Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So  highs of around 17 by the end of this week and the weekend, what utter  rubbish temps for summer, roll on the next heatwave that's all I can say! Temps forecast to be 25c here tonight at 10pm and not dropping much over night, so nice being out in the garden late at night in shorts and it still feels very warm, sleeping not a problem with the fan blowing. 

Hoping we see some storms around these parts Wednesday night too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

not happy... its cool fresh and overcast here today.... BOOO!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

not happy... its cool fresh and overcast here today.... BOOO!

Sucks, doesn't it?

Heat returns tomorrow though! Over 30C in Derby I'd have thought.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Feels positively chilly at 20oC today. Would have felt warm in this before the hot spell in the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Sucks, doesn't it?

Heat returns tomorrow though! Over 30C in Derby I'd have thought.

Sucks for you. Solstice tomorrow and the countdown to winter begins! Shorter days, longer and darker nights and weaker sun; the cold lover's holy trinity :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Sucks for you. Solstice tomorrow and the countdown to winter begins! Shorter days, longer and darker nights and weaker sun; the cold lover's holy trinity :rofl:

As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger.

Same applies in summer, just in reverse - as the days get shorter, the heat gets stronger. 

Bring on 40C! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
8 minutes ago, cheese said:

As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger.

Same applies in summer, just in reverse - as the days get shorter, the heat gets stronger. 

Bring on 40C! 

How about no?

giphy.gif

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

According to Liverpool ATIS we made 26C, currently 25C with DP of 17C. Now overcast.

Happily sitting in just my shorts, no top.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Can't say nowadays winter is anything to look forward to, endless grey, Atlantic air and rain

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking much better from midweek ,avoided the hell and misery of another visit to London this week so a very happy chap,12c drop,lovely today,perfect couldn't ask for more. Long may it continue and fingers crossed it's the last we see this summer!:)

• Like 2

Posted

gutted this high wont sit just to our east for a week more or so, a light southerly draft would have brought with it all that heat and humidity... id have loved that... but we have 1 more day, if this grey muck clears.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I look at the bigger picture!:)

I'm going to respond to this post here since admin on this forum is ridiculously overzealous..

But I really don't get why Frosty gets so happy and excited by hot weather 200 miles away while he sits under grey skies all day. I actually find it very annoying, and I wouldn't expect someone in London to get excited or happy by the prospect of snow here in January while they get rain.

Tomorrow looks quite nice here though.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

There are too many IMBY moaners on netweather but I'm not one of them. I like to see other parts of the uk having exceptional weather even if my location doesn't.:)

I don't believe you at all. I think you try too hard to be positive and cheerful all the time. It's false.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
Just now, cheese said:

I don't believe you at all. I think you try too hard to be positive and cheerful all the time. It's false.

You can think what you like, I enjoy posting on netweather which is all that matters.

• Like 2

Posted

So if it rains all day in Wakefield and it's 15C, but in London it's sunny and 35C, you're going to tell me that you're happy about that?

Yeah..  that's like me saying I'd be happy with some stranger winning 1 million pounds while I lose everything I own. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

So if it rains all day in Wakefield and it's 15C, but in London it's sunny and 35C, you're going to tell me that you're happy about that?

Yeah..  that's like me saying I'd be happy with some stranger winning 1 million pounds while I lose everything I own. :rofl:

Of course it's possible, cheese:

I was in the NW Highlands and got nothing, when the bulk of England was knee-deep in snaw (February 1991)...Would I have liked a white-out too? Of course I bloody would! But, watching the TV coverage of a SE England blizzard was also pleasing...:D

As far as the weather goes, we are most certainly all in this together!:good:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Looking much better from midweek ,avoided the hell and misery of another visit to London this week so a very happy chap,12c drop,lovely today,perfect couldn't ask for more. Long may it continue and fingers crossed it's the last we see this summer!:)

Indeed - cooler conditions on the way, which look set to linger! Lovely stuff!

Edited by draztik
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

im not taking sides here, but i agree, im only interested in what im getting, its frustrating and annoying to see other people gewtting what i want.

many areas enjoyed heat today - i didnt, today was a lost day, it was bloody horrid.. (in comparison). im not bothered what other areas got - i got crap.

oopsie... quoted the wrong post, should have been cheeses post above this one quoted. :)

Edited by mushymanrob

Posted
2 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

im not taking sides here, but i agree, im only interested in what im getting, its frustrating and annoying to see other people gewtting what i want.

many areas enjoyed heat today - i didnt, today was a lost day, it was bloody horrid.. (in comparison). im not bothered what other areas got - i got crap.

oopsie... quoted the wrong post, should have been cheeses post above this one quoted. :)

It was still 26c or so here. I would have gladly traded temps with you. low 20s at best? Lucky sod.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
33 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Fresher here now, but being further west, it was hot here, 32° tomorrow, then down to average 18°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

Was in Derby yesterday,found it very pleasant,always find it odd how folk find weather so different.:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Was in Derby yesterday,found it very pleasant,always find it odd how folk find weather so different.:cc_confused:

well its true, many times in previous years id have loved a dry, fresh but warm day. but i see it as being robbed of a hot day as theres heat around.