Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
29 minutes ago, cheese said:

Why is this SizzlingHeat creature always rambling on about breakdowns? Why can't people just enjoy nice weather while it's here instead of being doom merchants all the time? 

It's very strange, this poster has been banging on about breakdown this, breakdown that....I'll be the first to moan if the weather goes bad but it's looking good for a good 4 days, possibly more. Like you say, just enjoy it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hope to get google chrome back, Microsoft Edge is crap! doesn't seem to let me post, done it today! latest upto date one

fax72s.gif?2

stainsbloke posted the 120 hour chart, you posted the 72 hour chart - both are 12Z.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It's very strange, this poster has been banging on about breakdown this, breakdown that....I'll be the first to moan if the weather goes bad but it's looking good for a good 4 days, possibly more. Like you say, just enjoy it!

I think he's worried about his BBQ on Saturday turning into a washout. :)

Its the cloud within the HP thats annoying me somewhat, met office showing a fair bit of overcast weather again tomorrow and Thursday. Anyway hopefully see more of the sun from now on, think the east could still get up to 28/29c on Saturday before any cloud cover moves in from the west. London looking rather hot and humid.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Troughs forming here, there and everywhere as if it's the end of August in FI (which starts this weekend methinks). I think after Friday, each day is going to be a bit of a nowcast.

Posted

Looks like here it'll turn into what Michael Fish used to call a typical british summer, two fine days then a thunderstorm.  Today lovely.....

Posted

What are the time scales of the thunderstorms on Saturday currently from the models? Some are trying to keep it at bay, while others are bringing it in early? I just need it dry until 8pm on Saturday haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Something much nicer on the cards after Sunday,fresher with cooler nights. Lovely. To hot to comfortably work today,ok if not but alas the crust has to been earn't. Makes the day so much more knackering when it's like this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
24 minutes ago, markyo said:

Something much nicer on the cards after Sunday,fresher with cooler nights. Lovely. To hot to comfortably work today,ok if not but alas the crust has to been earn't. Makes the day so much more knackering when it's like this.

Might not be for long if UKMO is heading in the right direction if that low to the west stalls expect further very warm conditions to return

UKMOPEU12_144_1.thumb.png.c624c7e095ffde38847d3d488dd4251e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
21 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Might not be for long if UKMO is heading in the right direction if that low to the west stalls expect further very warm conditions to return

Bliss...

Its absolutely stifling here. I don't know how you heat lovers sleep at night (and I mean that literally).

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Thanks for that! Really cheered me up..Not

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some really poor forecasting this weekend for my area. Was shown to be very warm to hot, with chances of thunderstorms and sunny spells each day. In reality, Saturday was ruined by a near gale, it was generally cloudy and rained most of Sunday afternoon, missed the storms last night and today is a dreary crap fest of gloom and bits of drizzle. The small positive was the lovely rain overnight but what a load of rubbish otherwise, vile!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
On 2017-5-25 at 19:56, Ice Man 85 said:

Bliss...

Its absolutely stifling here. I don't know how you heat lovers sleep at night (and I mean that literally).

Easy, I leave my fan running on sleep timer, made sleeping in the recent hot & humid spell no problem at all & I hope the summer months ahead have plenty of hot & humid spells to come, that's what I would call bliss, also hoping for more awesome thunderstorms like we had the other day. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Positively vile model output at the moment. Hopefully it will change to something better over the next few days. Certainly wouldn't be the first time. If certain names begin to disappear then we can be fairly confident of better things to come! 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Smartie said:

Easy, I leave my fan running on sleep timer, made sleeping in the recent hot & humid spell no problem at all & I hope the summer months ahead have plenty of hot & humid spells to come, that's what I would call bliss, also hoping for more awesome thunderstorms like we had the other day. 

Bliss to yourself is another person sleepless night!! Worst time of the year by far when the hot and humid muck makes a visit. So tiring it really makes work hard.

• Like 3

Sick to death of this high humidity, you would think looking at the weather today as its damp and overcast it wouldn't be too bad but no its the most unpleasantly humid day of this spell, this island has to have the most unpleasant warmth of any country on such a high latitude, dry heat is miles more comfortable.

The fresher weather can't come soon enough.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Eugene said:

Sick to death of this high humidity, you would think looking at the weather today as its damp and overcast it wouldn't be too bad but no its the most unpleasantly humid day of this spell, this island has to have the most unpleasant warmth of any country on such a high latitude, dry heat is miles more comfortable.

The fresher weather can't come soon enough.

Been on the booze a little early today Eugene. :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
13 hours ago, Smartie said:

Then you must have a fan with the strength of a wind tunnel. Why don't you crank up your heating and sweat to your heart's content? Some of us find 18c nights absolute hell.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, cheese said:

Been on the booze a little early today Eugene. :drunk:

I'm tea total and I agree with him. When we get warmer weather, its always laced with humidity that adds a good 3-4 degrees to what it actually is. Its that same humidity that lingers at night and makes it unbearable.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I'm tea total and I agree with him. When we get warmer weather, its always laced with humidity that adds a good 3-4 degrees to what it actually is. Its that same humidity that lingers at night and makes it unbearable.

This is false, and has been proven false countless times in the past. Just because you think it's true doesn't actually make it true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Stop assuming you know what other people perceive Cheese: how can you say that someone else's perception of heat is *not* affected by humidity?! What a strange statement. Read this and go back to sleep. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4042662/

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

This is false, and has been proven false countless times in the past. Just because you think it's true doesn't actually make it true.

Humidity gives a higher apparent temp than the actual temp is. Every body feels the temperature differently,one persons very hot is another's nicely warm and one persons freezing cold is another's shorts weather. It's all in the perceived feeling of that temp that is the point. There is not a specific temp that becomes hot rather than warm,same in reverse in winter. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Woollymummy said:

Stop assuming you know what other people perceive Cheese: how can you say that someone else's perception of heat is *not* affected by humidity?! What a strange statement. Read this and go back to sleep. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4042662/

cheese gets upset by posts on here! his problem, infact quite laughable 

• Like 1