Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
On 14/09/2017 at 20:17, markyo said:

Have a good trip,fingers crossed the showers will miss. I know the temps aren't to good,hopefully clear skies will help a bit. And a southerner in Shorts in September,respect!:)

Pah, I wear shorts year-round.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Relativistic said:

Pah, I wear shorts year-round.

Snap,proper hard folk like you and me wear shorts all year round, i never complain and whine about the weather!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

I've heard of people like you guys. PE teachers I think they're called? :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Looking like more warm muck on the way back from the south. We could do with a tectonic shift to move this country to where Greenland is now. One day, the models will disprove my point that this year at least, we can't get high pressure without the temps rising above average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
12 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Looking like more warm muck on the way back from the south. We could do with a tectonic shift to move this country to where Greenland is now. One day, the models will disprove my point that this year at least, we can't get high pressure without the temps rising above average.

:nea: id have thought that happens every winter....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Or, you could move to Greenland or Iceland. Probably a little easier than a tectonic shift?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
14 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Temps only look like making 20/21c in the south.....which believe it or not isn't too far above average. The average high in September is still 19-20c (ok this is skewed higher at the beginning and lower at the end), but it's hardly a heatwave like the 32c we got last September! Perhaps you should move to Oymyakon.

• Like 1

Posted

Ah...the joys of being a pariah...

Now I know how Knocker must feel in the winter :nonono:

Look at it this way; the sooner the cold weather comes, the sooner you'll see the back of me. Win/win, right? :diablo:

Posted

Don't mind the slight warm up due to the fact i know it won't last. :) Us tough Northern real men who never moan and wimper like a little girl about the weather,no matter how hot it gets can easily tolerate a bit of warmth.......:D

Posted

Will it actually happen this time? I only ask because GFS has been wanting to build in settled/warm weather at day 10 since the end of June. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Will it actually happen this time? I only ask because GFS has been wanting to build in settled/warm weather at day 10 since the end of June. 

It doesn't look like it will be overly long lasting by any means

UKMOPEU12_120_1.thumb.png.0f43cde5ce27199b90407c9e62dd8687.pngUKMOPEU12_144_1.thumb.png.927f59fc5324638d29f651b7a5efbe84.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Or, you could move to Greenland or Iceland. Probably a little easier than a tectonic shift?

i prefer +30c to -30c that's for sure..im no lover of hot weather or very cold weather..but when you experience both you realise +10c to +25c is the ideal..now where could i move to?..West coast of California say San Francisco kinda works.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ah...the joys of being a pariah...

Now I know how Knocker must feel in the winter :nonono:

Look at it this way; the sooner the cold weather comes, the sooner you'll see the back of me. Win/win, right? :diablo:

Wouldn't say you are a pariah. The 'warm up' (which looks like a 24 hour special, anyway) will only bring maximum temperatures to a very average 18-21C at best, isn't that the sort of cool, pleasant weather that you like?

46 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i prefer +30c to -30c that's for sure..im no lover of hot weather or very cold weather..but when you experience both you realise +10c to +25c is the ideal..now where could i move to?..West coast of California say San Francisco kinda works.

Coastal California has a lovely, if a little boring, climate. I'd rather that than -30C too though, have experienced very low winter temperatures in various countries and one or two nights was more than enough.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

By far the best start to a Autumn for a good few years,nothing to complain about,a actual season for once!:)

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

By far the best start to a Autumn for a good few years,nothing to complain about,a actual season for once!:)

Soon to be ruined by the Azores High :nonono:

Posted

dreadful morning.... cold and drenched.. ok it will 'turn out nice again', but for now its absolutely dreadful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

dreadful morning.... cold and drenched.. ok it will 'turn out nice again', but for now its absolutely dreadful.

it's okay, this Thursday will be a shocker in my location, although you are east, you may stay dry, think of me Thursday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A very seasonal morning here is South Cheshire mist and fog quite dense in places,Temperature was around 5c half hour ago but will rise soon as the September Sunshine gets to work forecast a high of 16c which will feel pleasent if the cloud stays away.

C.S. 

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

it's okay,

not when youre cutting grass it isnt! :p

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

not when youre cutting grass it isnt! :p

Would it not be to wet to cut grass this morning Mush?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

actually, im off with a sprained ankle...

but it cant be, i have to cut wet grass, not ideal but my machinery is top notch. booked up every day - no leeway.. rounds, schedules..cant afford either not to work - well actually now im a pensioner i can now lol

• Like 2

Posted

Warm sunny spells?? Another crap forecast to add to the many this year, so far.

IMG_4636.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yuck!...looking at the synopsis charts over the last day or so you could be fooled for thinking their straight from December (of recent years) - take away to a degree the heights over Scandy/NW Russia and those horrible swinging northwards low pressures and all we get left with is mild/warm Tm dirge and a passing sniff of Pm air from the west. God help us if we get anything like this during the winter months, it could go on for weeks.

We've seen an active enough Atlantic this summer surely it can't keep going on right into this winter?...can it.

Posted
On 19/09/2017 at 12:18, Polar Maritime said:

... i ought to add.... i use my leaf blower to clear the grass of dew on mornings like this :) . a giant hair drier, lol.