Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

27c or 12c......guess which i'd choose:D....should be easy!

Given a choice between today's 26C, wind and persistent cloud, and a sunny, still 12, I think I'd opt for the latter!

Which should be okay, as there are no nasty, evil, voracious, Sassenach-munching midges down here! In the Highlands, the wee buggers hide wherever it's still and shaded!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
52 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Given a choice between today's 26C, wind and persistent cloud, and a sunny, still 12, I think I'd opt for the latter!

Which should be okay, as there are no nasty, evil, voracious, Sassenach-munching midges down here! In the Highlands, the wee buggers hide wherever it's still and shaded!:D

Ah the evil devious cunning Scottish midge,devils in disguise,i'm sure they all wear kilts,paint their faces blue and attack any Sassenach who dares to cross the border! Who needs bloody Trident when you've got that lot:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
4 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Not acccording to weatheronline. Leeds-Bradford Airport has 65% humidity compared with 55% at Southend.

Agreed sometimes it feels really humid and muggy even when there is not much humidity registering.

Its almost the "feels like" feeling i with the wind chill factor in the winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Not surprised,i couldn't stand it either,keep ticking those days off to better days to come!:)

either 50-odd or 60-odd depending on where autumn starts for you. meteorological being the former, astronomical being the latter. Either way it can't come soon enough. The longer range signals are pointing to something very nasty indeed. :wallbash:

Edited by Ice Man 85
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

26c sneaked here tody, that 9 times now this summer we have locally breached 25c... that makes it the hottest summer since 2006. (emphisise locally).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

The permanent autumn brigade must be delighted!

Jammy sods. I'd trade their summer for ours in england any day of the week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Only 12 degrees in Aberdeen!

Um0Rx4tvTG6gjyO4FC4yyQ.png

Horrific. Especially bad considering day length up there. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Horrific. Especially bad considering day length up there. 

28 achieved in the tropical south, stainesbloke :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
35 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

either 50-odd or 60-odd depending on where autumn starts for you. meteorological being the former, astronomical being the latter. Either way it can't come soon enough. The longer range signals are pointing to something very nasty indeed. :wallbash:

Keep being positive,fingers,toes anything else crossed the longer range signals are wrong:)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Keep being positive,fingers,toes anything else crossed the longer range signals are wrong:)

I pray to god they are. Otherwise I'll be looking for the nearest bridge to jump from...

Posted

For anyone who has reverse S.A.D, the summer model outputs have been akin to a diet; the 0z runs put me off my breakfast and the 12z runs put me off my tea. I literally just feel sick. Just makes you not want to wake up in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

For anyone who has reverse S.A.D, the summer model outputs have been akin to a diet; the 0z runs put me off my breakfast and the 12z runs put me off my tea. I literally just feel sick. Just makes you not want to wake up in the morning.

They are only model runs, not what is actually going to happen to the exact degree as shown. The models are very fickle as any winter lover knows. You might only suffer for short periods in a 3 month season, especially living in relatively cool W Lancashire; those of us actually with S.A.D. suffer most of the year in this generally vile climate. So a nice hot summer is a blessing.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

This south east vs everybody else that people speak of reminds me of summer 2010. Although June was broadly okay everywhere the July saw a similar split with cloud and humidity here while the south east basked. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
2 hours ago, Spikey M said:

I need to get Aircon.

Just got mine fitted,  worth every penny.

I can recommend the right people when you do.

Local firm really good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

:rofl:

Posted
1 hour ago, summer blizzard said:

This south east vs everybody else that people speak of reminds me of summer 2010. Although June was broadly okay everywhere the July saw a similar split with cloud and humidity here while the south east basked. 

July 2010 was the worst month I've ever seen for that type of crap. Absolutely horrific.

It's nothing like that at the moment thankfully. It's been a nice weekend.

Posted

Fingers crossed that the models are finally beginning to pick upon the possibility of a summery spell coming up. It seems a loong time since we ha a really good August in this part of the world!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

July 2010 was the worst month I've ever seen for that type of crap. Absolutely horrific.

It's nothing like that at the moment thankfully. It's been a nice weekend.

Not too bad here either I don't think. The worst weather came at the end of June.

Posted
20 hours ago, ILC said:

Hating this summer weatherwise in London. The sooner Autumn is here the better for me

Same as. It's been horrendous. Too hot and humid and as for nighttime ...urgh. Only 52 days til September 

Posted

theres going to be some right moaning on here by the heat haters..... things are looking really optimistic for a long hot spell by the end of the month, and quite shocking really is that carole kirkwood on breakfast tv said that temps are set to rise by the end of next week with temps across england and wales set to be in the upper 20's even low 30's '.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

theres going to be some right moaning on here by the heat haters..... things are looking really optimistic for a long hot spell by the end of the month, and quite shocking really is that carole kirkwood on breakfast tv said that temps are set to rise by the end of next week with temps across england and wales set to be in the upper 20's even low 30's '.... :D

not whats showing on GFS 00Z, could see trends though even as early as todays 12Z, not a heat hater, but prefer 23° and dry, the worst is cool and wet, allergy problems

gfs-0-192.png

Posted
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not whats showing on GFS 00Z, could see trends though even as early as todays 12Z, not a heat hater, but prefer 23° and dry, the worst is cool and wet, allergy problems

gfs-0-192.png

we can all cherry pick a chart to 'prove a point'... the facts are the noaa anomaly charts are more accurate then the ops, and they have shifted significantly towards anticyclonic rather then trough driven pattern 6-14 days.

oh heres my cherry picked chart from the previous run... :p

hot.png

Posted

Yes mushy man, we can always cherry pick - as you like to do with those anomaly charts from NOAA. As memory serves, you recently posted one in MOD thread as evidence of an impending UK warm/dry spell - only to come in the next day *when it changed* to say, "I broke the cardinal rule and allowed my emotions to get in the way". Deary me! and seemingly, here you go again...

as for the rest of the model thread, it really is an interesting place in the mornings....

*What do we want? Heat. When do we want it? Now* ... therefore, any slight wobble in the models is seen as a massive downgrade. This happens each and every day! Then when the opposite takes hold, 'heatwave on the way, to the south'..... regardless of where the poster is... *ensuant fanfare* 

At least there's old faithful... (knocker), who merely posts what he sees, without hope or expectation. And even when he does muse, it's tempered. We could all learn a lesson from this particular poster. 

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Perhaps it's time to buy myself an aircon. :)