Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

How anyone can put the word "pleasant" in the same sentence as 32c is beyond me.:cc_confused:

I've always loved hot summers, still do even though getting to work in a uniform isn't nice. Can't bear max temps in the teens and too much cloud at this time of the year, massively depresses me. The other 9 months of the year are hideous enough. We are all different on here.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I've always loved hot summers, still do even though getting to work in a uniform isn't nice. Can't bear max temps in the teens and too much cloud at this time of the year, massively depresses me. The other 9 months of the year are hideous enough. We are all different on here.

Quite right! You can get 17c on any day of the year. Those few precious weeks when you get long, sunny, hot days are just that, precious. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully a return to more comfortable and usable weather is now firmly on the cards,fingers crossed the rest of July pans out the same,so much better:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
20 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

How anyone can put the word "pleasant" in the same sentence as 32c is beyond me.:cc_confused:

dont you think a gentle breeze with temps of 32c would be pleasant?.. i do! sounds idylic.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm just down the road from Stainesbloke and have to agree, the high temperatures here have been great. For those who love heat, we've been very lucky here in the southeast. Even our cool days are in the low twenties :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, CK1981 said:

I'm just down the road from Stainesbloke and have to agree, the high temperatures here have been great. For those who love heat, we've been very lucky here in the southeast. Even our cool days are in the low twenties :)

Yes, there haven't been too many cool, cloudy days so far this summer here in the SE. Even the semi-permanent howling wind seems to have taken a break these last couple of weeks. Bit cooler here today but at 29C currently still very warm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, there haven't been too many cool, cloudy days so far this summer here in the SE. Even the semi-permanent howling wind seems to have taken a break these last couple of weeks. Bit cooler here today but at 29C currently still very warm. 

Whatever you do, SB, don't go back on the kidney beans?:D

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

29 has been perfect today :-)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Whatever you do, SB, don't go back on the kidney beans?:D

Is that what it was?! I thought going gluten free 2 years ago had stopped the wind but must remember to watch the kidney beans

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully a return to more comfortable and usable weather is now firmly on the cards,fingers crossed the rest of July pans out the same,so much better:)

Please don't wish any cool rubbish for here in the SE, am quite happy for you to 'enjoy' that up North but I don't want it down here until late October! 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Please don't wish any cool rubbish for here in the SE, am quite happy for you to 'enjoy' that up North but I don't want it down here until late October! 

I would never do that!! Was only referring to us up North! Hope you can enjoy the heat for as possible.....just as long as it stays down there!:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 hours ago, markyo said:

I would never do that!! Was only referring to us up North! Hope you can enjoy the heat for as possible.....just as long as it stays down there!:)

"us up north"? you mean yourself and a small number of people, most people prefer warm sunny days up here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

So which one is it..?

8QWY6aenTA6-nsr6i4g6-A.png

FWIW, 21C and sunny is very nice weather to me, so pretty pleased with that. In fact, I'd be happy if every day until October was like that! 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, cheese said:

So which one is it..?

8QWY6aenTA6-nsr6i4g6-A.png

FWIW, 21C and sunny is very nice weather to me, so pretty pleased with that. In fact, I'd be happy if every day until October was like that! 

21c and sunny is perfect,very happy with that!:)

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

"us up north"? you mean yourself and a small number of people, most people prefer warm sunny days up here.

Total difference between heat and warmth i'm afraid,warmth is enjoyable,like today,heat is not,just a uncomfortable pain.

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

21c and sunny is perfect,very happy with that!:)

Those are the exact conditions here currently and it's indeed very pleasant, as there's very little breeze. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Those are the exact conditions here currently and it's indeed very pleasant, as there's very little breeze. 

Don't mind this at all,really lovely conditions. Very envious of where your planning to move to,ok it'll be hot in summer but most importantly they have ruddy seasons to balance it out! Hope it goes ok.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

id be happy with that too, but because i live close to the sea and there's a moderate westerly wind it means it probably won't get above 16c even though its sunny, it only gets warm here if the winds got an easterly element to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Currently 17c here with sunshine and light winds and quite honestly its perfect, heading down to Bristol this afternoon where its forecast 22/23c which is a bit warm for me.

The series of boring summers continue, no thundery showers at all, just like i predicted a tedious humid nothingness with no temperature swings, it seems fresh summer weather is now almost impossible to achieve for longer than a day or two in southern britain now.

Don't check the model output anymore as they're useless beyond 3 to 5 days, if any lovely fresh weather is forecasted you can be sure it'll be downgraded and another tedious hot dry period appears, can someone private message me please when autumn is here, i cant be bothered to check anymore, thanks.

• Like 4

Posted

Totally agree! Boring humid uninteresting blandness.

Yet alot of people on this site seem to love it,which id bizarre,given its a weather enthusiasts site?!?

• Like 2