Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

Unreal the moaning from the coldies seeing as you get the weather you like 350 days of the year anway. For any snow fans, snow in october is even rarer than the 25c we could get this weekend so its not like this warm spell is getting in the way of anything good. It will be nice to be comfortable in short sleeves again for the first time since June.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
6 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Unreal the moaning from the coldies seeing as you get the weather you like 350 days of the year anway. For any snow fans, snow in october is even rarer than the 25c we could get this weekend so its not like this warm spell is getting in the way of anything good. It will be nice to be comfortable in short sleeves again for the first time since June.

Personally I've been in a t shirt since april. Took a long walk today in the last fresh air we'll have for the best part of a week. There's nothing pleasant about whats being modelled considering the humidity will be through the roof.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

A really unpleasant start to a Friday in mid October,looking even worse for the weekend,unseasonable crap,:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, markyo said:

A really unpleasant start to a Friday in mid October,looking even worse for the weekend,unseasonable crap,:angry:

At least it's not polar maritime air, worst for my location, 6° and constant rain through the Cheshire Gap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
10 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Tell that to the heat lovers. The Azores High they love so much is what keeps dragging that crap our way.

eh?..... im no fan of the azores high, as long as thats there we get a westerly airflow, not the yearned for southerly.

Posted

Least we forget,very unseasonable weather this week coming,mother nature nearly always tries to balance it out. All it not lost:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Unreal the high pressure over the Azores through Iberia and into the rest of Europe...when will this pattern end?, oh I forgot we had that 2 weeks or so at the start of September which brought about a bit more amplification - that must be our lot for the rest of the year then! :(

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Least we forget,very unseasonable weather this week coming,mother nature nearly always tries to balance it out. All it not lost:)

Much prefer low twenties right now than cloudy and dull 0c i have today..still looks nice next week where i am.

Posted

Air con back on at home....gutted,thankfully this crap will soon be gone:)

• Like 1

Posted

Here in North Somerset, it's been grey all day! Warm, but not that warm in my view. Thank goodness it's going back to proper weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
59 minutes ago, markyo said:

It's only 20C though? Surely that's not worth having the air con on?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Had to put ours on last night after waking up at 4am sweating like a pig. No wonder when humidity was 85% indoors and 19C in the bedroom. Too warm for me to sleep comfortably.  

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, cheese said:

Any time over 18c in the bedroom and the old air con comes on!:) Couldn't sleep without it.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, cheese said:

The way some people go on, you'd be forgiven for thinking we live in Singapore! 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The way some people go on, you'd be forgiven for thinking we live in Singapore! 

Would be hilarious seeing someone from Florida or Spain stumble upon this thread and seeing people rage over temperatures of 18C being unbearably hot.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice to go cycling in a T-shirt and feel comfortable this time of year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Would be hilarious seeing someone from Florida or Spain stumble upon this thread and seeing people rage over temperatures of 18C being unbearably hot.

It's definitely a British thing, I've not met any other nationality that finds 18C and a bit of humidity so terribly difficult to cope with. I'd understand completely if it was humid and 30C but moaning about 18C being too hot baffles me. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It's definitely a British thing, I've not met any other nationality that finds 18C and a bit of humidity so terribly difficult to cope with. I'd understand completely if it was humid and 30C but moaning about 18C baffles me.

Lol the same, lo behold some of the humidity moaners went to somewhere that was actually humid like Singapore/KL/Bangkok etc.!

Cut my massively ovegrown lawn and got two lots of washing dry outside today, can't complain myself.

• Like 1

Posted

Next week is looking a lot more seasonal thankfully,much more suited to this time of year,unlike this weekend! Least it will stop folk being incredulous how other folk have different views on heat and humidity!:D 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, markyo said:

Next week is looking a lot more seasonal thankfully,much more suited to this time of year,unlike this weekend! Least it will stop folk being incredulous how other folk have different views on heat and humidity!:D 

............. says the person most vocal about folk who have different views on heat/humidity :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

............. says the person most vocal about folk who have different views on heat/humidity :rofl:

Yep,can't argue that one!:D I'll be out in me t shirt and shorts this so called Winter, incredulous at how folk can call it cold:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

smashing day today, great to see the blood sun , the eerie twilight as heavy clouds pass over, the warmth and breeze. nice to experience something a little different :)

• Like 2

Posted

Looking really good in the short term now for seasonal Autumn weather,can't complain at all with the current models,fingers crossed it continues. A season may be with in grasp!!

• Like 1

Posted
On 13/10/2017 at 00:25, Snowy L said:

I’ve had the weather I like about 10 times in the last 3 years.

• Like 1