Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Think many heat lovers on here are also cold and snow lovers in winter. 

You would be right. I am a lover of four seasons. Cold weather between April and October is not wanted!

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

True.

Three consecutive days of temperature of 29c now turned cloudy and a bit fresher as the breeze has picked up,not a huge fan of UK heat,but just like winter we have to deal,with whatever the British climate through at us.

C.S. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Going very dark here,even to the extent that the street lights have come on,don't think we will get a storm,but certainly has the feel of a storm.

C.S. 

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, I'm a lover of weather! Snow, storms, wind, sun, heat, ice, frosts, fog etc etc. They all have their own unique charms :good:

The only time I get like Mr Ice Man miserable is when we get completely bland and featureless weather, or 'no weather'. Thankfully on our little island of many variabilities it is quite rare to not have some interesting weather going on! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
3 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Yep, I'm a lover of weather! Snow, storms, wind, sun, heat, ice, frosts, fog etc etc. They all have their own unique charms :good:

The only time I get like Mr Ice Man miserable is when we get completely bland and featureless weather, or 'no weather'. Thankfully on our little island of many variabilities it is quite rare to not have some interesting weather going on! :D

Miserable is very subjective. I'm just sick and tired of feeling dizzy and uncomfortable. None of that crap with cooler weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol you wouldn't like Death Valley then :diablo:

Damn right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Miserable is very subjective. I'm just sick and tired of feeling dizzy and uncomfortable. None of that crap with cooler weather.

Get yourself a mobile air con unit. It'll change your life when it's hot, you'll sleep better.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
19 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

May I ask where you got it and for how much? Fans don't cut it in this filth.

Hello, sorry for the late reply, been at a relatives house most of the day. We got it from Homebase for 60 quid. You can get more expensive ones but this one does cool the bedroom down effectively. See the link http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/10l-evaporative-cooler-401705

• Like 2

Posted

Ice Man, you should keep an eye on the ECM ensembles.... showing much cooler conditions for the UK into days 5-15;  Youll see no mention of that on the mod thread, as it's unhelpful.... and certainly, the last update of the ecm monthly showed a cooler July, too. Next update is later this evening... will be interesting to see if the signal intensifies or wanes. 

temp anomaly, 850; days 6-10... with a more pronounced negative anomaly into days 10-15.

1.png

Edited by draztik

Posted
5 minutes ago, draztik said:

Ice Man, you should keep an eye on the ECM ensembles.... showing much cooler conditions for the UK into days 5-15;  Youll see no mention of that on the mod thread, as it's unhelpful.... and certainly, the last update of the ecm monthly showed a cooler July, too. Next update is later this evening... will be interesting to see if the signal intensifies or wanes. 

temp anomaly, 850; days 6-10... with a more pronounced negative anomaly into days 10-15.

1.png

Knocker referenced that chart a bit earlier. People call me and others miserable because we can't tolerate the heat as well as they can. I will happily take temps around 21/22c over rain any day week. You can't say thats unpleasant. People only seem happy with extremes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mind you, think I'm ready for cooler, playing tenpin in 40° heat, really like an oven in Tenpin!, still managed 551 series

Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Knocker referenced that chart a bit earlier. People call me and others miserable because we can't tolerate the heat as well as they can. I will happily take temps around 21/22c over rain any day week. You can't say thats unpleasant. People only seem happy with extremes.

Glad he did; you can usually rely on him to keep it real and moderated. 

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, 40*C said:

Can someone write a moan about how hot it is and how they cant sleep tonight due to the humidity. I really love reading them!. 8)

No doubt as much as I like to see some of you whining about the rain. Early June was peachy for that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, draztik said:

1.png

I seem to remember you being the harbinger of doom during the July 2013 heatwave. 

Posted

I do wonder if there is ever an optimal set of conditions - we all have our preferences, so never expect consensus. For me the current conditions are near enough perfect, but not quite, I'm happy with mid 20 maxima, once it gets above 28 degrees I do find it uncomfortable.. however, I also like picture perfect clear blue skies, which we don't quite have at the moment, the airstream and synoptics are not quite right for that, what we need is high pressure directly overhead, indeed northern blocking usually does the trick, but that usually then means no wind making it feel more uncomfortable but compensated by lower humidity and very dry air, cooler nights can occur.. We're never happy..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The models have gone into Atlantic overdrive, quelle surprise. Expect a northwards movement of lows with time as I'm not sure what FI is showing is really indicative of ENSO neutral conditions. I would think a more general westerly flow will ensue after this hot spell burns itself out. 

Posted
36 minutes ago, cheese said:

I seem to remember you being the harbinger of doom during the July 2013 heatwave. 

I merely highlight what the models show... good to see you're still living in that hot bubble; let's hope it doesn't burst. 

• Like 1

Posted

tumblr_m9802a4bLk1qbdffto2_250.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
18 minutes ago, MP-R said:

The models have gone into Atlantic overdrive, quelle surprise. Expect a northwards movement of lows with time as I'm not sure what FI is showing is really indicative of ENSO neutral conditions. I would think a more general westerly flow will ensue after this hot spell burns itself out. 

I though ENSO neutral has passed and we were in EL NINO stage?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
7 hours ago, 40*C said:

I though ENSO neutral has passed and we were in EL NINO stage?

Don't think so but we may be.

Posted

Another reason why this excess heat is becoming somewhat of an abomination. It seems Royal Ascot may have to relax their dress code and if, as seems likely, temps get above 30C over the next couple of days, gentlemen will be allowed to remove their jackets. The quicker a return to cooler (relatively) temps the better so that standards don't continue to slip.