Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
11 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Temps in S Spain, Portugal and The Canaries are v warm for this time of year. I never bought into the cold Spring scenario for UK.

Yes 28C in Zaragoza tomorrow (where a friend of mine lives). That's warmer than when I last visited in early September 2015.

That won't prevent cold weather here though. If winds turn southerly well get a nice waft of that, maybe a spell like March 2005. If winds turn northerly, we will be cold and I wouldn't be surprised to see some early storms breaking out over Spain if the cold winds go that far south.

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

I don't see what temperatures got to do with it. It's the pressure patterns that determine what airmass you have and the circumstances that lead to those pressure patterns. not the temperatures.

I wasnt really talking about airmass. You can get high temps from LP as well as HP.

This time last year we were on Fuerteventura. Beautiful blue skies all week but temps in shade never got above 20c. Next few days 27/28c dropping to 23c.

I reck we'll see an early warm up in Europe. Some of it will come our way by end of month/early April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Summer 2015 here had a warm but windy June, an average July and a cool August. Every month had below average sunshine.

Summer 2016 started with a shocking June (cloudiest on record with less than 50% of average sun), July was fairly normal but cloudy, and August was warm with close to average sunshine. September made up for the total lack of summer in June.

20/21c here in April happens most years, so would not be a sign of a warm spring.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

This is a rant thread so here it goes,

What an absolute joke the MOD thread has become lately, we are still at a stage where wintry weather is still very possible yet the same people who were moaning about anticyclonic weather are now celebrating a dreadful cloudfest HP cell with absolutely no interesting diurnal temperature ranges at all, vile model output currently with no interesting weather at all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
17 minutes ago, cheese said:

When Eugene is unhappy, I'm happy. 

Eugene is always unhappy? :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking forward to a cool spring followed by a average summer,bit of warmth,bit of rain,bit of everything..Please lord no awful heatwaves,those Spanish plumes are by far the most vile weather to hit our Island,the most uncomfortable to be getting home to after a day's work . One or two days yes,that's bearable but after that nope just makes life crap i'm afraid......Never have and never will understand why folk bang on about them,at least in the winter months one can get a good nights sleep!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looking forward to a cool spring followed by a average summer,bit of warmth,bit of rain,bit of everything..Please lord no awful heatwaves,those Spanish plumes are by far the most vile weather to hit our Island,the most uncomfortable to be getting home to after a day's work . One or two days yes,that's bearable but after that nope just makes life crap i'm afraid......Never have and never will understand why folk bang on about them,at least in the winter months one can get a good nights sleep!

If you have A/C they are great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Even without they're great. Bring on 35C highs, 23C lows and NO rain AT ALL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Even without they're great. Bring on 35C highs, 23C lows and NO rain AT ALL!

I dont mind 35c during the day its the sticky nights that follow are the issue...if you got A/C problem solved everyones a winner

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
38 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Oh i do have Air con....its the paying for the blinking running of it gives me the sleepless nights!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

If we do get any of those Spanish plumes, ill have to sleep in the car to get a decent nights kip!

I can cope with days up to mid 20s but beyond that it just gets too damned humid. Don't mind the thunderstorms though, can't beat a really good air clearing, clattering, flashy thunderstorm!

• Like 1

Posted
On 9 March 2017 at 11:37, Bristle boy said:

I wasnt really talking about airmass. You can get high temps from LP as well as HP.

Yes but that is still due the airmass accompanying the system. You can get lows that bring frigid airmasses  eg mid December 2010 and lows that bring tropical airmasses eg August 2004. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I hope we get some absolutely corking plumes this year! LaieA_030.gif

So do I, only if they are like 80's-90's plumes though that gave a good 3-5 days of clear heat followed by proper thunderstorms. None of this modern wet fart attempt at a plume where the jet is screaming over us at a million miles per hour and the 'heat' lasts about 2 hours lol.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 23:16, stainesbloke said:

I don't remember much about summer 2015 apart from the cold wind for most of June, despite quite a few nice sunny days. July and August must have been fairly inoffensive but weren't they rather cloudy?

June 2015 is a month i'd like to forget , it belongs in the paper shredder along with June 2007, 2012 and June 2016

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:19, markyo said:

Buy a fan. Its like complaining in mid-winter that its too cold at night but you don't want to switch on the heating 

Posted
2 hours ago, 40*C said:

Buy a fan. Its like complaining in mid-winter that its too cold at night but you don't want to switch on the heating 

I never have my heating on ever at night in the winter,waste of money. Fans don't help.they just move hot air around. When has it ever been so cold you can't sleep??

Posted
4 hours ago, markyo said:

I never have my heating on ever at night in the winter,waste of money. Fans don't help.they just move hot air around. When has it ever been so cold you can't sleep??

I was too cold a few times in late October before we turned the heating on in November.

Have you tried putting a block of ice cubes in front of a fan, or having a cool shower, before going to bed? Both have worked for me but I have nothing like your intolerance for warmth let alone heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
On 10/03/2017 at 17:37, cheese said:

When Eugene is unhappy, I'm happy. 

I wouldn't get too carried away by his posts - I remember commenting on the windy/breezy spring/summer of 2015 thinking how unusual it was but he didn't think so, low and behold a few months later the MetO confirmed it was the windiest year since 1995.

Posted
16 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I was too cold a few times in late October before we turned the heating on in November.

Have you tried putting a block of ice cubes in front of a fan, or having a cool shower, before going to bed? Both have worked for me but I have nothing like your intolerance for warmth let alone heat.

I've tried the cold shower bit,but not the block of ice cubes,thanks i'll try it! Live on a main road so can't really keep the windows open,gets a tad sauna like shall we say in hot weather,hence my dislike!

Posted
22 minutes ago, markyo said:

I've tried the cold shower bit,but not the block of ice cubes,thanks i'll try it! Live on a main road so can't really keep the windows open,gets a tad sauna like shall we say in hot weather,hence my dislike!

Give it a try. Or anything cold to be honest. Indeed fanning around warm air doesn't do anything.

Posted

I thought last summer was very good here in London/SE apart from June very overcast the summer as a whole was terrible for storms, September was very much an extension to summer. Essentially cancelling out that poor June. I recorded 35C on the 13th that is spectacular heat for so late. We've had a string of good Summers again this may not be true for some folk in the country, when was the last bad one.. Before 2012?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I thought last summer was very good here in London/SE apart from June very overcast the summer as a whole was terrible for storms, September was very much an extension to summer. Essentially cancelling out that poor June. I recorded 35C on the 13th that is spectacular heat for so late. We've had a string of good Summers again this may not be true for some folk in the country, when was the last bad one.. Before 2012?

2012 was the last bad summer here. August was the only decent month.

Edited by cheese