Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

From a purely Anecdotal perspective August (and to a lesser extent July) have been terrible summer months (bar the odd exception) for some time. We tend to get good Mays, June's, Septembers and sometimes Octobers but the hottest months of the year just don't seem to deliver often anymore.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

All in all a very good summer for me,mainly good nights for sleeping,aircon bill lower than last year,feel a whole lot more refreshed than usual at this time of year. August looking to end on the same note so very happy indeed. I know many,and i mean many won't agree but swap places job wise with myself in the heat and you'll find out what i'm on about!:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This is the latest modern equivalent of 'sunny spells'....sad

IMG_4560.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, markyo said:

All in all a very good summer for me,mainly good nights for sleeping,aircon bill lower than last year,feel a whole lot more refreshed than usual at this time of year. August looking to end on the same note so very happy indeed. I know many,and i mean many won't agree but swap places job wise with myself in the heat and you'll find out what i'm on about!:)

Summer has been okay, unless ya call August summer, late May, upto about Wimbledon had summer like weather at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
24 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Like this day Frosty! unrealistic range though

ukmaxtemp.png

Summer should take the hint and jog on. Charts like that are why I dread the prospect of any high pressure this time of year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Today's GFS runs are once again leading the rampers up the garden path. Charts like what the 12z is showing are why I dread the thought of any high pressure this time of year. HP=humidity and uncomfortable temps usually sourced from an unwelcome direction. This season cannot end soon enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
43 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Today's GFS runs are once again leading the rampers up the garden path. Charts like what the 12z is showing are why I dread the thought of any high pressure this time of year. HP=humidity and uncomfortable temps usually sourced from an unwelcome direction. This season cannot end soon enough.

Summer is 3 months long, not 1. We've lost nearly a whole month of anything remotely summer-like so it's time for some warmth and sunshine to make a welcome return. Unlikely to be more than a day or two, so moaning at this stage is completely unnecessary.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Summer is 3 months long, not 1. We've lost nearly a whole month of anything remotely summer-like so it's time for some warmth and sunshine to make a welcome return. Unlikely to be more than a day or two, so moaning at this stage is completely unnecessary.

Give me dry and average and I'll agree with you. Beyond that, no thanks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
49 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Summer should take the hint and jog on. Charts like that are why I dread the prospect of any high pressure this time of year.

Ignore the chart and ignore the hope casters that lead us up their garden paths and turn them into genuine forecasts. . It wont come off just like the 100s of others this summer. The sypnotics are still looking as vile as they looked on July 25th all set for a cold and wet month. I can't see 25C being breached again this year unless theres a big turnaround.

Note: ECM 00 op was very vile post next weekend.  

Posted
7 minutes ago, 40*C said:

Ignore the chart and ignore the hope casters that lead us up their garden paths and turn them into genuine forecasts. . It wont come off just like the 100s of others this summer. The sypnotics are still looking as vile as they looked on July 25th all set for a cold and wet month. I can't see 25C being breached again this year unless theres a big turnaround.

Note: ECM 00 op was very vile post next weekend.  

Plus with current world events, we might all be pushing up radioactive daisies by then

Posted
25 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Plus with current world events, we might all be pushing up radioactive daisies by then

Might send some warmth our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
13 hours ago, 40*C said:

Ignore the chart and ignore the hope casters that lead us up their garden paths and turn them into genuine forecasts. .

hope you follow that advice in winter when hopecasting is ten times worse...

the gfs has no support, the noaa charts show a brisk upper flow, so theres no lengthy settled spell whilst thats in place.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Give me dry and average and I'll agree with you. Beyond that, no thanks.

another quote ill throw back at you - would you settle for that in winter? if not, then stop moaning to people who would like warmer then average in summer... cuts both ways.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, draztik said:

Those hoping for a stunning Sept, best look away...

not the trend you'd want if it's a settled September you want, per latest ensemble update (CFS);

sept cfs.gif

But, judging from the CFS's long and distinguished career, that's got to be the best news yet!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But, judging from the CFS's long and distinguished career, that's got to be the best news yet!:yahoo:

Oh Indeed - but it has support from the EPS 46day... which is showing a pretty limp September, also. But who knows, wishing it away might stop the 'negative' trend.

Edited by draztik

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
21 minutes ago, draztik said:

Those hoping for a stunning Sept, best look away...

not the trend you'd want if it's a settled September you want, per latest ensemble update (CFS);

sept cfs.gif

That's great news. Probably means a cooler than average September too. 

Perhaps an early frost or gale in the offing. 

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
3 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

another quote ill throw back at you - would you settle for that in winter? if not, then stop moaning to people who would like warmer then average in summer... cuts both ways.

Actually I would. Have had to for the last 6 years.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

That's great news. Probably means a cooler than average September too. 

Perhaps an early frost or gale in the offing. 

That is the hope - a cooler than average Autumn would be the ideal... and the recent August update from the Met Office ensemble system fills one with hope.

(July 2m Temp Sept - Nov) & (August update 2m Temp Sept - Nov)... certainly edging down.

4.png3.png

Edited by draztik

Posted
1 hour ago, draztik said:

That is the hope - a cooler than average Autumn would be the ideal... and the recent August update from the Met Office ensemble system fills one with hope.

(July 2m Temp Sept - Nov) & (August update 2m Temp Sept - Nov)... certainly edging down.

4.png3.png

Personally i am a big fan of cool Septembers. Although it can be warm in late Sep and October, much like spring you know it's not summer. If we can get a cool and wet September then we can finish summer off completely. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

For me September is the most boring month of the year, most Septembers are just grey leaded skies day after day, so if the month head is going to be anything but that I'll be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
26 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Nothing in the express about it so it will happen 

IMG_1325.GIF

It looks as Though Halloween as come early:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 14:41, Dancerwithwings said:

For me September is the most boring month of the year, most Septembers are just grey leaded skies day after day, so if the month head is going to be anything but that I'll be happy.

I've found a lot of recent Septembers to be more than decent. While not overly extraordinary (apart from the second warmest on record 2016, and the very dry & warmer than August 2014!) on the whole, it's probably more of a consequence of so many bad August months in the last decade meaning that even an average September feels decent after a month of cloud, wind and rain.

• Like 1

Posted

september bores me......dreadful month of coming death and darkness.

• Like 1