Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
1 hour ago, Summer 1976 said:

The latest ECM charts remind me of 2007:help: 

Wasn't Western Europe battered by storms and floods last June? We were lucky enough they narrowly missed the UK ending up in france, Storms like this don't normally attack Western Europe for a second summer running hopefully. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
22 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Ummm very interestingly Gavin P's best analogue for this Summer is 1957's which had a very good first half followed by a poor second half, a summer of two halves, i think this summer will be similar but the halves could be reversed. :) 

That's jolly nice, but I don't want to read that in the model thread. To add to that, if you could refrain from posting your one liners in there, regarding your preference to cool weather , that'd be good, ta!

We all know that you're biased towards cooler weather if anything warm shows up on the charts, but that doesn't belong in the model thread.

• Like 2

Posted

The sheer amount of northern blocking showing atm, if absolute proof that god hates Britain! :D

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, cyclonic happiness said:

The sheer amount of northern blocking showing atm, if absolute proof that god hates Britain! :D

Alternatively it shows the seasons as we knew them dont really exist anymore, a disgusting climate for anyone wanting cold weather in winter and or warmth in summer.

• Like 5

Posted

Now Summer is over and we're deep into Autumn, what are everyone's thoughts regarding this Winter?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Now Summer is over and we're deep into Autumn, what are everyone's thoughts regarding this Winter?

Summer starts late Jul, to early 0ct! hoping summer not arrived yet, Winter 2000+ though starts never

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Very welcome rain this week,long may it continue!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

hello...

is anyone else getting a bit concerned about the suggestion of building heights over greenland?

after a rather dry winter and spring, i was kinda hoping we are on course for a warm/hot dry summer . its been 11 years now since i lost much (grass cutting) work here in derby due to drought. this 11 years is the longest period in my 44 years of work without a dry warm/hot summer so imho we are long overdue (ok the southeast has had quite a few drier warmer summers - but im talking more nationwide). i was hoping this year will be the one... but now we are having a very familiar synoptic pattern emerging with high pressure building to our north/greenland, low pressure over the azores (as per noaa anomaly charts) suggesting a 07, 08, 12 type start to summer might be emerging. and, as we know, once a greenland high is established by early june, its hard to shift and would likely lead to a poor, cool, wet summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit early to be worrying about summer, isn't it? So the next 10 days or so aren't looking particularly pleasant, fair enough, but Spring by and large has been decent with plenty of sunshine and above average temperatures with much less rain than normal, continuing on from a dry winter. It had to change at some point...hopefully won't last too long.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

hello...

is anyone else getting a bit concerned about the suggestion of building heights over greenland?

after a rather dry winter and spring, i was kinda hoping we are on course for a warm/hot dry summer . its been 11 years now since i lost much (grass cutting) work here in derby due to drought. this 11 years is the longest period in my 44 years of work without a dry warm/hot summer so imho we are long overdue (ok the southeast has had quite a few drier warmer summers - but im talking more nationwide). i was hoping this year will be the one... but now we are having a very familiar synoptic pattern emerging with high pressure building to our north/greenland, low pressure over the azores (as per noaa anomaly charts) suggesting a 07, 08, 12 type start to summer might be emerging. and, as we know, once a greenland high is established by early june, its hard to shift and would likely lead to a poor, cool, wet summer.

We had 2013,14 as very good summers. Looking through the history quite a lot good summers come in 2's since the 70's. 75, 76, 83, 84, 95, 96, 13, 14.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

I wouldn't be surprised to see another 2013.  A cool May and June and then a sudden July heatwave.  Which were the worst summers for heat lovers in the last 20years?  I remember 2012 being poor.  Anything worse than that in recent times?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

The most recent poor summer was last year. By the 2nd week of July it was looking like a total write off, not a single 25C in sight until that sudden one hot day. Things then improved for the SE and a most parts had a decent August  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
6 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Poor, cool wet summer though, is what to expect away from the SE? the norm really

No, cool wet summers are not the norm away from the SE. 

5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Bit early to be worrying about summer, isn't it? So the next 10 days or so aren't looking particularly pleasant, fair enough, but Spring by and large has been decent with plenty of sunshine and above average temperatures with much less rain than normal, continuing on from a dry winter. It had to change at some point...hopefully won't last too long.

Indeed. Much too early. 

37 minutes ago, 40*C said:

The most recent poor summer was last year. By the 2nd week of July it was looking like a total write off, not a single 25C in sight until that sudden one hot day. Things then improved for the SE and a most parts had a decent August  

Down here in the south midlands it was a very humid summer almost throughout, the countryside was more overgrown than ever, this summer could beat even last summers high humidity/growth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Horribly humid now,not a nice start to the week at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
6 hours ago, Summer 1976 said:

We had 2013,14 as very good summers. Looking through the history quite a lot good summers come in 2's since the 70's. 75, 76, 83, 84, 95, 96, 13, 14.

see, i disagree about 13,14... 13 was patchy, right in the middle of the heatwave we had an overcast weekend which was very cool. 14 was an ordinary summer... these summers were localised, and for me they meant nothing much in relation to other summers including 90/91.

cutting grass for a living is my gauge, in a dry (which usually means warm/sunny/hot ) i lose work because the grass has browned off. thats why i said we are overdue for a dry summer as ive not lost much work since 2006, before that it was 2003, two hot dry summers that didnt come in '2's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
12 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

see, i disagree about 13,14... 13 was patchy, right in the middle of the heatwave we had an overcast weekend which was very cool. 14 was an ordinary summer... these summers were localised, and for me they meant nothing much in relation to other summers including 90/91.

cutting grass for a living is my gauge, in a dry (which usually means warm/sunny/hot ) i lose work because the grass has browned off. thats why i said we are overdue for a dry summer as ive not lost much work since 2006, before that it was 2003, two hot dry summers that didnt come in '2's.

depends on location...i would put 89 and 90 on the list and remove 2014..which wasn't anything special in fact August was pretty poor cool and wet..also i don't rate 1996 either which to me was a pretty average summer

Posted

Some of the most depressing charts I've ever seen. We seem to have been stuck in this permanent autumn for about 3 years now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Some of the most depressing charts I've ever seen. We seem to have been stuck in this permanent autumn for about 3 years now.

I don't know what it's been like in your part of the country but from my perspective this is patent nonsense.