Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

well its true, many times in previous years id have loved a dry, fresh but warm day. but i see it as being robbed of a hot day as theres heat around.

Fully understand,i'm the same with cold weather. Sorry could have worded it better,not odd but interesting how we all differ,hope today has made up for it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Another glorious day here, hot & sunny, made the most of it knowing the change to more unsettled weather is on the way.

On another note I've just seen someone in the mod thread pretty much write off the rest of summer in terms of having another hot spell like we've just been experiencing in large parts of the county, I swear some people will never learn, I mean some were writing off the rest of June earlier this month when the long range models were showing no sign of summer weather returning & look at the hot spell many have been experiencing for nearly a week! No another hot spell isn't guaranteed but it's still very foolish to write off the chances when it's only the 21st of June. 

• Like 3

Posted

After several days (well, nights) of little sleep I am more than ready for a return to normality. 24c here over the weekend. Much better.

Edited by Spikey M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Thank god that heat has gone. Hopefully for the rest of the season! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, simshady said:

Thank god that heat has gone. Hopefully for the rest of the season! 

Sad to see it go. Have enjoyed it immensely, how summer should be. A 10C drop here and the howling wind is back, sigh. A good week of cooler weather to come, should please the heat haters. 

• Like 1

Posted

I'm more than happy for it to be dry, warm and very sunny, but the heat of the past few days has been a real pain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting
3 hours ago, Buzz said:

I'm more than happy for it to be dry, warm and very sunny, but the heat of the past few days has been a real pain.

Usually the case in this country. Its either 16c cloudy and breezy or 28c and sun. I enjoy cool in Summer as long as its the sunny variant of cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

back to normal... but at least we have had a little early heat which we have failed to do so often in other years.... im just happy with the stunning weather ive enjoyed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we have a cooler north westerly flow, which also means a good couple of days of flat grey skies, so in essence, though moaning about the heat will mona about how boring the weather is and those who like the heat will moan about the lack of heat.

So all in all, we will all be moaning which to be fair is the British way... :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Looks awful for the next 2 weeks

• Like 1

Posted

The pure joy today of coming out of a decom room showing 41.4c and dripping with moisture into a lovely 19c......heaven!!:) Who could want more!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Yes vile, summer gone for now, but sure it will be back, I'm a damn sight more optimistic about summery spells, than proper cold spells in winter

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
20 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes vile, summer gone for now, but sure it will be back, I'm a damn sight more optimistic about summery spells, than proper cold spells in winter

Wouldn't hold out your hopes to much,mother nature always seems to dash all our hopes in this country,hot or cold,she rarely if ever gives us to much of one thing these days. One persons vile though is another persons nice and enjoyable don't forget though(that can be reversed each way!). My vile has been this week,horrid,yours is opposite. Weather never pleases everybody!:D

Edited by markyo

Posted

Yes for allergy reasons, wet and cool affects my chest, can't say I enjoy 30°, but prefer it to cool and wet, my ideal is 25°, with not a drop of rain, between Jul and Sept

even without allergy problems, cannot see what there is to like about cool and wet? we get it all winter

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes for allergy reasons, wet and cool affects my chest, can't say I enjoy 30°, but prefer it to cool and wet, my ideal is 25°, with not a drop of rain, between Jul and Sept

Sorry to hear that. My ideal is about 24/25c also with low humidity. Anything over that is frankly pointless and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Posted

No pollen probs what so ever, in the 30° heat, and my flip flops got some use, and my shorts, Atlantic can bugger off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

The standard British climate - a week of tolerable weather will always be followed by a month of utter ordure.

• Like 2

Posted
45 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

No pollen probs what so ever, in the 30° heat, and my flip flops got some use, and my shorts, Atlantic can bugger off

Can't work in flip flops,health and safety issues!! Every site i've been to this week ,the same story. Horrid weather. Some of the nurses actually had to go home due to feeling faint due the heat in the decom rooms. 2 had to shut down,appointments had to be rearranged. It's like winter,the weather has a impact,extreme hot or cold,just the same.

Posted
5 minutes ago, pinkertonsurly said:

Fancy a little trip to the Cairngorms on Midsummer's Day?

Cairngorm 24th June.jpg

Packing now!

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

The standard British climate - a week of tolerable weather will always be followed by a month of utter ordure.

Depends on your take on tolerable! Hope you enjoyed it:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Going by model output at the moment, could be true. Fingers crossed for another warm spell soon. Very autumnal looking next week and beyond, total waste of high summer, I wish the autumnal weather would stay in autumn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
3 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

does it?... maybe up your end but its looking pretty normal, in any sun itll be nice, low humidity too in the fresher air.. as long as its not too wet and overcast it wont be too bad.

• Like 1