fan and do experience SAD when I haven't seen the sun for weeks on end, but I've trained myself to see the greater good and enjoy it.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Everybody's getting too worked up about this. How often does late November or even early December feature very cold weather anyway? Nearly all good Winters in the last 100 years haven't tended to get particularly cold until late in December (between Christmas and New Year) or even as late as well into January. Truth is even the educated guesses can't be relied on too much that far, so for all we know we could be on the cusp of something special without anybody been wise to it.

Another thing is I think sometimes we get too obsessed with all these different teleconnections matching up perfectly, that it makes a cold spell seem practically impossible or akin to lottery odds. Surely it's got to be simpler than all that sometimes. What do I know though I suppose.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Any chance the cold obsessed could pop themselves over to the Alps, Scandinavia etc for a snow fix this winter? Would save so much heartache. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
37 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Any chance the cold obsessed could pop themselves over to the Alps, Scandinavia etc for a snow fix this winter? Would save so much heartache. 

Fully understand,it's really annoying,just wish the heat obsessed in the Summer could pop over to Spain for their fix in the Summer......would save so much heartache also. :D Said in a very jovial manner though!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Cold and dry,or mild and dry, I really don't  mind , it's just the poxy rain that really gets me down.

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Cold and dry,or mild and dry, I really don't  mind , it's just the poxy rain that really gets me down.

Absolutely 100percent agree with this!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I enjoy winter no matter what. If I can't have low temperatures, snow, and frost, then it almost certainly means it'll be dark and overcast all day. And I love it when the light levels start to dim as early as 3pm.

(In case this post is misconstrued, I am not being sarcastic.)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
5 hours ago, knocker said:

Thank god that's another winter over. Must remember to send the extra defibrillators back.

Yes no white stuff . Have a merry blue christmas everyone 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, knocker said:

Still on course for the barby over Xmas according to the latest EC46. Above average temps for December.

Belarus-squirrel1.jpg

Nout wrong with a BBQ any time of year :-D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 hours ago, markyo said:

Fully understand,it's really annoying,just wish the heat obsessed in the Summer could pop over to Spain for their fix in the Summer......would save so much heartache also. :D Said in a very jovial manner though!

Indeed! That's what I do. Spain in summer is just gorgeous, OH and I go down there as much as we can and love it so much that we bought a cheap apartment lol. 

Millions of us Brits head to warmer climes in summer. Coldies should head to colder climes in winter for a proper cold and snow fix. Wouldn't be so much drama in here!

Must agree with those saying dry weather preferably over winter, be it mild or cold. Endless Atlantic storms, cloud, rain and wind is very depressing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Can anyone add to the list of words or sayings  they've come to hate when it comes weather talk?

My ones are

North of the  M4 corridor.

Bartlett 

Showing at day 10.

There must be more lol.