Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

Weather looks great in..............................................Majorca!

Thank goodness I'm heading there for a couple of weeks to escape the monsoon. Hopefully when I get back mid August we'll see a decent end to the season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Agreed Ed (Pete) that was 979 mb at its lowest with storm force 10 winds so 960 mb would be very unlikely..for mid summer.

And I couldn't push my motorbike above 30 mph...And that was a summertime hoolie!

960mb? I bloody well hope not!:shok:

Edited by Ed Stone
missing word...again!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly can't complain regarding output at the moment,yesterday felt awful,today totally more workable. Do feel tad sorry for those seeking the sun though and high heat temps whilst on holiday. Best for them will be a typical summer,odd days at best. 

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Vile outlook at the best part of high summer, just as holiday season starts. Might scrape a few reasonable days, having said that. Fingers crossed that weekends at least are usable. 

At least if the weekends are to your liking that'll help! Not much i know. I can at least hide in my cave then to avoid the heat:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
4 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I know I've joked about it but the outlook has gone completely pear shaped from the fairly recent signals indicating a prolonged very warm settled spell to generally cool and unsettled..makes me seriously question the seasonal models!

did the same not happen in winter as well when they forecasted cold but turned out above average?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

There's no doubt we've entered into a far more mobile pattern and an unsettled spell. 

Im always wary of simply writing off the next few weeks based on a batch of bad model runs. 

Years of model watching has shown things can change at quite short notice, particularly when we're talking about summer warmth, which is always easier to achieve in this country than deep cold and snow (down south at least!). 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yes they went for extensive northern blocking early last winter which would have potentially meant a severe winter for the uk but we ended up with boring sluggish mid latitude blocking instead with hardly any snow.

I know, truly wonderful and much appreciated by Sidney and family.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Loving the outlook, Nothing uncomfortable on the horizon,perfect!.......now were did i put that flak jacket,think i might get a bit of incoming fire soon:D

certainly someone will like it, you know, with an imaginary friend, Skinners brewery beer, seems to want wind/rain and 12° every day of the year

Posted

Used to be a fan of heat and humidity,  especially at weekends when not a work , mostly because it nearly always brought thundery episodes at some point ,  I could tolerate working in it knowing a good chance of being rewarded with thunder and lightning

now it does not pan out like that anymore , here at least, so i have started preferring temps in the high teens rather than high twenties, heat and humidity is pointless without storms, and becoming an annoyance now , today has felt much better       

Edited by IanR
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

certainly someone will like it, you know, with an imaginary friend, Skinners brewery beer, seems to want wind/rain and 12° every day of the year

Not sure about the imaginary friend  but the rest yep would suit me fine with my job,so much better!!:) only joking....even us  cave dwellers need the sun sometimes! Just not the heat:angry:

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

disappointing? downright dreadful! i dont think the noaa anomaly charts could get any worse.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

disappointing? downright dreadful! i dont think the noaa anomaly charts could get any worse.

Well you could try the EPS :shok:

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.0e920bc530ce92b2ceb1508ea986bbfe.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A purely selfish view from me but I wouldn't mind if August is a "write off" for very warm/hot weather. Although I understand that it's not ideal for the kids holidays (if you have kids) On the other hand I don't mind if September is warm by day as the nights are a bit longer by then so this gives the home the chance to cool down more effectively. I've known frost here in September so this shows the nights are really beginning to lengthen by then.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, markyo said:

At least if the weekends are to your liking that'll help! Not much i know. I can at least hide in my cave then to avoid the heat:D

Yes, would suit us both. As I don't work Mon-Fri but work any days of the week I don't mind heat in the week but most of my friends do have weekends off, so I hope August will provide some decent weekends at the very least. Can plan some nice weekends away, get full use out of our tent and not get wet, cold and miserable. Basically, enjoy summer! Though charts really are vile at the moment, very autumnal. 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, would suit us both. As I don't work Mon-Fri but work any days of the week I don't mind heat in the week but most of my friends do have weekends off, so I hope August will provide some decent weekends at the very least. Can plan some nice weekends away, get full use out of our tent and not get wet, cold and miserable. Basically, enjoy summer! Though charts really are vile at the moment, very autumnal. 

Fingers,toes and anything else possible needs crossing for that summer weather at the weekends by the look of the output at the moment,must be very frustrating to say the least! Dry, high teens low 20's with a bit of sun would not go amiss compared to what's on offer, Even Neolithic old men like me don't mind weather like that!:)

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted

I flew back from Britain on Wednesday. It looks as though I timed it right.

After weeks of warm/hot weather in Slovakia I was expecting to get a shock when returning back home but the 12 days I was back for weren't that bad on the whole. I can think of only one truly grotty day plus a few boring cloudy days but other than that there was plenty of warm sunshine on offer. Temperatures were nothing special but the sun and lack of wind makes all the difference.

Stilll nothing like the 35C here yesterday though. Just a chilly 31C today. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Wow nobody has moaned for over 8 hours..The models must be looking better:yahoo:;)

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Very strange headlines from NW today!?!..'is it Autumn or July'? - Felt like a summers day here, a bit breezy but with a max of 22.4c but just goes to prove again the difference between the south/south east and the rest of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Wow nobody has moaned for over 8 hours..The models must be looking better:yahoo:;)

tomorrow looks decent, before thundery showers move up from the south, feel warm in any sun

Posted
18 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Why would they....looking lovely and cool!...:) Us Northern cave dwellers can't complain! :D

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Speak for yourself markyo ,you troglodyte :rofl:

A very proud troglodyte i am...:D..Even goggled the spelling to make sure i got it right,you know what it's like with us simple folk:)

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

It's beautiful out there at the moment. Wind, cloud, heavy rain, and good temperatures :)

• Like 3