Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer
58 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

It hasn't been too bad of a Summer this year. Mostly dry and bright, but with some instances of rain and showers at times. What this Summer has been unappealing for so far is thunderstorms, with none of the plume-like setups delivering anything. 

Personally, I would love August to change that, but looking at the models, it doesn't look as though they'll be any proper heat for the next week or so at least (although things could always still change). Just be nice to have a decent Spanish plume setup with an authentic thundery breakdown. Any storms that have broken out just haven't wanted to hang about over the West Midlands (at least not in this part). 

Maybe some of the showery setups this week could at least provide showers with a few odd rumbles. But just want a proper storm, really

I suppose that depends on where you are. In parts of Scotland apart from the odd day here and there (and a nice spring) it has been awful, wet and miserable.

Edited by tempestwatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Lovely sunny start to the day, 18c/19c currently with a high of 23c/24c forecast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
1 hour ago, tempesangel delightch said:

I suppose that depends on where you are. In parts of Scotland apart from the odd day here and there (and a nice spring) it has been awful, wet and miserable.

Yeah, that's true actually. I think sometimes it's so easy just to focus on your on own region or area when talking about how the weather has been.

You guys, though, do deserve a break from the wet weather (especially if it's dry, sunny, weather you prefer)

Posted

torrential downpour here. Not sure if forecast but i'm struggling to remember a day it hasn't rained in the past few weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

its a pretty decent september day here so far....

... oh wait.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
38 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

its a pretty decent september day here so far....

... oh wait.....

Hah...you can see it already can't you. A cooler, wetter than average august followed by a cracking warm settled spell in September after the kids return to school and the nights are already more noticeably drawing in.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

So near and yet so far.

meTz20170731_0000+16800.png

An ugly chart for peak summer.

meTz20170731_0000+33600.png

Night time temperatures starting to creep up here. Will get to a stick 24 degrees over the next few days at night time. Air con time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
12 minutes ago, jvenge said:

Night time temperatures starting to creep up here. Will get to a stick 24 degrees over the next few days at night time. Air con time!

You're welcome to it, prefer the fresher nights thanks very much!:D

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

You're welcome to it, prefer the fresher nights thanks very much!:D

Me too! I'd much rather have a nice 15 degrees at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Nice, dry sunny day here in central London with some scattered fair weather cloud. Temps have reached 23c.

Currently looks cooler out towards west London/Heathrow  at the moment with more cloud and one or two light showers. Warmer and sunnier central London out to east London, Essex and Kent. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Good portion of Europe looks horrendous,wouldn't want to be in Italy at the moment!!:) Must be so uncomfortable. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I've been in Majorca for ten days, the heat is unbearable.  Local guy says It's as hot and dry as he can remember. 

Good luck,sounds very unpleasant 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
17 hours ago, markyo said:

Good luck,sounds very unpleasant 

Could be here too if the ensembles are hinting at what I think they are. Something very nasty could be on the horizon.

Posted
7 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Could be here too if the ensembles are hinting at what I think they are. Something very nasty could be on the horizon.

Fear not,we have the Atlantic on our side! 

On 01/08/2017 at 12:47, Chris K said:

Hah...you can see it already can't you. A cooler, wetter than average august followed by a cracking warm settled spell in September after the kids return to school and the nights are already more noticeably drawing in.

I always book 2 week's off work in  September as it always seems to be sunny and warm recently 

Posted

Can you imagine actually paying to go to 40c plus temps? What a waste of holiday!:angry: You can't do anything,have to take shelter during the day,costs a fortune......just like the UK holidays really!:D

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, markyo said:

Can you imagine actually paying to go to 40c plus temps? What a waste of holiday!:angry: You can't do anything,have to take shelter during the day,costs a fortune......just like the UK holidays really!:D

I have experienced 18 consecutive Greek summers before moving to the UK! I never understood why most tourists visit Greece in July and August, they are horrific hot months and it is impossible to sunbathe without damaging your skin (and I don't even have a pale complexion). Spring and autumn are much better seasons to visit, you can swim comfortably in the sea, get a safe tan and visit the sights without the sweat travelling from your neck all the way down to your underpants!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
35 minutes ago, karyo said:

I have experienced 18 consecutive Greek summers before moving to the UK! I never understood why most tourists visit Greece in July and August, they are horrific hot months and it is impossible to sunbathe without damaging your skin (and I don't even have a pale complexion). Spring and autumn are much better seasons to visit, you can swim comfortably in the sea, get a safe tan and visit the sights without the sweat travelling from your neck all the way down to your underpants!

I have known people who go to EGYPT in the summer. 50c in the sodding shade one year. Absolutely mad.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Death Valley in July August is great 50 to 55c and low humidity,like being in an oven ,fantastic  :D

Great for the leathery skin look! lol

• Like 1

Posted

One is so happy with the UK weather this Summer.....looks hellish for our European friends though:diablo: Joking aside folk will suffer and my thoughts go out to them.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

One is so happy with the UK weather this Summer.....looks hellish for our European friends though:diablo: Joking aside folk will suffer and my thoughts go out to them.

Hell isn't far from the mark. People are DYING in europe. Anybody who pines for conditions like that isn't right in head. They should just lock themselves in a turkish bath.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

I think I mentioned a few weeks back I don't mind warmth in September as the nights are usually cooler because of less daylight, so as long as August stays cool like this I will be happy. Loving the cool air today, feels nice and fresh with low humidity, got a few windows open and it's so comfortable in here with that breeze blowing through.

• Like 1