Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the outlook,Cold windy etc,long may it continue....only joking,even us cave men do need a bit of warmth from time to time:) But seriously it's not looking good for May if warmth is your thing,feel sorry for the folk who yearn for it,the wait will have to go on.

• Like 1

Posted

Here in the east for May/June we need SW/S/SE. In July/August E would be good aswell. The forecast for the first 10 days of May swings from SE quickly to a E to a NE so it's not good for warm and sunny conditions. I'm sure we'll get a pattern change for the second third of May hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 hours ago, SizzlingHeat said:

Just had a look at the charts for the first time in about 4 weeks. Worse charts I think I've ever seen for may. Utterly attrocious. Not impressed whatsoever. Never get these charts during the winter but the moment summer begins to show it's hand, gob smacking charts. Horrific. Cold, cloudy and windy. Brilliant. It really has reinforced my decision to emigrate later this year. Cant deal with this crappy climate anymore. Goodbye UK, it's been emotional (and cold and miserable)

That is a bit of an overreaction, considering the conditions being shown have yet to even materialise, and may not at all.

I always get the impression that a lot of people on here don't really know what they're talking about.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I seriously hope this northern blocking comes off, unusually cool for the time of year. I do however suspect that it will be downgraded.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
33 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

I seriously hope this northern blocking comes off, unusually cool for the time of year. I do however suspect that it will be downgraded.

Hope it is downgraded! as my location will not see snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
42 minutes ago, knocker said:

I've noticed that recently Winter Knee-Jerk Syndrome seems to be cropping  up more frequently in summer. I blame global warming.

May I ask exactly what it is you mean by "Winter Knee-Jerk Syndrome"?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

May I ask exactly what it is you mean by "Winter Knee-Jerk Syndrome"?

Reacting too quickly to every model run, normally the 6 hour gfs, but can default to the ecm, particularly day ten if the output is 'favourable'. It is also rather susceptible to wild swings, particularly of the Arctic variety, in Fi and has been known to cause mass hysteria, Fortunately the summer strain seems to be a much milder variant.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Some may well see some snow if some of these charts verify even in the south, I mean it can snow in May, October and November in the UK quite easily particularly in the north. Might be some decent skiing conditions in Scotland by mid month.

Anyway, chins up only 7 months left to go to the start of Winter proper!:D

204-574UK.gif

216-574UK.gif

228-574UK.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Anyway, chins up only 7 months left to go to the start of Winter proper!:D

Ehm, this is more like winter proper than most of winter proper has been the last couple of years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Ehm, this is more like winter proper than most of winter proper has been the last couple of years.

Well thats true, at least things should start to warm up a bit though come December, so only another 7 months to go. :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
55 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Sitting outside on the east coast of N. Ireland ATM, where I can't see a cloud in the sky and the temperature is 20C. Tomorrow more of the same, followed by the same on Wednesday. So, far from winter here. Practically high summer for these parts. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything under4 deg. In winter and anything over 20deg in the summer!

You really couldn't make it up! Here we are in May and we get the perfect winter synoptics. High level blocking, a deep low over the med and an easterly. If this was january this site would be buzzing with snow coming in for many. Instead here we are in May and its all waisted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
20 minutes ago, Tuxedo said:

You really couldn't make it up! Here we are in May and we get the perfect winter synoptics. High level blocking, a deep low over the med and an easterly. If this was january this site would be buzzing with snow coming in for many. Instead here we are in May and its all waisted.

how our weather works, setup virtually impossible Dec to Feb due to raging jet, strong PV over greenie, by mid march pv weakens allowing HLB, northerlies and easterlies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

how our weather works, setup virtually impossible Dec to Feb due to raging jet, strong PV over greenie, by mid march pv weakens allowing HLB, northerlies and easterlies

look on the bright side..28c here on Friday...low to mid 20s and wall to wall sunshine for at least a week...:bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I'll have a moan too. Today has struggled up to the dizzy highs of 11c, with a biting winds and leaden skies. This is by far my least favourite type of weather throughout the year! Just feels miserable. I'd take zonal westerlies over this muck any day. Going forward doesn't look great either, looks like half of May is going to be gone down the pan as completely forgettable.

• Like 1

Posted

Been warm and sunny out of the wind last few day,today now got cloudier.

A massive Greenland high blocking the atlantic well and truly out.

The dry scene carries on,that welcome rain came on a typical bank holiday lol.

http://wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1681.html

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Certainly enjoying the cooler temps at the moment. Nothing above 17c for the past couple of weeks and a bit of a chilly wind.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 03/05/2017 at 16:22, mb018538 said:

I'll have a moan too. Today has struggled up to the dizzy highs of 11c, with a biting winds and leaden skies. This is by far my least favourite type of weather throughout the year! Just feels miserable. I'd take zonal westerlies over this muck any day. Going forward doesn't look great either, looks like half of May is going to be gone down the pan as completely forgettable.

Yep, totally agree. Utterly depressing crap that often seems to appear at this time of the year. If all this leaden cloud was actually producing something (rain, lightning, hail, snow etc) it wouldn't be quite so mind numbingly tedious but what's the point of dry gloom?

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

A lovely sunny day here, though feeling a tad nippy in that gusty easterly wind.

• Like 1

Posted

A really lovely week here so far- it's been a bit breezy but being on the west side of the country it feels pretty warm as long as you're in the sun.

The sky has been crystal clear blue for most of the week- that breeze really does help to keep the haze and dust out of the sky. Really stunning to look out at with the lush green leaves everywhere now.

Not all that cold in the morning either with the breeze stopping temperatures dropping too much overnight.

It's actually been really dry here for some time and this E/NE wind is very drying- everywhere is bone dry. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few moorland fires to the east of Manchester in the next few days with the dry spell continuing. With a prolonged east/NE wind it tends to happen. I can't see any rain falling here until next Wednesday at the earliest.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes there's been some good days although the hint is for cooler weather. Annoyingly if these charts occurred in winter you could have closed this thread down for a couple of weeks. GFS hinting the pattern for the first part of the month maybe going into a reset mode. Why oh why not winter.

Posted

How many others on the eastern side are enjoying the cold persistent wind, even on days when the sun shines?

I hasten to add I am not one enjoying at all.

Not often I come in here to moan but I am really fed up of the cold wind.

Posted
1 hour ago, johnholmes said:

How many others on the eastern side are enjoying the cold persistent wind, even on days when the sun shines?

I hasten to add I am not one enjoying at all.

Not often I come in here to moan but I am really fed up of the cold wind.

Wednesday - Friday I didn't mind because of the sunshine but now with the cloud its more noticeable. One thing I noted was just how quick that easterly evaporated any water.

Posted

First dull drizzly morning here too for a while ,very cool in the breeze at  8c. Growth is very slow because of this coolness and ground vrery dry .Overnight minimum temperatures of about 3c  this past week have also kept a lid on growth but sunny afternoons have compensated a bit.  Cattle still getting silage at grass.