Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

People in the model thread who get excited about warmth in the SE yet they live 200 miles away. It's a bit like me getting giddy that Lerwick is getting snow but it's a sunny mild day down here. Pointless!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

People in the model thread who get excited about warmth in the SE yet they live 200 miles away. It's a bit like me getting giddy that Lerwick is getting snow but it's a sunny mild day down here. Pointless!

Agree, but I like the spirit, livens the thread up a bit, would rather have these posts, than doom and gloom from, skinners brewery beer

Posted
15 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Seems to me that they just like others to be happy. Nothing wrong with that. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The joy one feels casting ones gaze across these gloriously churning summer skies is only overtaken by the knowledge that everyone must be sleeping so soundly at night. The cool and howling breeze has given me the chance to wear another jumper and thus kindly protects my fair skin from those terrible UV rays and prevents any perspiration, the ultimate of evils. 19C at lunchtime, in late June, in London is slightly disappointing but it could be much worse, with all manner of tempests. We must be thankful that the day is usable and after a few tablets, quite serene. Praise Be.

IMG_4434.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Perfect getting out and about weather,huge improvement over last weekend,so much more this time round.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Perfect getting out and about weather,huge improvement over last weekend,so much more this time round.:)

id sooner have it hot, last week i was cooling off in my pool, having an evening bbq, sitting outside in my garden listening to swifts screeching overhead and enjoying the scents of my jasmine and lilies  whilst drinking red wine.... its got 3 other seasons to be cool! :p

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

id sooner have it hot, last week i was cooling off in my pool, having an evening bbq, sitting outside in my garden listening to swifts screeching overhead and enjoying the scents of my jasmine and lilies  whilst drinking red wine.... its got 3 other seasons to be cool! :p

Pool!!! Swifts!!,red wine,bbq.....ok i'll give you that one,sounds perfect. Hope you can enjoy a few more like it!.....or was the pool bit a little fib?:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
7 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

The joy one feels casting ones gaze across these gloriously churning summer skies is only overtaken by the knowledge that everyone must be sleeping so soundly at night. The cool and howling breeze has given me the chance to wear another jumper and thus kindly protects my fair skin from those terrible UV rays and prevents any perspiration, the ultimate of evils. 19C at lunchtime, in late June, in London is slightly disappointing but it could be much worse, with all manner of tempests. We must be thankful that the day is usable and after a few tablets, quite serene. Praise Be.

IMG_4434.JPG

Don't you think that looks rather beautiful though? The cloudscapes here have been stunning today.

Aside from that, it surprises me that you need to wear a jumper when it's 19C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
10 hours ago, Buzz said:

Seems to me that they just like others to be happy. Nothing wrong with that. :)

That might be more believable in the Summer because loads of people live in & around the London area. However they get giddy about snow for the sheep & farmers in the highlands of Scotland. Most of the UK populous don't live there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Relativistic said:

Don't you think that looks rather beautiful though? The cloudscapes here have been stunning today.

Aside from that, it surprises me that you need to wear a jumper when it's 19C.

My dear, late grandfather's key phrase was 'everything in moderation'. A wise saying indeed, as despite the beauty and bewildering array of grey shades in the endless cloud, one can have too much of a good thing.

19C felt quite chilly when the wind was howling and buffeting. It did warm up after lunch to the dizzy heights of 23C, phew! I took a risk and the jumper came off, I thankfully survived and did not succumb to hypothermia.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
On 6/24/2017 at 21:16, Frost HoIIow said:

I mentioned that a few days ago! Glad plenty of others agree with me. 

Anyway, I see a 15C high in the forecast - that is horrible! I might just cry.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, markyo said:

Pool!!! Swifts!!,red wine,bbq.....ok i'll give you that one,sounds perfect. Hope you can enjoy a few more like it!.....or was the pool bit a little fib?:)

cheers! no fib.... its only a 10ft pool but it does its job!

Posted
39 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

cheers! no fib.... its only a 10ft pool but it does its job!

You lucky sod!! Bet that was fantastic in the hot spell, i'm green with envy!!:)

Posted

Really lovely start to the new week,fresh,not cold though,blue sky,gentle breeze,what more could you ask for!

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, markyo said:

You lucky sod!! Bet that was fantastic in the hot spell, i'm green with envy!!:)

easy to get hold of, £50 odd quid, mines in its 11th season now. just get level ground, old carpet to lay it on (rots grass off so pref not lawn), cover when not in use..... actuall i cover mine from the sun, it keeps the water cool as it soon warms up and goes cloudy. you can get chemical packs to keep it clear, and filters, but tbh its easier to refresh the water.

it is wonderful to jump into when you get home all hot n sweaty.. its nice just to relax in the sun then cool off in the pool.... its also great at night, and youll sleep well after a long dip.

Posted
10 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

easy to get hold of, £50 odd quid, mines in its 11th season now. just get level ground, old carpet to lay it on (rots grass off so pref not lawn), cover when not in use..... actuall i cover mine from the sun, it keeps the water cool as it soon warms up and goes cloudy. you can get chemical packs to keep it clear, and filters, but tbh its easier to refresh the water.

it is wonderful to jump into when you get home all hot n sweaty.. its nice just to relax in the sun then cool off in the pool.... its also great at night, and youll sleep well after a long dip.

Sounds ideal,internet here  i come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Really lovely start to the new week,fresh,not cold though,blue sky,gentle breeze,what more could you ask for!

The same for the rest of the week.

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

The same for the rest of the week.

True,very unlikely though by the looks of it.

Posted

Just back from Poland, 28/29 degrees pretty much every day.

And upto 32 tomorrow, manchester will be about 15 and drizzle.

Of course they will get a cold winter as well.

Moral of the story, our climate is pathetic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
6 hours ago, 40*C said:

You know instantly the climate is crap when you log into a forum and see a moan thread but no excitement thread.  

You realise this is also a ramp thread? I love the climate in this country, and that's no word of a lie. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Moral of the story. Stay in Poland.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
8 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Sadly so. We've got one of the softest and most arduous climates I can think of. Not the worst by any means, but not ideal for weather enthusiasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Poland has a continental climate, we have an oceanic climate....it's not too hard to get your head around!

Also, weeks and weeks of sub-zero temperatures rapidly get tedious. Count yourself lucky it's so temperate here and long spells of extreme weather are rare! Plus that's what makes model and weather watching so exciting in the UK....what would be exciting about winter coming and knowing it'll snow?? We get all the fun of the chase here! :D

• Like 6