Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

and therein lies the problem.

We are here to have fun,not critices other peoples opinions,what is the problem...the only problem is your attitude i'm afraid

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Ignore that member Mark!

Thank you,i will do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
6 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

It certainly can be, Mushy...As I've said before, the weather knows nothing of human definitions?:D

well if sunshine and heat is all you need for 'summer', then fair play.... but as ive said many times before, summer is more then just sunshine and heat. :)

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Spikey M said:

Aside from a boringly obvious attempt to wind people up, I am struggling to see what you are hoping to achieve here?

if you are referring to me, its part of my crusade to get the 'official' date for the seasons changed to the meteorological one.  its my ocd kicking in, its clearly not summer like not only in the weather - but in nature. as for other topics... im not the one who spent all summer moaning about summer weather - who is winding up whom?

Posted
9 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

RIP Indian summer!

why?.... a true indian summer is a warm spell after the first frost. i reckon a frost could be on the cards next week as its set to get very chilly especially overnight. and theres time yet for another warm / above average spell. if anything, we need this chilly spell if we are going to get a real indian summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
9 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

RIP Indian summer!

Indian summers are from late-September to mid-November remember we are technically still in summer if you follow the Northern Hemisphere it doesn't end until 22nd September

We still have ample chances for an Indian summer in October

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If only @knocker's squirrel had a big enough mouth, he could go out into the Atlantic and swallow up Sunday's Low :/

(assuming the models verify for the weekend)

Posted
19 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Indian summers are from late-September to mid-November remember we are technically still in summer if you follow the Northern Hemisphere it doesn't end until 22nd September

We still have ample chances for an Indian summer in October

Indeed, look what happened in 1995.  Following the warmest August on record, September was unsettled and not particularly warm.  Summer then made a return during early October with temperatures well into the mid 20's.  October 1995 was one of the direst and warmest on record I believe?

Posted

Yeah, far to early to call an Indian Summer out of the question. It's the equivalent to those that say our hopes of snow have passed in the middle of February. Mother Nature is a fickle mistress.

Posted
5 hours ago, Spikey M said:

Yeah, far to early to call an Indian Summer out of the question. It's the equivalent to those that say our hopes of snow have passed in the middle of February. Mother Nature is a fickle mistress.

Sorry but the likelihood of a Indian summer is very very remote,nothing is showing anything even close.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't see what all the fuss is about; September is an Autumn month, but can, at times, have 'summer like' weather. Its the same with a cold spell in November, its still Autumn, but can feel 'like' winter.

As for March 2013, that was one of the best winter months ever.:D

• Like 5

Posted

daily temperature records indicate that 25c or above has been reached every day until october 13th, with a few odd ones later. with high pressure nudging in from our west, and some warm uppers currently being predicted on both the ecm and gfs, theres every chance in the next 5 weeks of getting some 'heat'.

Posted

With the Atlantic as it is the chances of heat in the next 5 weeks are very distant indeed. Just can't see it at all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Indeed, the latest GFS 12z run paints a cool theme throughout with an amplified blocking high keeping the tropical maritime air mass at bay.

Edited by prolongedSnowLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes, horrid, certainly frosts around mid Sept, and crappy 13°, only snow for Scottish mountains

gfs-0-210.png?12

Posted

dont get me wrong here, im not saying there will be some heat, just that imho its too early to write it off.

tbh im not a fan of late heat, its usually very humid too, id be happy with just 'normal' from hereon in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

With the Atlantic as it is the chances of heat in the next 5 weeks are very distant indeed. Just can't see it at all.

Yep the further we go into this month the harder it will be to get very warm weather into the UK, late Sept 2011 was a rare exception and not likely to be repeated for a long time. Loving the conditions recently, nice fresh and so easy to sleep now! should stay like this until April when daft season starts with the early sunrises.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
48 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Its done now IMO, just looking forward to 9 months of winter (12c and drizzle) and all it brings ...

Seems Standard at the moment sure will be 12c to 15c at 2am in the morning week before Xmas lol.

Posted

support is growing for a more settled spell in about a weeks time, although starting decidedly chilly, will we import some warm uppers some models are still suggesting?

Posted
3 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

support is growing for a more settled spell in about a weeks time, although starting decidedly chilly, will we import some warm uppers some models are still suggesting?

Yep agree at the moment the models show a slight trend but with the current situation anything over 5 days is just pure guesswork.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
13 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Its done now IMO, just looking forward to 9 months of winter (12c and drizzle) and all it brings ...

Jeez, if we had nine months of winter I'd be a happy bloke! More like nine months of autumn.

• Like 2