Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

What a awful start to the working week weather wise,20c at 7am,house like a oven. Horrid.

23C here at 7am. Feels like Spain, love it :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It's just far to hot to do physical work in, I was out walling and felling a few trees in the fields on Saturday and it was not pleasant one bit. I have opted to have a relaxing day around the house today!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Could have sat under the trees for shade - much better use :)

I opted for the cattle trough after clearing the Alge..

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

It's just far to hot to do physical work in, I was out walling and felling a few trees in the fields on Saturday and it was not pleasant one bit. I have opted to have a relaxing day around the house today!

Get out and enjoy the warm dry weather for a couple of days as from mid week, for what looks like a couple of weeks, things look very unsettled and cooler.

Posted
9 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Get out and enjoy the warm dry weather for a couple of days as from mid week, for what looks like a couple of weeks, things look very unsettled and cooler.

That's why I have taken the day off as it's the only way I can enjoy it with all my work being outdoors. The cooler weather can not come soon enough for me! Nothing wrong with heat it's just unbearable to work in. Even the Sheep struggle to keep cool under the walls.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes Polar im off out gardening,customers for some reason don't water in the 6 days im not there in these conditions,so always a bit nervous on arrival,i find these conditions very difficult,but as many have said each to their own.On a brighter note,3 pub gardens to do today,hanging baskets ect....pretty waitresses,shaded seating areas and of course will have to replace liquid sweated out during the morning [lime and soda and ice lol],although cooling beer tempting,always the chance you wont want to leave lol,enjoy your day off.

• Like 1

Posted

Cool and unsettled from the weekend onwards is going to be sooooo pants.

Loving this at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This very much fits the category of unnecessary heat! A lot of drained, grouchy people out there at the moment, myself included. Counting down the days until the cool and unsettled freshness returns.

• Like 3

Posted

And many more people out enjoying it and being very grateful for it. You know it isn't going to last forever in this country. It's just lovely to be able to get out and about at any time of the day or evening and know that you won't need a jacket and that there's no prospect of getting cold.

Very unusual in this country given the number of days that are at least jumper weather (90% of the year?). We get so many cool unsettled days and yet people moan about the few hot days we get.

The British countryside (I was in Shropshire this weekend) looks truly stunning with the crystal clear blue sky we've had over the past couple of days- it doesn't quite look the same when its cloudy. This is a wonderful time of year with the green of the trees and fields still so vibrant. It loses that slightly in July.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

This very much fits the category of unnecessary heat! A lot of drained, grouchy people out there at the moment, myself included. Counting down the days until the cool and unsettled freshness returns.

You need to get yourself to St Albans, everyone is very cheery here. 

I including most is making the most of this terrific weather. 

Feeling a bit hot for a few days is worth every second living in this awful climate.

Makes such a change 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
14 hours ago, Eugene said:

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

well clearly thats not the case as many are loving it! me included!....

• Like 4

Posted

i dont struggle to work in this heat...i just get on with it... prefer this to rain..

• Like 1

Posted

yesterday evening highlighted for me the difference between early and late heat.

sitting outside watching/listening to the swifts playing overhead whilst smelling the scents of the fresh flowering lilies. wonderful, and not something you can do with late heat.

Posted
7 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

i dont struggle to work in this heat...i just get on with it... prefer this to rain..

All depends on what type of work, I have just mown the lawn no problem but out in the open fields walling today is a no go for me. Heatstroke is awfull and not worth my risk. Years ago I would be out throwing hay bales about thank goodness for modern farm machinery!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
18 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

And many more people out enjoying it and being very grateful for it. You know it isn't going to last forever in this country. It's just lovely to be able to get out and about at any time of the day or evening and know that you won't need a jacket and that there's no prospect of getting cold.

Very unusual in this country given the number of days that are at least jumper weather (90% of the year?). We get so many cool unsettled days and yet people moan about the few hot days we get.

The British countryside (I was in Shropshire this weekend) looks truly stunning with the crystal clear blue sky we've had over the past couple of days- it doesn't quite look the same when its cloudy. This is a wonderful time of year with the green of the trees and fields still so vibrant. It loses that slightly in July.

Thank **** for that :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
17 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

All depends on what type of work, I have just mown the lawn no problem but out in the open fields walling today is a no go for me. Heatstroke is awfull and not worth my risk. Years ago I would be out throwing hay bales about thank goodness for modern farm machinery!

Or like me is it just age catching up with you, lol. :D

Posted

This has without a doubt been the most horrid hot spell for me as Ive been bedridden for 4 days with the flu during it! Its currently 29C inside and 27C with a 20C dewpoint outside.

Thank goodness for the cooler day here tomorrow.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Thats the difference between living in Manchester and the south east.

In shorts down here from April till in recent years November,  jumper days arent that numerous these days down here either. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
19 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Thats the difference between living in Manchester and the south east.

In shorts down here from April till in recent years November,  jumper days arent that numerous these days down here either. :)

I think that's just dependent on the individual. I see people wearing shorts when I'm wearing shirts and trousers. 

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, cheese said:

I think that's just dependent on the individual. I see people wearing shorts when I'm wearing shirts and trousers. 

Very true I often see people dressed for severe winter when I am in shorts, it was more in a reply to Scorchers its so cold and dank in Manchester that you need to wear jumpers for 320 days of the year.

Also I agree very much with his last sentence about the countryside in June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The usual whingers are out in force I see. It feels very hot here today (31C currently but only 40% humidity so could be much worse), but everyone seems quite happy. Cooler and fresher later this week won't be the end of the world IF it can stay mostly sunny and not windy. Otherwise, absolutely no thanks.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The usual whingers are out in force I see. It feels very hot here today (31C currently but only 40% humidity so could be much worse), but everyone seems quite happy. Cooler and fresher later this week won't be the end of the world IF it can stay mostly sunny and not windy. Otherwise, absolutely no thanks.

Bit early to say how unsettled it may get....but if it's anything like the 6z GFS we will see a return to summer wind and gales!

Rtavn2281.gif

Yuck! No thanks!

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Bit early to say how unsettled it may get....but if it's anything like the 6z GFS we will see a return to summer wind and gales!

Rtavn2281.gif

Yuck! No thanks!

Oh great. People are describing this warmth and sunshine as filth but that chart is vile filth of the worst kind at this time of the year. Plus we've had a nasty Atlantic storm already in June, do we need another one? Hopefully July and August will be red hot like 1995.

• Like 5