Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

There is a difference between warm and pleasant and warm and unpleasant. I'll give you a hint: it starts with hum and ends in idity.

Have you seen the overnight temps the GFS is propagating? Would be 19c+ easily. Not pleasant at all.

Nothing wrong with 19C overnight, sounds pleasant to me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Nothing wrong with 19C overnight, sounds pleasant to me. 

There you go with your fan calibrated to mimic a wind tunnel...

Seriously though, as I've said before; I envy anyone who can sleep comfortably in conditions like that. I certainly can't.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

There you go with your fan calibrated to mimic a wind tunnel...

Seriously though, as I've said before; I envy anyone who can sleep comfortably in conditions like that. I certainly can't.

Just a normal fan, nothing extravagant or super-duper. 19C won't warrant a fan anyway, I'd enjoy it actually (but am going to Spain tomorrow so will miss it). It is very unlikely to be anywhere near 19C overnight in NW England overnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Just a normal fan, nothing extravagant or super-duper. 19C won't warrant a fan anyway, I'd enjoy it actually (but am going to Spain tomorrow so will miss it). It is very unlikely to be anywhere near 19C overnight in NW England overnight.

Lol I draw the line at 16c...

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Lol I draw the line at 16c...

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Thanks. Only going for 4 nights but can't wait, the last month has been awful. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking pretty repulsive for the next few days,low cloud and 90% humidity by Tuesday,not nice at all:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

I always think it rather odd that people moan about bad weather in summer and positively salivate at the thought of it in winter.

I think we all just moan at weather that makes us feel uncomfortable whatever the season.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

I think we all just moan at weather that makes us feel uncomfortable whatever the season.

Good lord that would be a new concept in the winter thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
12 minutes ago, knocker said:

I always think it rather odd that people moan about bad weather in summer and positively salivate at the thought of it in winter.

I think it is just a case of people having an enthusiasm for seasons.

In summer many of us go on holidays, days to the beach, BBQ's etc which obviously requires a good degree of fine & warm weather.

In winter, with the shorter daylight hours, you aren't going to get a 25c sunny, warm day so people look for a seasonal Christmas, enjoy winter sports like skiing etc & nights around a fire with the family.

After all, if we all just wanted 1 specific weather type 365 days a year then the hobby of a "weather enthusiast" would be very boring.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Far too much being made of 'ex-hurricane Gert'...if anything it looks like it stalls to the north west rather than moving eastwards causing warmth and humidity. ECM in the mid to extended outlook looks like slowly reverting to the earlier summer scenario and that's more of a tracking jet to the north and that same old 'bubble' of heat which has been over the southern Med all summer encroaching towards our shores.

Posted
3 hours ago, AWD said:

In summer many of us go on holidays, days to the beach, BBQ's etc which obviously requires a good degree of fine & warm weather.

In winter, with the shorter daylight hours, you aren't going to get a 25c sunny, warm day so people look for a seasonal Christmas, enjoy winter sports like skiing etc & nights around a fire with the family.

After all, if we all just wanted 1 specific weather type 365 days a year then the hobby of a "weather enthusiast" would be very boring.

Alternatively the elderly and frail like myself, who's days on the piste are but a dream ( I gave up drinking a few years ago as well), huddle around a fire trying to keep warm whilst counting the pennies after being ripped off during an over hyped Xmas. There are some compensations like a country stroll in warm south westerly airs and seeing the early dafs and a reminder that spring is just around the corner.

I've seen my share of interesting weather so I'll take 'boring' although I generally find there is something of interest that doesn't require hyperventilating.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

cfs-0-714.png?00

September looking good lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, AWD said:

Tend to  agree with you , it's the sheer bland mediocrity of our climate that gets under my skin half of the time.

Posted
11 hours ago, markyo said:

Looking pretty repulsive for the next few days,low cloud and 90% humidity by Tuesday,not nice at all:angry:

And the end of the week in towards the weekend and beyond if the models are right. ECM worst of the lot.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

And the end of the week in towards the weekend and beyond if the models are right. ECM worst of the lot.

August is atm running below average, so a warm spell, last 7 days or so is to expected, it was forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
20 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

August is atm running below average, so a warm spell, last 7 days or so is to expected, it was forecast.

It depends what location you live at and the projected forecast...:hi:

andy.png

andyx.png

Posted
23 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

It depends what location you live at and the projected forecast...:hi:

andy.png

andyx.png

Indeed, I made the projected forecast in the CET thread on 10th of August, that being for a warm end to August, highlighting the last 7 to 10 days.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Not one comment on any of the 12z runs....and I can understand why! Really poor again, and a continuation of the last 7 weeks of dross.