Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
12 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

stench of summer?..... my god, where do you live, a sewage farm?. :rofl:

the only scents i get in summer are off blooms, lilies, jasmine, roses, etc etc etc... all i get in autumn are smelly dying plants, dead/decaying vegetation, dampness, and chilly.  i dont mind winter because the aira clean - but theres nothing to compare to a mild spring day in april, when the air is full of the freshness of new growth.

You wouldn't be saying that if the local cats used your flower bed as a littertray. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
17 hours ago, markyo said:

The stench of that ruddy pollen!! Natures weapon of mass destruction to my eyes and nose!:angry: But seriously i love opening that door to that first few cold mornings,really wakes one up:)

fair comment about pollen but its hardly a 'stench' is it!

Posted
5 hours ago, Spikey M said:

You wouldn't be saying that if the local cats used your flower bed as a littertray. :(

stop them.... simples.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
44 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

fair comment about pollen but its hardly a 'stench' is it!

It's a stench to my little delicate nose! Fair play though i understand where your coming from,it's just the coolness associated with Autumn for me is so much fresher than opening the front door to heat at 8am after a broken nights sleep....suppose it's the Victor Meldrew in me again!:D

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

stop them.... simples.

We have tried. Sprays don't work, lights don't work, putting gravel down doesn't work. An air gun probably would, but I suspect it is not allowed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Spikey M said:

We have tried. Sprays don't work, lights don't work, putting gravel down doesn't work. An air gun probably would, but I suspect it is not allowed.

Something better than air guns lol.

Those super soakers, tell you what after a while the cats wont come anywhere near you as soon as you pick it up lol.

Doesnt harm them but keeps them away, as well as those evil magpies than ravage any other birds nesting or near by, right bullies dont have any of them near me now was getting about three families worth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Spikey M said:

Spray water at them, they hate it and won't come back once you've soaked them. If you have lots of bare earth showing then you need to grow carpeting plants, bare earth is a magnet for cats.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Spray water at them, they hate it and won't come back once you've soaked them. If you have lots of bare earth showing then you need to grow carpeting plants, bare earth is a magnet for cats.

Yep, they're looking for a place to poo really, that is what causes all the problems. A good soaking won't do them any harm, if you want some extra zing put some lemon juice in the water. Cats hate the smell of citrus. Its harmless to the cat but for them it reeks so it'll have an extra deterrent effect.

• Like 1

Posted

Another cracking day here in SW London. 25c already!! If this is "unsettled and changeable" as forecast then i'd be interested to see what "hot and humid"would look like.

Poor and inaccurate forecasting at the 48/72 hour range again by the forecasters. Hasnt really improved in a long long time.

Posted

On first glances today's chart doesn't look great but then when the fronts are added it shows even with low pressure in charge it can produce a lovely sunny warm day. 21c currently with 8c uppers so with bounteous sunshine we might head up to 23c today:)

IMG_1437.PNG

IMG_1438.PNG

IMG_1440.PNG

Posted
2 hours ago, SW1988 said:

Another cracking day here in SW London. 25c already!! If this is "unsettled and changeable" as forecast then i'd be interested to see what "hot and humid"would look like.

Poor and inaccurate forecasting at the 48/72 hour range again by the forecasters. Hasnt really improved in a long long time.

disagree with you old chap... they have been spot on for here.

Posted
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

We only moved in last August and the last owners had a load of shingles down so we have started from scratch. The plants are filling out nicely, so hopefully there will be nowhere for the little sh*ts (literally) to go.

Posted

gert isnt behaving... its taking much longer then originally thought for it to cross... it must throw great uncertainty into next week..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

gert isnt behaving... its taking much longer then originally thought for it to cross... it must throw great uncertainty into next week..

Yes, if things go right it could stall out west giving us a nice burst of late summer heat. 

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, if things go right it could stall out west giving us a nice burst of late summer heat. 

i was think of it sitting right on top of us and pishing it down! lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

i was think of it sitting right on top of us and pishing it down! lol.

GFS still going with a warm Tuesday for most of the south! chance of evening storms too, pattern that often develops, warm/heat spike timed for a Tuesday

ukmaxtemp.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking humid and warm for tues/wed's....oh what joy,can't wait:angry:

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Nope..back to 16s here wed so it will be a one day wonder for this area.

Utter joke of a climate the NW of England has...and its getting worse every rotten year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Yes Gert can bugger off, next week was looking cool and settled earlier in the week but Gerty thrown it all on its head now we getting warm muggy cloudy crap with some warm rain at times. Back to chasing cool and settled in FI again :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Been a dreadful July and August. Models have been poor too with constant predictions of sustained Azores ridging which has failed to appear.

Posted
2 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

Yes Gert can bugger off, next week was looking cool and settled earlier in the week but Gerty thrown it all on its head now we getting warm muggy cloudy crap with some warm rain at times. Back to chasing cool and settled in FI again :nonono:

Seeing as temperatures have been below average for a month, it'll be nice to get some warmth for a few days.

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Been a dreadful July and August. Models have been poor too with constant predictions of sustained Azores ridging which has failed to appear.

Much as they predict snow and bitter cold in winter then?

Posted

I've noticed a few posts etc moaning about warmth for one or two days (the usual).

We've had a poor August bad for holiday makers and farmers etc, and it means the coming seasonal change will feel even less present as usual..
Some places haven't had an above average day since July so I think a couple moan free warm days wouldn't go amiss! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
13 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

I've noticed a few posts etc moaning about warmth for one or two days (the usual).

We've had a poor August bad for holiday makers and farmers etc, and it means the coming seasonal change will feel even less present as usual..
Some places haven't had an above average day since July so I think a couple moan free warm days wouldn't go amiss! lol

There is a difference between warm and pleasant and warm and unpleasant. I'll give you a hint: it starts with hum and ends in idity.

Have you seen the overnight temps the GFS is propagating? Would be 19c+ easily. Not pleasant at all.