Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

OK I am going to have a moan this morning. Why has Carol Kirkwood been entrenched in the bowels of Centre Court for the past 2 weeks?Wimbledon bores the pants off me and could not give a toss if it rains there. No mention in her forecasts this week for weather likely at The Great Yorkshire Show Ground in Harrogate or what really matters to many summer sports fans,the weather for the test at Trent Bridge. I want a real weather forecast presenter who covers the nations wider interests, the excellent Peter Avery comes to mind. She bores me so much,I even started watching the other lady weather presenter on ITV, Laura,I think is her name. She is good but gets little time to present a full nation forecast. That's all from grumpy!

Totally agree...it's the Wimbledon effect, it's like a black hole sucking the media in from everywhere and it's been even worse this year. Just glad Murray and Konta were knocked out before national hysteria set in. Kirkwood seems to be a bit of kiss-ass (being chummy with Judy M) etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow, latest GFS runs are really not good for summer lovers. Quite horrific in fact with no let up of low pressure in the vicinity of NW Europe, giving strong winds, rain and cool temperatures. Thankfully, ECM output is very different and the Met Office outlook is also very reasonable. Squeaky bum time though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The pure joy i felt in seeing the demise of the heat has been well tempered by the knowledge that many,many folk will be bitterly disappointed. This is summer,for so many their favourite season....season that may be pushing the bounds a bit in this country though!. Really hope it's not all doom and gloom,fingers crossed some decent warmth will start to show for those looking for it. Just wish you could book the weather in advance,weekends only for heat that's fine,nice cool drizzle for the working week would be perfect for me...trust me coming out of rooms as hot and humid as i work into into a gentle cooling drizzle is beyond description!:) Selfish i know but boy it feels good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
On 11/07/2017 at 20:25, Spurry said:

Great to see the Azores high building into Scandinavia next week, we'll be in Western Sweden between the 20-25th July so hoping for some long warm sunny days, to relax, swim ,soak up the sun and drink lots.

Came back from S.E Spain on Sunday night where the temp was around 34c to 2 days of awful drizzly dross

Looks like my optimism on Tuesday has been completely taken away, currently it looks as if i'm gonna be dodging the rain/showers in Sweden next week :wallbash:  GUTTED:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Spurry said:

Looks like my optimism on Tuesday has been completely taken away, currently it looks as if i'm gonna be dodging the rain/showers in Sweden next week :wallbash:  GUTTED:nonono:

That'll teach you'. Your much better off sticking to the Pier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

The pure joy i felt in seeing the demise of the heat has been well tempered by the knowledge that many,many folk will be bitterly disappointed. This is summer,for so many their favourite season....season that may be pushing the bounds a bit in this country though!. Really hope it's not all doom and gloom,fingers crossed some decent warmth will start to show for those looking for it. Just wish you could book the weather in advance,weekends only for heat that's fine,nice cool drizzle for the working week would be perfect for me...trust me coming out of rooms as hot and humid as i work into into a gentle cooling drizzle is beyond description!:) Selfish i know but boy it feels good!

we are still going to get a hot blast, and beyond that the signs are promising that we will get a lengthy settled spell that should at least be very warm if not hot. this delay doesnt phase me... seen it all before, will see it again.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

we are still going to get a hot blast, and beyond that the signs are promising that we will get a lengthy settled spell that should at least be very warm if not hot. this delay doesnt phase me... seen it all before, will see it again.

which model is showing hot or even very warm? which model is showing a lengthy settled spell? 

• Like 1

Posted

Not seeing either, personally. Just standard fare. oh sorry, the GFS is.... the same model that has been derided for days. Silly me.

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, draztik said:

Not seeing either, personally. Just standard fare.

Actually, the latest GFS run is a VAST improvement on the utterly awful output it churned out on a couple of previous runs. No heatwave showing but nothing too bad with some decent temperature quite possible and not much rain at all. 

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Actually, the latest GFS run is a VAST improvement on the utterly awful output it churned out on a couple of previous runs. No heatwave showing but nothing too bad with some decent temperature quite possible and not much rain at all. 

ah yes, the GFS to the rescue. GFS, the worlds most loved and despised model - when it suits.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Are there any models/charts that 'we' can see, showing a lengthy spell of very warm or hot weather?

I recon its a case of 'building blocks' a phenomenon, often seen in winter.:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, stainesbloke said:

but ECM has gone other way, with that horrid 22nd low

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

Are there any models/charts that 'we' can see, showing a lengthy spell of very warm or hot weather?

I recon its a case of 'building blocks' a phenomenon, often seen in winter.:D

as with a lot of the models this summer..... it shall be jam, tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, draztik said:

ah yes, the GFS to the rescue. GFS, the worlds most loved and despised model - when it suits.

Not all all, just commenting on how quickly things can change. Apparently the ECM has now suddenly produced a crap run. So with all the see-sawing going on between the models, anything is possible weather-wise, wouldn't you agree?

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not all all, just commenting on how quickly things can change. Apparently the ECM has now suddenly produced a crap run. So with all the see-sawing going on between the models, anything is possible weather-wise, wouldn't you agree?

of course - but the point is, a few days ago we were headed for an 'epic' period... and today we are scrambling, looking for this 'epic' period..... of course, it changes. The weather can often make fools of us, but the important factor, for me at least, no model is showing hot weather and it's foolhardy to keep propagating that idea with no evidence to back it up. 

I should say, the models can make fools of us, rather than the weather .... as its always right ;)

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
50 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

We shall see...i wouldn't build your hopes up to much,we live in the UK remember:D

• Like 1

Posted

I see the GEM is being highlighted in the MOD thread, always a sign that the game is up. Looks like a mixed bag to come over the next week or so ... all pretty standard fare. Something for all folk to enjoy, whatever the preference. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
9 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Ignore draztik. Nothing he posts is ever useful - just another tedious wind-up merchant with too much time on their hands.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Ignore draztik. Nothing he posts is ever useful. 

Strange. I was saying my gut was telling me what the GFS was showing for days was bang on. And as per tonight's ecm, it seems not a bad call. But yea, everything I say is useless :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, draztik said:

Strange. I was saying my gut was telling me what the GFS was showing for days was bang on. And as per tonight's ecm, it seems not a bad call. But yea, everything I say is useless :)

Whatever you say, buddy. 

n-POOP-EMOJI-large.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Kinda tacky. But I expect nothing less from you. Just a heads up, attacking me won't bring you the heat you crave. Just makes you look intolerant. 

• Like 1

Posted

Tacky? I'm just lowering the discourse to the kind of level you're used to. Sheesh. 

Posted

Though giving what the ecm is showing, I understand you're quite emotional right now. You're forgiven. I shan't be replying to you again. :)

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The ECM has just ruined my weekend:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Fantastic Ecm 12z this evening, can't wait for the cool unsettled weather to arrive..bring it on!:yahoo:

• Like 2