Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 minutes ago, Peejayem said:

I realise that...it's the 50,000th time you'very mentioned it

That's why it's called the Model moan etc thread! Some of us hate this weather,some love it. We all have a opinion.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I used to hate summer with a passion. 41C in my room during the 2003 hot spell was enough!

It took a few years but this year is the 5th summer with A/C. Add on solar panels and all these heatwaves really help lower (and sometimes eliminate) the electric consumption!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I used to hate summer with a passion. 41C in my room during the 2003 hot spell was enough!

It took a few years but this year is the 5th summer with A/C. Add on solar panels and all these heatwaves really help lower (and sometimes eliminate) the electric consumption!

Air con is the gift that just keeps giving,walking into a lovely cool bedroom is certainly one of the joy's of life,especially during the current weather:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

part of the beauty of heat, is keeping cool or cooling off.... just like in winter people who like cold like dressing up warm...

its not a real summer without at least 1 hot spell, it brings out the scents of the summer flowers, its a joy to sit outside having a drink on a summers evening listening to the swifts screaming overhead.

• Like 2

Posted

Doncaster hits 30oC, seriously what's going on there. Is this some new unheard of tropical paradise? How do they get so warm in comparison to the rest of the country except London pretty much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Doncaster hits 30oC, seriously what's going on there. Is this some new unheard of tropical paradise? How do they get so warm in comparison to the rest of the country except London pretty much?

Well, there's a SW wind so that tends to favour higher temperatures in Yorkshire. My PWS is 29C.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

part of the beauty of heat, is keeping cool or cooling off.... just like in winter people who like cold like dressing up warm...

its not a real summer without at least 1 hot spell, it brings out the scents of the summer flowers, its a joy to sit outside having a drink on a summers evening listening to the swifts screaming overhead.

I agree,the cooling off is by far the best bit. Problem is it's much harder to cool down than to heat up apart from full immersion in cold water!. You can regulate your temp at lower figures much more easily ie heating on,extra layers etc but when we start nudging the temps we have now for many it proves hard to become comfortable,especially for sleeping. As for the scent of flowers....sorry forget it,my hay fever is a pain,suffered by a lot,drugs don't really help either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
41 minutes ago, markyo said:

I agree,the cooling off is by far the best bit. Problem is it's much harder to cool down than to heat up apart from full immersion in cold water!. You can regulate your temp at lower figures much more easily ie heating on,extra layers etc but when we start nudging the temps we have now for many it proves hard to become comfortable,especially for sleeping. As for the scent of flowers....sorry forget it,my hay fever is a pain,suffered by a lot,drugs don't really help either. 

Allergies only affect me when it rains, especially the cooler it is, fine when warm/hot and dry, between Jul and Sept

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Roll on Autumn. Just 84 days to go. Since we can't have nice weather without heat, a repeat of 2007/2012 will do nicely.

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Allergies only affect me when it rains, especially the cooler it is, fine when warm/hot and dry, between Jul and Sept

Not hay fever then. Your lucky!

4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Roll on Autumn. Just 84 days to go. Since we can't have nice weather without heat, a repeat of 2007/2012 will do nicely.

Totally agree. It's horrible weatherwise in London right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Whoops. Meant to say 74 lol Even better! I have no idea what the temperature here even in since their isn't a weather station close enough to give accurate data. I feel dizzy and tired nonetheless. None of that guff in the winter. We better get a damn cold one to offset this weather.

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add.

Posted
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

30C today! So hot and great! :drunk:

How you can even put those 2 adjectives in the same sentence is beyond me.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

flowers dont give you hayfever, they had heavy sticky pollen that bees use to pollinate with, hayfever comes from wind bourne grass/tree pollen.

Posted
11 minutes ago, cheese said:

30C today! So hot and great! :drunk:

patchy cloud has robbed us of our first 30c.. falling short at 29c.

hot = great, i agree and yah boo sucks to the moaning minnies!

Posted
5 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

patchy cloud has robbed us of our first 30c.. falling short at 29c.

hot = great, i agree and yah boo sucks to the moaning minnies!

Only 29? Poor you.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Not hay fever then. Your lucky!

Not lucky Mark! wet and cool is common in summer, affects my chest, not sure if it's called hayfever, but it's pollen

Posted
50 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

flowers dont give you hayfever, they had heavy sticky pollen that bees use to pollinate with, hayfever comes from wind bourne grass/tree pollen.

Sorry,my mistake,not sure why i always find garden centres seem to trigger of my hay fever then. Must be just me.

Posted

Cooling off by the second half of the week relief.

Baling the first round of hay tomorrow so it can rain by Thursday.

Rukm1201.gif

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not lucky Mark! wet and cool is common in summer, affects my chest, not sure if it's called hayfever, but it's pollen

Sorry to hear that. Hope this summer is more to your liking!

Posted
54 minutes ago, markyo said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope this summer is more to your liking!

will be if it's dry and warm/hot

Posted
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

will be if it's dry and warm/hot

Dry, yes. Hot, hell no.

20/21 is enough for me. Still above average, but COMFORTABLE. 16/17c nights can go and hang.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

21C is average for July here. I'd be okay with an average summer, but every year I hope for a 1995 repeat. We'll get there one day.