Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Funny how cold charts last about as long as an icecream in phoenix isn't it? Coldies best get used to it.

You must let us all know your amazing psychic methods of prediction!

Cold charts are totally pointless until November, but hopefully for all the coldies something more seasonal will appear by then. In the meantime, a few days of summery weather to enjoy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

You must let us all know your amazing psychic methods of prediction!

Repeating trends and (as of right now) overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

To hot already,my old puss isn't happy at all! Can't get cool bless,bit like this old fossil:D

Posted
41 minutes ago, markyo said:

To hot already,my old puss isn't happy at all! Can't get cool bless,bit like this old fossil:D

Won't last! Rain on way for South by Wednesday, with pleasant temps returning thereafter, 

Edited by draztik
  • Like 3

Posted

My old puss will be very happy with that news! She isn't one for the heat just like me:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

My old puss will be very happy with that news! She isn't one for the heat just like me:)

In fact Wednesday might even be a jumper day if the heavy rain supercooling effect takes hold.

Posted
30 minutes ago, MP-R said:

In fact Wednesday might even be a jumper day if the heavy rain supercooling effect takes hold.

Fingers crossed! In puss case paws crossed!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous bank holiday weekend here (for once!), 28C, sunny, light winds. Summer came back at last.

• Like 3

Posted
31 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Awful Bank holiday weekend here. 14C and constant rain or drizzle..  Summer did not return. 

In NI until Wednesday - it has rained on and off since I got here last week! Today was humid and wet, tomorrow is to be dry with 16C. Talking to folk here, summer did not return.. tho it never actually arrived at any point this year. 

Edited by draztik

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Thankfully nothing too warm here today, almost always the case the hottest temps south & east of a line from the Humber to Bristol. Much fresher tomorrow every where away from the SE corner where it will still be very warm/hot.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

It felt like summer again today for sure! 28c and almost cloudless, glorious. Nice to get one more blast at least before we start the long road towards disappointment in chasing those cold spells!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

26c and clear fresh air... ok, only for a few hours in the afternoon but it was extremely pleasant, warmth, freshness, breeze, dry, sunny - perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

My gazebo pole snapped about 12 days ago,we have been continually  camping (in England) since then, on not one single day did we need cover from rain; glorious weather for festivals, cooking outside, swimming in the sea, setting up and packing away big canvas tents, sitting out late chatting with friends, playing all day on holiday. Absolutely amazing end to the summer, I am very grateful.

One bizarre occurrence this weekend was my friends all sitting hiding in the shade of a fence draped in colourful cloths at a festival, absolutely no wind, boiling hot. A sudden wind whipped past out of nowhere, caught the cloths, flipped the fence into my pals, then ten seconds later - still air again, the only sign that something odd had occurred was a plastic carrier bag about 100 ft up in the air swirling around on its own.

....now then, one last day to dry all our holiday washing, pack the camping clobber back into the sheds and rescue my tomatoes before the chilly rain arrives.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
22 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

26c and clear fresh air... ok, only for a few hours in the afternoon but it was extremely pleasant, warmth, freshness, breeze, dry, sunny - perfect.

26c fresh? Luckily it never got above 23c by me,freshness was not a word i would have used to describe it. Everybody i work with was saying  how warm it was and any warmer would have been unwelcome. Today has been fresher thankfully,16/17c perfect. Can't do my usual moaning or whining at all!! Rest of the week looks good as well. Summer is over for heat i feel,now to look forward to a lovely cool Autumn,mists,better light,better everything actually.....no ruddy hayfever!!!!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like a fairly normal start to September, some settled weather and some unsettled weather. Nothing unusually settled like 2014 neither unsettled like 2011 or 2008.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, markyo said:

26c fresh? Luckily it never got above 23c by me,freshness was not a word i would have used to describe it. Everybody i work with was saying  how warm it was and any warmer would have been unwelcome. Today has been fresher thankfully,16/17c perfect. Can't do my usual moaning or whining at all!! Rest of the week looks good as well. Summer is over for heat i feel,now to look forward to a lovely cool Autumn,mists,better light,better everything actually.....no ruddy hayfever!!!!!! 

yes, 26c and fresh, not humid, quite unexpected tbh i expected it to be muggy/humid but it wasnt.

hayfever? at this time of the year?.... i dont get that - all the air borne pollen was over ages ago.

Posted
48 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

yes, 26c and fresh, not humid, quite unexpected tbh i expected it to be muggy/humid but it wasnt.

hayfever? at this time of the year?.... i dont get that - all the air borne pollen was over ages ago.

That's not strictly true. There's still weed open at this time of year, along with fungal spores.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=pollen;sess=

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

That's not strictly true. There's still weed open at this time of year, along with fungal spores.

Indeed Paul, I've always had hay fever during August and September; it's the Spring & Summer pollen that never used to affect me...

Anywho, expect the ongoing hurricane season to cause mayhem among the models?:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I will add a moan to this! My hayfever is still bad....I pretty much suffer for about half the year (April-September) now, and seem to be affected by all types! Worst period is still the summer, add in some heat and it's usually nosebleeds for me. I'm just a bit stuffy now. I do enjoy the clear winter air and being symptom free for a few months!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Interesting about pollen, many yellow flowers are flowering in my holiday-neglected allotment and garden, eg lettuce, rocket, ragwort (very guilty for having that) and lots of Compositae species (things that look like dandelions), Hawkbit, Hawk's-beard and also thistles. Runner beans are also flowering, but I am not sure how widespread they would be as an allergen unless you live near a veg plot.

Posted
4 hours ago, Paul said:

weed?... what weeds have airborne pollen?... fungus spores? not 'hay' fever then ... lol :p

i guess any alergic reaction to 'summer stuff' gets lumped in under the 'hay'fever tag. when i got it, i only got it in june/early july. by mid july it was over for me.