Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

have (either of)  you got any actual stats?... or is all this bickering going off memory without any stats to support it?...

Of course i flipping haven't,neither has Cheese!! I live in the area for goodness sake,he doesn't,i have no idea why he has taken to this weird agenda. We are on here to have fun surly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 11/09/2017 at 17:09, johnholmes said:

My you have a very different climate to Heathrow it seems?

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city

20 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Spot on!

Here in the south east, it has not been Autumn since mid July.

I said it has FELT like Autumn here since mid July. And to me and many people I know, it has! It was warmer than Autumn of course, but not by much, with weeks of maximum temperatures barely scraping 20C. It was also generally very cloudy, windy and wet, but with a late reprieve over the BH weekend. Everyone I know has been moaning about the weather since mid July, not just me, and 'high summer' was nearly completely ruined. The rest of the UK has suffered worse conditions, but that's hardly abnormal. This is the moan thread, by the way.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Summer, the further north you go, tends to be better before Wimbledon, probably less so in the south

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I said it has FELT like Autumn here since mid July. And to me and many people I know, it has! It was warmer than Autumn of course, but not by much, with weeks of maximum temperatures barely scraping 20C. It was also generally very cloudy, windy and wet, but with a late reprieve over the BH weekend. Everyone I know has been moaning about the weather since mid July, not just me, and 'high summer' was nearly completely ruined. The rest of the UK has suffered worse conditions, but that's hardly abnormal. This is the moan thread, by the way.

I agree,it is a moan thread,some folk seem to not understand this:wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

People get spoilt though, month after month of above average, then along comes August, and it reverts back to average, still nice though, with that hot sun. One thing you don't feel in Autumn is the heat from a blazing late July August sun.:)

/

• Like 2

Posted

With all this debate regarding night time temp . If you go to accu weather it tells you the exact temperature recorded for any month and location According to this since June till now I have recorded 22 nights below 10c  ( only just mind you ) 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
15 hours ago, markyo said:

Of course i flipping haven't,neither has Cheese!! I live in the area for goodness sake,he doesn't,i have no idea why he has taken to this weird agenda. We are on here to have fun surly?

then i dont get what either of you are going on about. you both have a pov that, without supportative stats, doesnt carry much weight - you think one thing, someone else thinks another, nil nil draw.

Posted
26 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

then i dont get what either of you are going on about. you both have a pov that, without supportative stats, doesnt carry much weight - you think one thing, someone else thinks another, nil nil draw.

I agree,very childish little bickering,i will try and rise above such immature arguments in future,i should know better...........but he started it:D Loving the Autumn feel though this morning,actually for once in this country seasonal weather!!!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, markyo said:

I agree,very childish little bickering,i will try and rise above such immature arguments in future,i should know better...........but he started it:D Loving the Autumn feel though this morning,actually for once in this country seasonal weather!!!

told you before about cheese, he's great, gets very upset about posts on here

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

told you before about cheese, he's great, gets very upset about posts on here

I know,i remember you telling me....as if i'd every take advantage and wind him up..Honestly:) We are just this thread for the banter aren't we?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feeling very chilly for September here, rather unpleasant and I'm not enjoying it much. Would be better if less windy and sunnier, quite a lot of cloud today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

That wind is decidedly fresh, but it's nice enough in the sun between some lovely convective cloudscapes. Reminds me more of March when we often get unsettled convective northwesterlies with clear polar air but strengthening sun, despite still being cool/chilly. Plenty more to come over the next few days it looks like - Saturday could feel very autumnal before a warmer day on Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted

Really enjoying today,feeling lovely and fresh,great in shorts!:)

• Like 1

Posted

chilly soggy mornings... no thanks... but the air quality is good, and in the sun its pleasant, not had a shower yet either..

Posted
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Really enjoying today,feeling lovely and fresh,great in shorts!:)

I started the day in shorts but it felt very chilly, so the jeans went on. Had a little bit of sunshine that felt nice but then a massive downpour (yet again) this afternoon which caused plummeting temperatures. Last camping trip of the season tomorrow, hopefully the predicted showers will miss us. 

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I started the day in shorts but it felt very chilly, so the jeans went on. Had a little bit of sunshine that felt nice but then a massive downpour (yet again) this afternoon which caused plummeting temperatures. Last camping trip of the season tomorrow, hopefully the predicted showers will miss us. 

Have a good trip,fingers crossed the showers will miss. I know the temps aren't to good,hopefully clear skies will help a bit. And a southerner in Shorts in September,respect!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

DJrtOpwWsAAALfl.jpg:large

Didn't really know where to put this! The cold blob over the Atlantic looks to have all but disappeared....strangely cold over Biscay though. What impacts will this have in silly season??

Posted
8 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

DJrtOpwWsAAALfl.jpg:large

Didn't really know where to put this! The cold blob over the Atlantic looks to have all but disappeared....strangely cold over Biscay though. What impacts will this have in silly season??

Perhaps here?

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/83908-cooler-atlantic/?page=25&tab=comments#comment-3624713

Posted

If it was December, January or February, we would all be salivating at the prospect of the "Beast from the East" looking at this morning's output.

Posted
6 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

If it was December, January or February, we would all be salivating at the prospect of the "Beast from the East" looking at this morning's output.

........... or june, july, august for a crackin heatwave :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

but as we all know, getting more unlikely as years go on, especially Dec to Feb, mid Sept to late 0ct, and Mid Mar to Whit, the biggest easterly chances

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

Just had one thanks ...summer was just like the old days of 1995:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Why is Netweather predicting cool when there will be temps at or below 3c Its Bloody cold:nonono:

B-Ze46hIIAA9HiA.jpg