Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

After weeks and weeks of sub zero temperatures in winter and now weeks and weeks of summer heat I'm counting myself lucky I'm in Slovakia.

Temperate interludes are okay... for about five minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Poland has a continental climate, we have an oceanic climate....it's not too hard to get your head around!

Also, weeks and weeks of sub-zero temperatures rapidly get tedious. Count yourself lucky it's so temperate here and long spells of extreme weather are rare! Plus that's what makes model and weather watching so exciting in the UK....what would be exciting about winter coming and knowing it'll snow?? We get all the fun of the chase here! :D

The fun would be knowing that northerlies and easterlies would actually deliver snow when they arrive i.e. knowing that it will snow, just not knowing exactly when. When they don't, it just leads to disappointment. Simples.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 hours ago, knocker said:

Moral of the story. Stay in Poland.

Moral of the story....don't go to Poland in the flipping Summer!!:D

Posted

edit:delete please

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
20 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

:nonono:

summer.jpg

All is not lost SL, there is a rumour that a couple of posters from way north of you, have spotted the chance that the south, may again see some heat building, great for them:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

I'm seeing the same thing. They're all slowly coming out of the woodwork. Why can't we have dry, sunny weather with average temperatures? Its either sunny and hot or cool and wet. Personally I'd like sunny and cool. Roll on autumn where I can actually get it.

• Like 2

I can't abide warm weather, and I was beginning to get that sinking feeling again when ECMwF was suggesting another spell of it. Thankfully, the ensembles weren't backing it, and the expected swing back to unsettled happened this morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely autumnal day today,loving it......pity its in June! Makes one hanker for those coming months even more!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
19 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I'm seeing the same thing. They're all slowly coming out of the woodwork. Why can't we have dry, sunny weather with average temperatures? Its either sunny and hot or cool and wet. Personally I'd like sunny and cool. Roll on autumn where I can actually get it.

Sunny and average is fine, I suspect most would be happy with that. Today isn't sunny or average though, so understandably a lot of people are not happy. And today here is soaking wet to boot, so feels ten times worse.

And to rub salt in the wounds - it looks like the weather won't improve for days, and maybe it won't improve at all in the mid-term. God, this is so depressing. I really need to go on holiday asap.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Sunny and average is fine, I suspect most would be happy with that. Today isn't sunny or average though, so understandably a lot of people are not happy. And today here is soaking wet to boot.

Similar day to what I had on 21st July '07, absolute shocker summer Saturday, Fri 20th not the best either

Today, I was luckily too far south for the rain, not bone dry, but not bad

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Similar day to what I had on 21st July '07, absolute shocker summer Saturday, Fri 20th not the best either

Today, I was luckily too far south for the rain, not bone dry, but not bad

Reminds me more of 25 June 2007, we had over 80mm that day and severe flooding. Thankfully no flooding today since it hasn't been wet until now and river levels are not high, but still vile and reminds me very much of that dreadful summer. I hope it isn't a precursor to what's to come.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 hour ago, snowwman said:

I'd take this over a heatwave hands down.

Trust Mark to 'like' this post!, Mark will be happy though, no summery weather for foreseeable future, especially oop norf

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

The main models have trended away from any decent warm up next week, with an unsettled and cool theme continuing. Sunny and average would be nice and most people would enjoy it, here average temps are low to mid 20's which is perfectly pleasant if not windy. Maybe July will see an improvement. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Trust Mark to 'like' this post!, Mark will be happy though, no summery weather for foreseeable future, especially oop norf

Oh yes...happy chappy:) oop norf

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
36 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh yes...happy chappy:) oop norf

Would love to see a well below average July temp wise, around 2c below normal but there's very little chance of that happening and much more chance of another warmer than average month.

Sunny and cool is my preference, but that combo is very difficult to find during the summer months apart from first thing on a morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Well I enjoyed today more than I thought............ hopefully more days like this to come until September so we can quickly shove Summer out the door:rofl: at least in September sunny warm days are usually followed by clear cool nights & the longer nights gives the home the chance to cool down better instead of having to wheel out the air conditioner, so I can take that. None of that nonsense Summer heat we had last week.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted

No way would I waste money on air conditioning in the UK. You'd only use it on a few days every year.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Well I enjoyed today more than I thought............ hopefully more days like this to come until September so we can quickly shove Summer out the door:rofl: at least in September sunny warm days are usually followed by clear cool nights & the longer nights gives the home the chance to cool down better instead of having to wheel out the air conditioner, so I can take that. None of that nonsense Summer heat we had last week.

Every penny well spent on aircon unit...life saver last week!!:) No way i could cope with out it now,just so much more comfortable. 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, cheese said:

No way would I waste money on air conditioning in the UK. You'd only use it on a few days every year.

Usually on from end of May till about mid September,perhaps change the you'd to i'd only use it? Be a bit more fair? Ok this week is a exception i agree,happy with that though,keeps the leccy bill down down and still cool to sleep,win all round!:)

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Usually on from end of May till about mid September,perhaps change the you'd to i'd only use it? Be a bit more fair? Ok this week is a exception i agree,happy with that though,keeps the leccy bill down down and still cool to sleep,win all round!:)

Air con is rather rare in the UK.. because most people don't need it. With average highs in most of England ranging from 20 to 23C in July and August, it's definitely not a wise investment.

Air con isn't even common on the continent, let alone here.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 hour ago, vizzy2004 said:

Would love to see a well below average July temp wise, around 2c below normal but there's very little chance of that happening and much more chance of another warmer than average month.

Sunny and cool is my preference, but that combo is very difficult to find during the summer months apart from first thing on a morning.

I wouldn't, I would like to see the impossible, Dec to feb 2° below average, but getting harder of course now in the modern eera