Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dry here today, despite all the melodramatic warnings. A maximum temperature of 17C, absolutely pathetic. Dark grey gloomy skies all day too, yet again. 

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Dry here today, despite all the melodramatic warnings. A maximum temperature of 17C, absolutely pathetic. Dark grey gloomy skies all day too, yet again. 

Not stopped raining here pretty much all day, looks dark as well.

Its beyond words how horrific this summer has become.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Not stopped raining here pretty much all day, looks dark as well.

Its beyond words how horrific this summer has become.

not too bad today, but tomorrow looks very bad, but not in your location

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Ramp time....Okay it's only for Thursday, a lovey start and for most of the day it'll stay with us :)

Capture.thumb.PNG.a3e2e7fb8eb9044687aae6c2dba7ce34.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not too bad today, but tomorrow looks very bad, but not in your location

People round here are blaming the Pennines but im not buying it...yes they dont help especially being on western facing slopes but no-no, the uk climate has changed drastically, whether its global warming i dont know, or whether its cyclical.

I cancelled 2 weeks off in July due to the awful outlook and rebooked them for basically the 6th to the 20th August, i reckon i will see 2 or 3 days when i can sit outside in a tea shirt, thats ridiculous.

Posted

makes a change Dancerwithwings, because my location seems to be warmest and sunniest between 6-8am, then goes windy, cooler and cloudier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

People round here are blaming the Pennines but im not buying it...yes they dont help especially being on western facing slopes but no-no, the uk climate has changed drastically, whether its global warming i dont know, or whether its cyclical.

I cancelled 2 weeks off in July due to the awful outlook and rebooked them for basically the 6th to the 20th August, i reckon i will see 2 or 3 days when i can sit outside in a tea shirt, thats ridiculous.

It's probably cyclical just like the colder winters we had from late 2008 through into 2013, bar 83 & 84 there was quite a few summers in the 80's that were cooler & wetter than this one. Some of the CET's in them were ridiculously low. I have a picture of our son who was born in early July 85 & my wife has written on the back a month after he was born "it's done nothing but rain since you were born".

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

makes a change Dancerwithwings, because my location seems to be warmest and sunniest between 6-8am, then goes windy, cooler and cloudier

Ahh, makes a change from all this drab,,,,, warmest between 6-8am ?:blink2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Starting to feel i can't post on here much longer,my unbridled joy at this weather i feel will really,really start to pee folk off. Understandably may i add. So many yearn for those summer temps i dread,everybody is different,i agree i'm the extreme,so i'll try and keep my gob shut,not in the business of annoying folk for the sake of it.:) May get a Indian summer,who knows,that;s the joy of our climate! Most unpredictable in the World.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Ahh, makes a change from all this drab,,,,, warmest between 6-8am ?:blink2:

yeah because it's nearly always sunny, when we're in a low pressure Atlantic setup, between those times

Posted

The north and west definitely has had it worse this summer by the looks of it. We've been slightly below average sunshine and about average temps so its been ok here. A little on the wet side though but again nothing remarkable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
46 minutes ago, markyo said:

Starting to feel i can't post on here much longer,my unbridled joy at this weather i feel will really,really start to pee folk off. Understandably may i add. So many yearn for those summer temps i dread,everybody is different,i agree i'm the extreme,so i'll try and keep my gob shut,not in the business of annoying folk for the sake of it.:) May get a Indian summer,who knows,that;s the joy of our climate! Most unpredictable in the World.

Well I'd settle for sunshine and low to mid 20's lol! That'd surely suit nearly everyone? Doesn't need to be stupidly hot or sweaty at all, but this filth we are experiencing is beyond dreadful and it's getting worse. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

ECM at 240 is a sight I would love to see in Jan.  Not so much a week before my summer holiday!

This summer has hardened my resolve to work hard for the next 20 years, retire, buy a campervan, and drive it south during summers like this.  Then keep driving south.

Posted
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ramp time....Okay it's only for Thursday, a lovey start and for most of the day it'll stay with us :)

Capture.thumb.PNG.a3e2e7fb8eb9044687aae6c2dba7ce34.PNG

I'll believe it when I see it. More likely to have a sunny early morning before the near constant infill covers the sky from 11am onwards.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well I'd settle for sunshine and low to mid 20's lol! That'd surely suit nearly everyone? Doesn't need to be stupidly hot or sweaty at all, but this filth we are experiencing is beyond dreadful and it's getting worse. 

Honest answer?....i agree,today was OTT even by my miserable standards,this is summer,today would have graced a mid winters day in South Yorkshire, Fingers crossed something a bit more to every bodies liking will emerge soon...even i wouldn't complain to much!:)

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I'll believe it when I see it. More likely to have a sunny early morning before the near constant infill covers the sky from 11am onwards.

Correct, then back to sunny skies come the evening.....yeah right!!!

Capture.thumb.PNG.8b070b88436b5cd7c7133aead9805248.PNG:blink2::blink2::blink2::shok:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

image.thumb.png.3f653cfd0fd6fb038304b5b66fd285fd.png

You just got to laugh at that chart, you wont see one like that in january thats for sure.

hope we don't, 5° and rain not great

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
13 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes one feels our wretched climate is now becoming relatively predictable...

Of course before anyone shoots me there will be exceptions but i would say the following..

1 summers are rubbish the further away from the SE one heads.

2 winters are mild - Atlantic driven most of the time

3 'summer' has a tendancy to arrive now in sept/oct

In other words if one enjoys seasonal weather, your goosed.

.............. on the plus side we have enjoyed some cracking springs in the last ten odd years. we do have a lot of warm dry sunny spells now when springs used to be much more unsettled.

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

.............. on the plus side we have enjoyed some cracking springs in the last ten odd years. we do have a lot of warm dry sunny spells now when springs used to be much more unsettled.

That's true. This Spring was good here, it's such a lovely time of the year (my favourite) when the weather is warm and settled. But I'd still rather have the best weather in high summer. So many more people would appreciate it. Pouring here again today and cold at 13C, I do feel for all those from here and abroad trying to enjoy their well deserved holidays in this utterly vile excuse for a climate.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks like this August is going to be joining an ever growing list of forgettable, cool and wet Augusts since the turn of the decade. By my reckoning 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and now 2017 have been horrid - meaning 5 of the 8 Augusts this decade have been poor. 2012 was warmish but wet, 2013 was ok, and last year wasn't bad, but none of them were what you'd call memorable in any way. Are changing times and weather patterns around August causing these repeatedly bad setups, or just a natural variation/bad cycle of months? 

Edited by mb018538

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
53 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Looks like this August is going to be joining an ever growing list of forgettable, cool and wet Augusts since the turn of the decade. By my reckoning 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and now 2017 have been horrid - meaning 5 of the 8 Augusts this decade have been poor. 2012 was warmish but wet, 2013 was ok, and last year wasn't bad, but none of them were what you'd call memorable in any way. Are changing times and weather patterns around August causing these repeatedly bad setups, or just a natural variation/bad cycle of months? 

Indeed! 2016 was probably the most summery since 2005 here at least. 2015 was decent in the first half, but went titicus verticus from the 19th onwards. Had 2013 been a bit sunnier it would've been great.

Id love to know why our Augusts have become so dire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
38 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I

Id love to know why our Augusts have become so dire.

strange isnt it?.... when i was at school (yes all those years ago) whilst augusts were not always hot dry and sunny, at least they were 'normal', with not too much wet stuff.

august 2006 was a huge disappointment after the june and especially july. whilst not overly wet, it was dull, i remember being on here and commenting that some leaves on some trees were starting to bronze up. i also recall TEITS saying in early august that he thought it would be a poor august and thered be no more heat - he was scorned by some - but he was spot on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
7 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

strange isnt it?.... when i was at school (yes all those years ago) whilst augusts were not always hot dry and sunny, at least they were 'normal', with not too much wet stuff.

august 2006 was a huge disappointment after the june and especially july. whilst not overly wet, it was dull, i remember being on here and commenting that some leaves on some trees were starting to bronze up. i also recall TEITS saying in early august that he thought it would be a poor august and thered be no more heat - he was scorned by some - but he was spot on.

Yes exactly. I think August 2006 was the first time I properly took note of a poor August (probably all relatively though because in isolation it wasn't THAT bad here). Summer 2007 was also the first time I took note of a very poor June/July after the first 10 days of June. Even the likes of 2002 and 2000 had spells of fine weather. August 2008 was then like no August I'd ever experienced before - probably the worst in my lifetime (I was born in 1992 so don't remember that one).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'd rather be putting up with the extremely hot oppressive weather some parts of southern Europe are currently experiencing instead of this absolute crud weather pattern we've been stuck in for what feels like ages, at least there's things one can do to keep themselves cool in hot weather.