Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
25 minutes ago, knocker said:

Oh deary me, oh deary, deary me

gfs_z500a_natl_30.thumb.png.9844f06bac005e71f6c91aeff75a8ace.pnggfs_z500a_natl_31.thumb.png.3a6b4c90fd03d6505fab8ecb57c3db0e.png

Yes huge change , certainly no consistency from the American model...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Oh deary me, oh deary, deary me

gfs_z500a_natl_30.thumb.png.9844f06bac005e71f6c91aeff75a8ace.pnggfs_z500a_natl_31.thumb.png.3a6b4c90fd03d6505fab8ecb57c3db0e.png

Guess which one i'm dreaming of?.....shouldn't take long:)

Posted

Intriguing how the other thread redefines words when it suites. Objectivity and common sense now apparently equates to negativity and doom and gloom.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

Intriguing how the other thread redefines words when it suites. Objectivity and common sense now apparently equates to negativity and doom and gloom.

That thread is just full of heat lovers is all. Once this vile season and all associated with it is banished for another year, they'll go with it.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

That thread is just full of heat lovers is all. Once this vile season and all associated with it is banished for another year, they'll go with it.

You obviously haven't been around very long. If you think this is bad you have a treat in store when all their mates are let out for the winter and playtime really begins. It's Mystic Meg on steroids. I see the ecm is going for a cold plunge on Monday, max temps 13C in the north

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

GFS putting the icing onto a very foul tasting cake once again; not only will we see hot/humid muck from the continent once more, it looks like its going to hang around longer than before.

Roll on, Autumn. 59 days to go...

... until September 01st. Autumn may well bite back in August a la 2014 or summer may well linger on into September a la 2016.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

... until September 01st. Autumn may well bite back in August a la 2014 or summer may well linger on into September a la 2016.

True. But the sun is generally weaker then. Not to mention the encroaching nights.

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

You obviously haven't been around very long. If you think this is bad you have a treat in store when all their mates are let out for the winter and playtime really begins. It's Mystic Meg on steroids.

Since we haven't had a real winter for nearly 7 years now. I'm guessing they'll be pretty mute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I've made the mistake of visiting the model thread and this thread, forgetting why I rarely do. Now I have just reminded myself why I rarely do.

i know what you mean, but instead of moaning about it, why not post an inforamitve pov, i and others know you can and just ignore the waffle. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

We heat lovers only have three months to enjoy it.  You coldies have nine months of the worst the lousy British climate can throw at us to enjoy. Cold, ice, rain, wind (mostly all together). 

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

We heat lovers only have three months to enjoy it.  You coldies have nine months of the worst the lousy British climate can throw at us to enjoy. Cold, ice, rain, wind (mostly all together). 

coldies have less I'd say, in TMW, I always think there is more chance of summer warm, than winter cold, (south)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
55 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

coldies have less I'd say, in TMW, I always think there is more chance of summer warm, than winter cold, (south)

True, winter in the UK is usually this for us poor coldies:wallbash:

Posted
3 hours ago, Frosty. said:

True, winter in the UK is usually this for us poor coldies:wallbash:

Well hopefully we'll get a decent winter this year and you and I can actually agree on something :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
12 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Autumn begins at the equinox so make that 77 days, plus a further 31 days to allow for a possible 'summer bites back' scenario (Indian summer) should there be one

Edited by 40*C
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
14 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

GFS putting the icing onto a very foul tasting cake once again; not only will we see hot/humid muck from the continent once more, it looks like its going to hang around longer than before.

Always makes me smile to see you moaning in here, it means great summer weather is on the way! 

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 5

Posted

Some revision to the Meto extended forecasts soon? We're rapidly approaching the "dry, settled middle of the month", but nobody's told the models yet! Hoping for some big changes to start showing in the next few days.

Posted
6 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well hopefully we'll get a decent winter this year and you and I can actually agree on something :D

unlikely, although more chance for the north, days of winters gone, my Nan is 92, and she knows real winters, not crap of today and the 00's and 90's

Posted
56 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Some revision to the Meto extended forecasts soon? We're rapidly approaching the "dry, settled middle of the month", but nobody's told the models yet! Hoping for some big changes to start showing in the next few days.

Looking at the EC46 means update this morning there are indications of above average temps from around the 19th-28th as the azores becomes more influential albeit staying centred to the south west. Without access to the full suite it's difficult to see where it's going with this but I suspect one of the options is one I've briefly outlined already and that's some more WAA from the south in the late July early August period. But  I'm getting a bit Mystic Meggy here and that wont do. :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

It will probably be pushed back, and back and before you know it..it will be Autumn!:D

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

It will probably be pushed back, and back and before you know it..it will be Autumn!:D

Same in winter when HLB is promised, it will be pushed back until April

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Well that's it. Crap summer here in our part of Yorkshire. Drizzle today and clouds hogging the tops. Maybe a bit of warm sunshine mid week, then a swift return to those horrible cool westerly winds again. Most models seem to go along with this thought. Been here 4 months house only, sold up yesterday,so on the road again southwards to find the warmth and sunshine again ( Austria and East Sussex ) Feel bad about leaving the lovely northern folk and best beers and pubs in the land but the weather is truly awful. I could possible put up with it , mainly for the pies, beer and pubs but my wife hates it here, so back home to Austria soon.

C

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Well that's it. Crap summer here in our part of Yorkshire. Drizzle today and clouds hogging the tops. Maybe a bit of warm sunshine mid week, then a swift return to those horrible cool westerly winds again. Most models seem to go along with this thought. Been here 4 months house only, sold up yesterday,so on the road again southwards to find the warmth and sunshine again ( Austria and East Sussex ) Feel bad about leaving the lovely northern folk and best beers and pubs in the land but the weather is truly awful. I could possible put up with it , mainly for the pies, beer and pubs but my wife hates it here, so back home to Austria soon.

C

Cant fault you c , the climate round these parts is revolting.Looking at the 0z runs its really difficult not to get down , the Atlantic just will not give us a decent break, obv the folk down south will fare bettrr...

• Like 2

It's funny how different the seasons can be on such a small island. From my POV (based in London), this summer has been pretty darn good so far! Plenty of warmth and sunshine, with the odd heavy shower thrown in. Absolutely can't complain!

The models seem to be showing a continuation of dry, warm weather throughout this week, with the exception of Thursday where we could get some hefty showers. Yes, they show a breakdown by the end of the week, but how often have we seen the Azores high reassert itself quickly following a slight cooler period. 

I'm hoping this lovely summer is followed by a cold, snowy winter. Seasonal weather for all, I say!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
22 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Cant fault you c , the climate round these parts is revolting.Looking at the 0z runs its really difficult not to get down , the Atlantic just will not give us a decent break, obv the folk down south will fare bettrr...

22 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes Northwest snow it is. I love the north country but I now cannot suffer the wind and dullness any longer. The winters are usually crap and mild for the most part. I spent a few days down in East Sussex last week to find a house to rent whilst I am still in England, it felt like a different country, warm sunny and no winds ! So found a nice spot  there next to a pub with a lovely beer garden. That will do me. My wife , lucky enough still has a home in Austria and we will be back there after September. Will miss my regular pints of Tim Taylords bitter brewed in Keighley. The pub in Rushlake Green ( East Sussex ) serves Shepherds Neame without a head, will have to put up that !

• Like 1