Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:09, markyo said:

Really sorry to hear that,must be very difficult in the heat and the cold,my whining and moaning is trivial compared. Hope you are finding this weather more to your liking......the only thing i suffer from is Grumpy old man syndrome in regard to heat,nothing like yourself.

I have a build up of fluid in my lungs when I lie down which can suddenly wake me up gasping for air, made worse when temps are either too warm or cold. Docs say I can only manage my condition by keeping the bedroom at a certain temp & using oxygen when lay down, it's not curable. I have to be careful though because regular losses of oxygen while asleep can cause brain & nerve damage so it's important to use the oxygen. I lived with it for a couple of years but didn't bother doing anything about it, until it got progressively worse a couple of months ago .......woke up breathless and when I got up I collapsed couldn't feel my legs, really thought I were a gonner. The missus ordered the ambulance and they found out what was wrong in hospital. Fluid in my lungs & low oxygen. Anyway Cheers, I have to make the best of things. :good:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I have a build up of fluid in my lungs when I lie down which can suddenly wake me up gasping for air, made worse when temps are either too warm or cold. Docs say I can only manage my condition by keeping the bedroom at a certain temp & using oxygen when lay down, it's not curable. I have to be careful though because regular losses of oxygen while asleep can cause brain & nerve damage so it's important to use the oxygen. I lived with it for a couple of years but didn't bother doing anything about it, until it got progressively worse a couple of months ago .......woke up breathless and when I got up I collapsed couldn't feel my legs, really thought I were a gonner. The missus ordered the ambulance and they found out what was wrong in hospital. Fluid in my lungs & low oxygen. Anyway Cheers, I have to make the best of things. :good:

Sorry to hear of your condition FH , goes to show how little we know of each other on here .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Models once again perpetuating the notion that we cannot have high pressure without heat. I miss the days of average summers. Getting tired of these extremes (in both directions before anyone says).

Nothing hot showing for your area imho, unlikely to get much above 20C and generally maxing out at 17-19C. That's about average, isn't it? Meanwhile, for my area, chances of mid-high 20's. Win-win.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

That puts many of our little whines about the weather into perspective,hope your improving and the weather plays ball!! Many on here sit behind their keyboards and criticise a view with out understanding or knowing the reason for that view. Bit more tolerance may be needed? I include myself in that statement as well. Like the positive attitude,need more like it!:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Vile location again, was meant to be sunny, not even 1 sec of sun today

It is only just gone midday so plenty of time to achieve 1 second of sun yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
15 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Nothing hot showing for your area imho, unlikely to get much above 20C and generally maxing out at 17-19C. That's about average, isn't it? Meanwhile, for my area, chances of mid-high 20's. Win-win.

The GFS begs to differ. 24c on Thursday and 25c on friday for my neck of the woods. Take into account the typical undercook and that could be 27/28c repectively. Not forgetting the lovely 17/18c nights to go with it.

Its official: this country cannot have pleasant weather without heat. I truly wish the Azores would sod off.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

The GFS begs to differ. 24c on Thursday and 25c on friday for my neck of the woods. Take into account the typical undercook and that could be 27/28c repectively. Not forgetting the lovely 17/18c nights to go with it.

Its official: this country cannot have pleasant weather without heat. I truly wish the Azores would sod off.

Are all the models showing heat then? The Weather Channel has these temperatures for your town, with cool nights galore.

IMG_4445.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
58 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Are all the models showing heat then? The Weather Channel has these temperatures for your town, with cool nights galore.

IMG_4445.PNG

As of right now, no. GFS is the only one showing a chance of upper 20s. I am not chart savvy enough to translate the ECM, but its apparently cooler than the GFS's output. I'm hoping it'll scale back nearer the time, as I'd like sunny weather with more comfortable temps. Even I don't want it raining all the time.

Posted
14 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

As of right now, no. GFS is the only one showing a chance of upper 20s. I am not chart savvy enough to translate the ECM, but its apparently cooler than the GFS's output. I'm hoping it'll scale back nearer the time, as I'd like sunny weather with more comfortable temps. Even I don't want it raining all the time.

These details show raw ECM figures for your area Ice Man... good website overall, Norwegian met.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 14.57.27.png

Posted

GFS still intent on spoiling the pleasant weather we have today with another import of muck from the continent come Thursday. There's actually a 6c difference between the 0z and 6z for friday too. Wonder which is deemed more accurate.

Posted

Lovely summers day,why want more? Fingers crossed the unpleasant stuff from the continent stays away!:) Will just spoil what could be a great summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Lovely summers day,why want more? Fingers crossed the unpleasant stuff from the continent stays away!:) Will just spoil what could be a great summer!

bib ... i explained that earlier! :p

Posted

GFS showing 28c potential again. This summer really does seem hell bent on feeding us extremes, one way or the other. The Autumn can't come soon enough for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, markyo said:

mark, you are too far north, heat is expected south of the Midlands, could be a hot few days at Wimbledon

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

mark, you are too far north, heat is expected south of the Midlands, could be a hot few days at Wimbledon

GFS begs to differ. As I said above, take into account the undercook and it could well hit 27/28. Thats hot in my book. Especially with the rancid humidity and the lovely 18-20c nights.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

GFS begs to differ. As I said above, take into account the undercook and it could well hit 27/28. Thats hot in my book. Especially with the rancid humidity and the lovely 18-20c nights.

27-28C might just about be reached in the SE, let alone Lancashire which is generally considerably cooler. Did you sort out a mobile aircon unit? Or are they all sold out?

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

I must agree with you for once lol, today has been a gorgeous day here, clear skies, strong sunshine and light winds but never went above 24C. That would be nice for most of the summer, but I do like the heat and if there's a chance of some decent thundery activity with it, bring it on :)

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

27-28C might just about be reached in the SE, let alone Lancashire which is generally considerably cooler. Did you sort out a mobile aircon unit? Or are they all sold out?

Not in the budget at the moment lol. I had an "air cooler" once where you put an ice and cold water into it, but it was frankly pathetic in its effectiveness. Amazon at least lists portable air conditioners at £399 or so.

Considerably cooler? Well if thats the case, then you clearly know more than I do (no sarcasm intended!) I was going on the concensus that you add 3 degrees or so to the temps shown on the GFS charts. 24/25 would be 27/28. Good to know that I might be overestimating them.

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add

Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not in the budget at the moment lol. Well if thats the case, then you clearly know more than I do (no sarcasm intended!) I was going on the concensus that you add 3 degrees or so to the temps shown on the GFS charts. 24/25 would be 27/28. Good to know that I might be overestimating them.

GFS actually does underestimate max temps by a few degrees quite regularly. I've not seen any charts that suggest high 20's for Lancashire though, maybe 22C at a push. Much warmer south of the Midlands, though even that doesn't look like lasting more than 2-3 days anyway. Get saving for that aircon :) It'll be much more pleasant for you.

Posted

GFS putting the icing onto a very foul tasting cake once again; not only will we see hot/humid muck from the continent once more, it looks like its going to hang around longer than before.

Roll on, Autumn. 59 days to go...

• Like 2

Posted

Just hoping these models are going to be modified,looking very unpleasant indeed for next week if it comes off,fingers crossed it won't:)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

GFS putting the icing onto a very foul tasting cake once again; not only will we see hot/humid muck from the continent once more, it looks like its going to hang around longer than before.

Roll on, Autumn. 59 days to go...

Don't worry, GFS 06 was playing silly beggers as it often does, 12z run is much better.:D