Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Single figure night time temps on the offer coming week,oh the joy! Can't wait for that lovely Autumn feel:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 hours ago, markyo said:

Single figure night time temps on the offer coming week,oh the joy! Can't wait for that lovely Autumn feel:)

Not sure what country you live in, but here in the UK it has felt like Autumn since mid July!

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure what country you live in, but here in the UK it has felt like Autumn since mid July!

:D You southern softies make me laugh,us up North are proper hard.....every heard me whine and moan like a little child about how hot it is!:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

On 09/09/2017 at 16:08, markyo said:

Single figure night time temps occur all year in every month. What's so special about them?

Posted
14 minutes ago, cheese said:

Single figure night time temps occur all year in every month. What's so special about them?

Sorry you've lost me completely,they don't. No idea why you would say that. High density areas can go months without those figures.

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Sorry you've lost me completely,they don't. No idea why you would say that. High density areas can go months without those figures.

Not in Sheffield, that's for sure. Central London, maybe.

Edited by cheese

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Not Sheffield, that's for sure. A

Again not sure what your point is,sorry:)

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Again not sure what your point is,sorry:)

I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer. Temps below 10C are not at all uncommon in the summer. Your location definitely doesn't go months without falling below 10C. I bet it's fallen below 10C at least a handful of times.

Edited by cheese

Posted
10 hours ago, cheese said:

I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer. Temps below 10C are not at all uncommon in the summer. Your location definitely doesn't go months without falling below 10C. I bet it's fallen below 10C at least a handful of times.

May be 2 or 3 times in the last 3/4 months. Not common. Still no idea what point your trying to make:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

I know my area hasn't seen night time temps below 12c or so since April. Been very mild/muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
53 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I know my area hasn't seen night time temps below 12c or so since April. Been very mild/muggy.

Ummm... yes it most certainly has. Skelmersdale receives considerably cooler nights than my locale and the only month I didn't register a single figured minimum was July.

Posted
On 9/10/2017 at 11:20, stainesbloke said:

My you have a very different climate to Heathrow it seems?

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Ummm... yes it most certainly has. Skelmersdale receives considerably cooler nights than my locale and the only month I didn't register a single figured minimum was July.

That goes without saying, but my estate must have its own microclimate because I haven't felt the chill of a <10c night for a good while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
2 hours ago, johnholmes said:

My you have a very different climate to Heathrow it seems?

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city

thats abit unfair john, chosing one of the warmest spots in the country to suggest the rest of the country is similar.

its hardly been summerlike weather since mid july for most of the country has it!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

thats abit unfair john, chosing one of the warmest spots in the country to suggest the rest of the country is similar.

its hardly been summerlike weather since mid july for most of the country has it!

I think you need to look closer at who John is quoting. I don't think he is comparing the whole country to Heathrow at all.

Edited by Nizzer

Posted
13 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

I think you need to look closer at who John is quoting. I don't think he is comparing the whole country to Heathrow at all.

Spot on!

Here in the south east, it has not been Autumn since mid July.

• Like 2

Posted

Summer in London was essentially a 'game of two halves' - great start, poor end.  Overall assessment - average.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

What I was trying to do was refer the posters comment, and his location, to the nearest and quite close weather station=Heathrow. Of course the 'country' as a whole has not had the same weather as Heathrow. Give an ex senior forecaster a bit more savvy than that mushy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

That goes without saying, but my estate must have its own microclimate because I haven't felt the chill of a <10c night for a good while.

Righttt.... :doh:

• Like 1

Posted
On 11/09/2017 at 05:06, markyo said:

May be 2 or 3 times in the last 3/4 months. Not common. Still no idea what point your trying to make:cc_confused:

That is my point - that your location has gone below 10C during the summer, and I would be willing to bet it's gone below 10C a lot more than just 2 or 3 times! Even the centre of Leeds has  gone below 10C more than that this summer (albeit it didn't go below 10C at all in July).

Am I just explaining myself poorly, or what? 

Edited by cheese

Posted
34 minutes ago, cheese said:

That is my point - that your location has gone below 10C during the summer, and I would be willing to bet it's gone below 10C a lot more than just 2 or 3 times! Even the centre of Leeds has  gone below 10C more than that this summer (albeit it didn't go below 10C at all in July).

Am I just explaining myself poorly, or what? 

I can say for certain it is at max 2/3 times since mid may in my location we have had single figure nights. All i said was i welcome the single figure nights that Autumn brings! Why your on your high horse about that statement is beyond me.

Posted
8 hours ago, johnholmes said:

What I was trying to do was refer the posters comment, and his location, to the nearest and quite close weather station=Heathrow. Of course the 'country' as a whole has not had the same weather as Heathrow. Give an ex senior forecaster a bit more savvy than that mushy!

lol... ok fair point, i missed his location, thought it was a bit odd... my bad!.

but in all fairness it has been very much below parr for most of us away from the ever favoured southeast.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, markyo said:

I can say for certain it is at max 2/3 times since mid may in my location we have had single figure nights. All i said was i welcome the single figure nights that Autumn brings! Why your on your high horse about that statement is beyond me.

have (either of)  you got any actual stats?... or is all this bickering going off memory without any stats to support it?...