Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Only thing I'm annoyed about is Tuesday and Wednesday - the winds turn NE which of course means NE low cloud for here while other areas continue to enjoy warm sunshine. Always the worst, and I swear it's increased in frequency in recent years.

Yes, I've mentioned Tuesday a few times on here, certainly looks cloudy, and could fail to reach 20° away from the South

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes, I've mentioned Tuesday a few times on here, certainly looks cloudy, and could fail to reach 20° away from the South

It's pointless and makes me very angry indeed.

But today, Sunday, Monday will be enjoyed, and hopefully Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week.

Edited by cheese

Posted
2 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Shows how damn bias this site is; the number of posts of mine that have been removed from the output threads for falling out of context, yet there's not much moaning from you sunworshippers is there? Goinf to remove their posts, mods?

I cannot wait until the winter comes and the sun doesn't show itself for weeks. I will gloat the living daylights out of the heat lovers akin to what captain shockwave did earlier to us.

Our time will come again....

giphy.gif

Jokes on you I love both heat and cold

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Only thing I'm annoyed about is Tuesday and Wednesday - the winds turn NE which of course means NE low cloud for here while other areas continue to enjoy warm sunshine. Always the worst, and I swear it's increased in frequency in recent years.

And its a proven fact that our summers down here have been dominated by bloody SW winds and little sea breeze or easterlies in recent years, therefore causing crappy humid muggy summers which are not the summers I grew up in and not enjoyable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
32 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Jokes on you I love both heat and cold

I await the post from you bemoaning another mild winter then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Well ECM is out and the official apocalypse is next Thursday. Hope all you heat lovers enjoy yourselves whilst people in the Iberia neck of the woods are suffering unbearable heat to give you what you like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well ECM is out and the official apocalypse is next Thursday. Hope all you heat lovers enjoy yourselves whilst people in the Iberia neck of the woods are suffering unbearable heat to give you what you like.

Burn, my pretties.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Burn, my pretties.

Says it all...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Oh Lord, were you in Dynasty or Dallas? Melodrama award goes to...! Many of us love this weather. And you live in west Lancashire?! Hardly heatwave central, is it?

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Oh Lord, were you in Dynasty or Dallas? Melodrama award goes to...! Many of us love this weather. And you live in west Lancashire?! Hardly heatwave central, is it?

Its all relative.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Its all relative.

It is, true. Not sure you'd cope living here then! Do you have air conditioning? A mobile unit is very effective in a closed room and not overly expensive to run.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Poor North Sea ihabitants suffer endless cloud and vitamin D deficiency to give you what you like.

Posted
32 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Poor North Sea ihabitants suffer endless cloud and vitamin D deficiency to give you what you like.

Ever hear of suppliments?

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It is, true. Not sure you'd cope living here then! Do you have air conditioning? A mobile unit is very effective in a closed room and not overly expensive to run.

If I lived down south I would have gone mad years ago.

Only an electric fan. I tried an air cooler one year; water tank emptied very quickly and was very ineffective. We all feel the temperatures differently. I was out shopping this afternoon and saw people in winter coats whilst others were in t-shirts and shorts. I always feel warm anyway so I don't feel uncomfortable in the winter. In summer though you can add about 3 degrees to what it actually is. Though living in Skem its hard to know what that is without your own thermometer. All the weather stations the sites use are nowhere near here.

Take netweather; 21 feels like 24 yesterday. Yet it was about 17. Today is claims it was 22 but must have been 25 at some point easily. Maybe even 26.

Some more examples of today for my location:

BBC: 22

Metoffice: 22

MSN weather: 21

Yahoo weather: 21

Accuweather: 23

Weather channel: 26

Weather underground: 25

Can't even get current conditions right. For someone who's brain works on a binary system, its maddening.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

If I lived down south I would have gone mad years ago.

Only an electric fan. I tried an air cooler one year; water tank emptied very quickly and was very ineffective. We all feel the temperatures differently. I was out shopping this afternoon and saw people in winter coats whilst others were in t-shirts and shorts. I always feel warm anyway so I don't feel uncomfortable in the winter. In summer though you can add about 3 degrees to what it actually is. Though living in Skem its hard to know what that is without your own thermometer. All the weather stations the sites use are nowhere near here.

Take netweather; 21 feels like 24 yesterday. Yet it was about 17. Today is claims it was 22 but must have been 25 at some point easily. Maybe even 26.

Some more examples of today for my location:

BBC: 22

Metoffice: 22

MSN weather: 21

Yahoo weather: 21

Accuweather: 23

Weather channel: 26

Weather underground: 25

Can't even get current conditions right. For someone who's brain works on a binary system, its maddening.

I can sympathise with the wildly varying temperature forecasts for a particular location, must be very annoying. 

I lived with a mate in the baking summer of 2006, he bought a mobile aircon unit for about £120. He kept it in his large bedroom, kept the window and curtains closed and his room was freezing! Worked a treat, though obviously the rest of the house was roasting (my attic bedroom was 35C at 11pm many times).

57 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Haha touché! :D

I appreciate this is the moaning thread, but @Ice Man 85 seems to imply we should feel somewhat responsible for enjoying a bit of summer heat! I get that you don't like the heat Mr. Ice, but try not to sound like a bitter old fart :p 

I'll send a card down to the residents in Iberia as soon as possible.....well after tomorrow's BBQ anyway ;) 

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted
18 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Haha touché! :D

I appreciate this is the moaning thread, but @Ice Man 85 seems to imply we should feel somewhat responsible for enjoying a bit of summer heat! I get that you don't like the heat Mr. Ice, but try not to sound like a bitter old fart :p 

I'll send a card down to the residents in Iberia as soon as possible.....well after tomorrow's BBQ anyway ;) 

Those that are still conscious might enjoy that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thanks to this heat i'm now living with a very unhappy old feline. Her only spot is curled up in front of the air con unit now! Really,really not looking forward to going down sarf this week,it's going to be horrendous. 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

This thread is funny :D

Iceman you do realise the AVERAGE maximum temperature in Seville is 36c during high summer? Madrid is 32c. Ok, things have been pretty warm there recently, but heatwaves and temperatures higher than these averages are a yearly occurrence! I suggest you emigrate to Torshavn in the Faroe Islands or somewhere where it is permanently cool year round! :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
14 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I know. My heart goes out to them. Summer is a vile season. Good for nothing but retirees and chavs with nothing better to do than sunbathe from dawn until dusk.

.... and idiots making sweeping statements apparently!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
12 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

yes i am enjoying myself very much.

whether i enjopy the heat or not has no bareing to those living in iberia, they will still get the heat (which of course is not unusual for them).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

It's everybody to their own with regard to heat,we are all different. For me i hate it,can't get my head around why folk enjoy it. Makes working ten times harder,sleep is broken and to top it off my old moggy is rite grumpy!!

• Like 3

Posted
39 minutes ago, markyo said:

It's everybody to their own with regard to heat,we are all different. For me i hate it,can't get my head around why folk enjoy it. Makes working ten times harder,sleep is broken and to top it off my old moggy is rite grumpy!!

I realise that...it's the 50,000th time you'very mentioned it

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting

Chapel bathed in sunshine and warmth. More than fine by me! :hi: