Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks like a cooler spell of weather to come in November, which will at least feel more seasonal. Keeping a close eye on the charts for the Bonfire Night weekend, one day it's showing high pressure, the next day, low pressure etc etc. Need it to be dry at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It may well be about turn a wee bit cooler; I'm still thinking, however, that Toyland is fast approaching is first genocide of the new season!:D

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted

It seems that the current feelings based on current models are for temperatures to possibly be a little below average for the first 1/3 of November. Beyond that not so much, but wouldn't it be great for once if we could get upgrades, with milder weather being constantly pushed back (preferably into Spring). Put it like this, if it was the other way round, I'm sure any below average temperatures would be looked at with slight doubt and probably would get pushed back to never, or at most transpire into a washed down blink and you'll miss it affair.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

It is the final day of BST today until March 25th which means from tomorrow's 00z's all models will update 1 hour earlier 

GFS 12z will start from around 15:30

ECM 12z  18:00 to 19:00

UKMO 17:00 to 18:00

All times are approx

And when Winter chasing charts really begins.:cold-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the outlook in the short term,drop in temps,clear skies at night,can't complain at all:)...it is Autumn after all,proper seasonal weather!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Blizzards, Storms, Hot, Foggy - Infact everything

Below normal temperatures look very likely now for the start of November. I think some proper cold shots to come by the second week. Quick get your de-icer before the stocks run out !!! 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

Europe warming up nicely

gefs_t2ma_5d_eur_49.thumb.png.9cd8afb0d8a6deecf2579000a0eae21b.png

I would say i hope not for long....but i suspect you know better sadly:angry:..Just one question,why nicely? 

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
15 hours ago, markyo said:

Loving the outlook in the short term,drop in temps,clear skies at night,can't complain at all:)...it is Autumn after all,proper seasonal weather!

you seem to have a rather narrow view of what constitutes 'autumn' weather.  autumn, possibly more then any other season is one where theres a variety of weather types that are all 'seasonal'. wet windy stormy, clear calm sunny, warm or cold anf frosty, fog too.. :)

Posted
19 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

you seem to have a rather narrow view of what constitutes 'autumn' weather.  autumn, possibly more then any other season is one where theres a variety of weather types that are all 'seasonal'. wet windy stormy, clear calm sunny, warm or cold anf frosty, fog too.. :)

That's the reason i said short term:) Your right i agree,Autumn has the widest spectrum of any season,hence the reason it is my favourite. By far the most interesting season in my opinion. It's like having the starter before the main course. Wets one's appetite for the up coming winter:)

Edited by markyo

Posted

What a fantastic start to the working week,1.5c blue clear skies,light breeze,you can't get better! Makes one feel so alive and ready to go!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

What a fantastic start to the working week,1.5c blue clear skies,light breeze,you can't get better! Makes one feel so alive and ready to go!!

Just wait for 2 months, will be a lot warmer, wet, windy and around 9°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

we are not going to agree on this, i detest frost... i dislike autumn because the party (summer) is over, its obvious our tastes are the polar opposite of eachother! lol

• Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

we are not going to agree on this, i detest frost... i dislike autumn because the party (summer) is over, its obvious our tastes are the polar opposite of eachother! lol

Yep,each to their own,that's what makes the world interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

You should probably ban yourself from the forum until late March early April then :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Seems to me that things are progressing quite nicely this Autumn, with a milder than average October and things cooling down a bit now as we go towards November, Bonfire night should be quite chilly for a change.

Way too early still for the majority of us if its snow you are after so the last thing that I want right now is juicy looking charts popping up, hopefully the decent stuff is being saved up for December.

:)

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Seems to me that things are progressing quite nicely this Autumn, with a milder than average October and things cooling down a bit now as we go towards November, Bonfire night should be quite chilly for a change.

Way too early still for the majority of us if its snow you are after so the last thing that I want right now is juicy looking charts popping up, hopefully the decent stuff is being saved up for December.

:)

Your thought process being ;

Sleet now or Snow later

I'll take Snow later too :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Unusual temp gradient here in Geneva this evening, with the strong N/Easterly Bize wind (anticyclones over germany / austria funnelling air towards lake geneva). Was wondering is there a technical term, or set up, to describe why it feels bitter at ground level due to the cold wind, but the actual freeze level is close to 3000m.

Either way, nice to feel baltic air and get the fire roaring in October. Also hope some troughs sneak into central Europe at the end of the week.....if you keep an eye on the geneva area you'll see over time how rare it is to experience pressure below 1020. If the Azores isn't in town, it's evil Euro twin is in charge.

Edited by lumberjack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, Northwest NI said:

Your thought process being ;

Sleet now or Snow later

I'll take Snow later too :cold:

Indeed. Last October and early November we often had the easterlies and some nice synoptics, scandi high etc, there was a little snow in places in the North of the country in early November if I remember right, then nothing. Getting these juicy set ups too early often seems to give the kiss of death to early winter. 

So I'm hoping that we will see the wintry looking charts turn up in about a month or so's time. A white Christmas is surely overdue..:wink:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

will be -10c by day and -20c by night in the next 48 hrs and then for the next 10 days:snowman-emoji:..if only it could be +10c for another few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Indeed. Last October and early November we often had the easterlies and some nice synoptics, scandi high etc, there was a little snow in places in the North of the country in early November if I remember right, then nothing. Getting these juicy set ups too early often seems to give the kiss of death to early winter. 

So I'm hoping that we will see the wintry looking charts turn up in about a month or so's time. A white Christmas is surely overdue..:wink:

Also I think a lot of people on here are wanting a November 2010 scenario, but I don't blame them as it was a brilliant start to the Winter even though it was still officially Autumn. I would love to see an early bitterly cold snowy spell like that again this coming month but I know it's unlikely. Still a chance it *could* happen though. Always a chance but that's as far as I will go.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Also I think a lot of people on here are wanting a November 2010 scenario, but I don't blame them as it was a brilliant start to the Winter even though it was still officially Autumn. I would love to see an early bitterly cold snowy spell like that again this coming month but I know it's unlikely. Still a chance it *could* happen though. Always a chance but that's as far as I will go.

That month from 25th of November to Boxing Day 2010 was the best winter weather I have ever seen in my area. There was a 5 or 6 day thaw in the middle of two stonking cold snaps, both of which produced in excess of 6 inches of snow cover. I

Edited by Northwest NI
  • Like 3