Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

how dreadfully boring and average the outlook is......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

how dreadfully boring and average the outlook is......

yep,just like in Summer!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

yep,just like in Summer!:D

You mean June?? We've been in autumn mode for about 3 months already! So nondescript its untrue. :lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Flat flat flat seems to be the run of things ever since the beginning of June, sometimes influenced by the heights over the continent (June) and sometimes by the depressions moving west to east to the north (August), though the first couple of weeks of September we saw a bit more amplification...lets keep everything crossed it's not like this in the winter.

Posted

well this unsettled theme cannot continue forever, long time unsettled is often followed by a long time of settled, and settled in winter means a good chance of cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
On 05/10/2017 at 12:12, mushymanrob said:

well this unsettled theme cannot continue forever, long time unsettled is often followed by a long time of settled, and settled in winter means a good chance of cold.

Sadly, "settled" any other time of year means the exact polar opposite it seems. I take my eye off the ball for a few days and the models start taking the mick again. ECM in particular. That muck wants to stay in sodding Iberia where it belongs.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2017 at 12:12, mushymanrob said:

I agree ,but settled at this time of year means sod all to me as I need it in summer :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

I agree ,but settled at this time of year means sod all to me as I need it in summer :nonono:

Agree. If only we could get 3 nice, warm, sunny and mainly settled months in summer where unsettled weather is the exception. I'm not that bothered what the rest of the year brings. 

• Like 1

Posted

Its hard to tell the difference lately, between the model moans banter thread, and the actual model output discussion thread, not that I mind of course, just saying.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Its hard to tell the difference lately, between the model moans banter thread, and the actual model output discussion thread, not that I mind of course, just saying.:D

Both are dead except when the models take the mick. Seems the same to me.

Posted

knockers comprehensive and detailed posts are so good that it doesnt leave much else to say tbh, long may that last too :)

• Like 4

Posted
37 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

knockers comprehensive and detailed posts are so good that it doesnt leave much else to say tbh, long may that last too :)

Can't argue at all on that one,may not agree with some of his political views but as far as the weather is concerned his posts are by far the most informative and non biased on here. Beats the MSM forecasts hands down! Long may they continue:)

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Spot the half decent Pm air mass (or anything from a northerly point) over the last couple of days, in fact what we're looking at presently could quite easily be charts straight out of December/January of the last few winters. Looks like we're heading straight into a warm spell in a few days time.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Let's stick to discussion around the models and not other members please ☺

Posted

How much longer, models? How much longer must I wait before the threat of "heat" abates? Middle of October and the ECM is trying for nigh on mid-twenties on the south. Absolutely vile.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado
5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

How much longer, models? How much longer must I wait before the threat of "heat" abates? Middle of October and the ECM is trying for nigh on mid-twenties on the south. Absolutely vile.

Sounds like lovely weather, I hope you suffer in the glorious sunshine :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

Sounds like lovely weather, I hope you suffer in the glorious sunshine :rofl:

Glorious? Laced with humidity? I don't get it?

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Glorious? Laced with humidity? I don't get it?

.... and i dont get how anybody could like being cold...

• Like 4

Posted

Fingers crossed this awful forecast for the next few days isn't a sign of things to come:angry:

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, markyo said:

Fingers crossed this awful forecast for the next few days isn't a sign of things to come:angry:

If GLOSEA is right then it will be a repeating pattern.

• Like 1

Posted

So as we enter autumn we see the Azores high having the main say again. The mild/warmth of the of the next week just doesn't excite me in October. Can't we have a nice cell of high pressure sat over us in autumn nowadays without it bringing mild muck? Pleasant autumn days with cool crisp nights feel like something autumn never brings anymore. 

Here's hoping the next weeks pattern doesn't last too long. I know our weather is generally a south westerly pattern, but I'm sure everyone would just like to see some seasonal weather for a change. Whether that be summer, autumn winter or spring. The past few years I don't recall any season truly delivering what it should, I just hope this doesn't continue through this autumn and beyond.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm looking forward to some mid-Autumn warmth, myself...At least it's not 25C at 9 a.m.!

And, anywho, the chance of any meaningful cold, at this time of year, isn't that far from zero IMO?:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Bobby93 said:

So as we enter autumn we see the Azores high having the main say again. The mild/warmth of the of the next week just doesn't excite me in October. Can't we have a nice cell of high pressure sat over us in autumn nowadays without it bringing mild muck? Pleasant autumn days with cool crisp nights feel like something autumn never brings anymore. 

Here's hoping the next weeks pattern doesn't last too long. I know our weather is generally a south westerly pattern, but I'm sure everyone would just like to see some seasonal weather for a change. Whether that be summer, autumn winter or spring. The past few years I don't recall any season truly delivering what it should, I just hope this doesn't continue through this autumn and beyond.

I agree with some points you make, but the weather has been pretty seasonal so far this autumn. We've had all sorts of weather, be it wind, rain, hail, storms, showers and some calmer, sunnier days. Not had any fog or frost here yet, but it's still quite early for all that. Would certainly like to see a nice cool, sunny high sat over us for the Halloween and Bonfire Night period....