Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tuesdays and Wednesdays here, then broken down on Thursdays, here no true hot spell last 2 summers, 2013 July last time

It's been pretty dire here as well for the past couple of years, April normally delivers some warm dry sunshine but once you get towards the end of may the Atlantic rolls in and our traditional summer rain appears until september

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Maybe we should have a winter tweet thread... would save all this nonsense every time a tweet is put in here.. ban tweets being posted in here and keep them to a specific thread, then anybody that wants to get involved in tweets can do so at there own will...

It would also save a lot of nonsense if you didn't post things like that in the model discussion thread. 

I have never seen so much rubbish in that thread as I have done today. I struggled to find a handful of genuine model discussion posts in three or four pages. What does it take to get the message in to peoples heads?

Posted

I see that the "potential" may now be shifting to late February, in real terms that probably means a toppler at best which is no better than offerings from recent winters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It would also save a lot of nonsense if you didn't post things like that in the model discussion thread. 

I have never seen so much rubbish in that thread as I have done today. I struggled to find a handful of genuine model discussion posts in three or four pages. What does it take to get the message in to peoples heads?

Have you quoted all of them having a dig or have you just decided to have a pop at me?? i agree the thread is painful to be in most of the time and is full of non model post, just wonder why you have jumped on my post and not any from the more senior well respected members...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I think today has been so frustrating for all. However today has been absolute carnage in the thread and trying to syphen out the good and informative posts. from someone who is still learning it  has been exauasting in itself . The worst days for posts in the thread since I joined and by a country mile too. 

Edit - more snow I wasn't particularly bothered by your post at all . What I mean is the knee jerk reactions also the emergence of some trolling by some. I think we all know who those couple of people are.

Edited by Mark wheeler

2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I think today has been so frustrating for all. However today has been a isolate carnage in the thread and trying to syphen out the good and informative posts. from someone who is still learning it  has been exauasting in itself . The worst days for posts in the thread since I joined and by a country mile too.

Agree with you totally.. terribly hard to learn from anything written in there today, but rather peeved that my post out of hundreds was the one to get jumped on.. plenty of more senior and well respected members have been at it today but out of all of them im the one getting dug out..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Anon90 said:

I see that the "potential" may now be shifting to late February, in real terms that probably means a toppler at best which is no better than offerings from recent winters.

Potential can be very elusive...It usually appears at T+384, sometime in late Autumn; from then on, it's usually somewhere between day 5 and day 12. It's rather like tomorrow, in that it never comes?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Have you quoted all of them having a dig or have you just decided to have a pop at me?? i agree the thread is painful to be in most of the time and is full of non model post, just wonder why you have jumped on my post and not any from the more senior well respected members...

Trust me, the report button was used many many times! I now have my index and middle finger taped up to a splint.

I'm just pointing out, that I don't particularly want to read about you wanting to ban tweets, in the mod thread. It should be discussed with a mod, or asked about in the site suggestions thread.

I personally don't have an issue with tweets being shown, if they are relative to the thread. The thing I can't understand is, why do people have to hit the quote, then reply button and start an irrelevant topic? All they need to do, is hit the "MultiQuote" + sign next to quote - it will store it in a cache, and then go to a relevant thread and use the "Quote 1 post" button to paste the quote in to the edit box? In the words of Jezza Clarkson, how hard can it be?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Trust me, the report button was used many many times! I now have my index and middle finger taped up to a splint.

I'm just pointing out, that I don't particularly want to read about you wanting to ban tweets, in the mod thread. It should be discussed with a mod, or asked about in the site suggestions thread.

I personally don't have an issue with tweets being shown, if they are relative to the thread. The thing I can't understand is, why do people have to hit the quote, then reply button and start an irrelevant topic? All they need to do, is hit the "MultiQuote" + sign next to quote - it will store it in a cache, and then go to a relevant thread and use the "Quote 1 post" button to paste the quote in to the edit box? In the words of Jezza Clarkson, how hard can it be?

Very hard if you dont know how to do something like that.. we are not all blessed with computer know how etc.. i simply said ban tweets in the model thread would save you me and others the trouble of dealing with the nonsense they cause... surly if we have a thread especially for tweets and tweet chat that would be better for us all, i simply do not know how or where to post to get my point across.. no need to have a go at me about it.. and the advice you offered is welcome but the sarcasim is not..

And also did you quote each and every post you reported or do you only feel fit to have a go at newer members as i dont see you digging out Nick S or anybody else of his standing...

Edited by Guest

Posted

So it looks like this 'cold spell' is being eroded with it becoming less cold as early as Sunday as opposed to next week!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, Don said:

So it looks like this 'cold spell' is being eroded with it becoming less cold as early as Sunday as opposed to next week!

Yep, more like a cool snap lol. All sounds a bit boring, might see a snow grain if I'm lucky. Hopefully at least there'll be some crisp winter sunshine to enjoy. Signs of a Greenland high  in FI but a way away so best ignored for now.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, more like a cool snap lol. All sounds a bit boring, might see a snow grain if I'm lucky. Hopefully at least there'll be some crisp winter sunshine to enjoy. Signs of a Greenland high  in FI but a way away so best ignored for now.

To be honest I've given up on this winter now!  Hopefully we'll get some better winters during the next few years as we approach solar minimum.

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Don said:

Indeed. A watered down, mostly dry, short cold snap. I'm sure ECM Day 10 will be "full of potential" in another couple of runs....

Bah. At this point I'd rather just get on with Spring! This has been a tedious winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Don said:

To be honest I've given up on this winter now!  Hopefully we'll get some better winters during the next few years as we approach solar minimum.

Understandable, it's that time of year where thoughts of spring and a bit of warmth are beginning to surface. Still a good few weeks of winter and possible cold and snow to go though, anything possible. Very frustrating winter for snow lovers, always just out of reach. I've enjoyed most of this winter personally but am too looking forward to spring.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Understandable, it's that time of year where thoughts of spring and a bit of warmth are beginning to surface. Still a good few weeks of winter and possible cold and snow to go though, anything possible. Very frustrating winter for snow lovers, always just out of reach. I've enjoyed most of this winter personally but am too looking forward to spring.

I feel this winter has been better than the last three with a greater incidence of frosts.  However, it's been a rather 'close but no cigar' winter in my view and although background signals now look more favourable, I feel any real cold and snow prospects will probably continue just out of reach.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

so have I but still want snow! may see some Fri and Sat, but please no more frost and rain, if rain is on the way, nothing worse than a frosty -3 morning, might as well be 12°

I love the snow, nothing would make me happier but it just feels like another one of those winters and time is ticking. Mar13 was not great for my neck of the woods so I've had it!  Hope for better next winter!

Posted

There was a queen wasp fresh out of hibernation buzzing around my kitchen today, that's it, winter is over!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

There still a chance of something but that would probably come at time when things are more marginal and most people are already over it ala February 2005.

Edited by Anon90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

I'm never going to believe weather models past 5 days ever again. ( not sure how many times I've said this!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still early Spring showing, 10° light winds from Tuesday, could feel like proper Spring if any sun

h850t850eu.png

Posted
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

There was a queen wasp fresh out of hibernation buzzing around my kitchen today, that's it, winter is over!

Queen wasp fell out of roof hatch when I opened it. Now got a squashed queen wasp. Seem to be quite a lot have secreted themselves about the place. Have to keep an eye out for nests next summer. 

Posted

Deary deary me half the forum chasing this Easterly since Nov miss after miss then land it on Feb to be water-down and be forecasted rain on Sunday, west is best greenie high that is dont want to hear about another scandi high again from the deluded east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Really hoping the forecasted cool to cold March buggers off soon, nothing worse than looking forward to switching the heating off and mild mornings, only to be confronted with a fourth month of faux-winter.

Sod's law it'll be bloody freezing all month... 

• Like 2

Posted
51 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

I'm never going to believe weather models past 5 days ever again. ( not sure how many times I've said this!)

I came to that conclusion a few years ago and said so in here. I got derided for suggesting it. Too many variables in weather-related factors across the globe. Data models cant handle it all at times.

Add in the UK pos to the Atlantic and gulf stream and there you have it.

• Like 2