Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks quite exciting to me, will probably go pear shaped as it so often does living in NW Europe but we may strike lucky this time. No point getting all upset at small details at this stage, the overall trend is pretty encouraging if cold and snow are your thing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
42 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

image.jpg:yahoo:

How did you get that forecast early it still shows yesterday's on the site I go too ?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Matthew Wilson said:

If nothing else at least it's exciting. Much more so than flat zonal westerlies set in for the month anyway.

Yes, at least it makes this website exciting, although forum off for maybe hour tomorrow, I'm usually on 7-7.45, at least I know

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
6 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

How did you get that forecast early it still shows yesterday's on the site I go too ?.

Yes where can I view that forecast?:shok:

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes sods law, the downtime timed for when I view the forum, guessed 7-8am, before I saw post

Me too will be on my way to work . It will be a case of tapping refresh continuously.

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Me took we'll be on my way to work . It will be a case of tapping refresh continuously.

although the way 18Z is going, may be nothing exciting, picking toys up maybe, mine too, as Monday looks a wet one, but dry Sun night and Mon night

• Like 2

Posted

How many times does this happen . Met office jump on the week ahead forecast and then the models jump off the idea the very next run.

hopefully an outlier and the easterly returns tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Have the wheels come off yet? :ninja:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Have the wheels come off yet? :ninja:

Not sure yet, FH. But the ball-joints are a wee bit iffy!:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well that's the end of that then :rofl:

Just can't get excited by all this. It just screams close but no cigar again. I noticed Blue saying the same thing earlier this evening and I can understand where he's coming from. Been at this for a long time and all my instincts are that its another fail. surface cold into England but no depth and little or any snow I reckon. In fact, pretty much like last time.

• Like 1

Posted

I've thought/said this before but at this point I really am on the brink of calling it day at this point if not already, even if something does develop later in the month it'll be a tame affair which isn't worth getting excited about.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Anon90 said:

I've thought/said this before but at this point I really am on the brink of calling it day at this point if not already, even if something does develop later in the month it'll be a tame affair which isn't worth getting excited about.

Agreed.Dont even know why i allow myself to be suckered in, time after time, i dont care what people say its getting harder and harder to get meaningful cold and snow into this country to the point were snow is almost extinct and any we do get is gone in a few hours.

Tbh its fast reaching the point were its no fun anymore when i reach that point i'll find a different hobby..hats off to those still chasing..:)

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes its become a bit of a joke really, 18z very poor, more downgrades tomorrow I wonder? In fact its as bad as it can get now, so surely the only way is up.

All eyes on the 00z then. :rolleyes:

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its become a bit of a joke really, 18z very poor, more downgrades tomorrow I wonder? In fact its as bad as it can get now, so surely the only way is up.

All eyes on the 00z then. :rolleyes:

Nope, once the wheels begin to fall off blink your eyes and its raging south westers all the way, that is reliable!

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Agreed.Dont even know why i allow myself to be suckered in, time after time, i dont care what people say its getting harder and harder to get meaningful cold and snow into this country to the point were snow is almost extinct and any we do get is gone in a few hours.

Tbh its fast reaching the point were its no fun anymore when i reach that point i'll find a different hobby..hats off to those still chasing..:)

Yup, never even uttered a word to my family about it this time yet that doesn't appear to have made any difference   :(

Edited by Anon90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

The models are so confused it has confused the Two weather 16 day forecast! Which Saturday is right?

IMG_1274.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

image.jpg:yahoo:

Bbc website

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Happy to stick my neck out now and say this projected cold spell will slowly dissipate over the next few days,there is going to be a lot of disappointed folk,me included. Temps will drop but nothing of interest i'm afraid. If you yearn for proper cold the UK is NOT the place to be,way to much scope for model modification as the timescale comes nearer,we are a island surrounded by warm water which scuppers us continually.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Happy to stick my neck out now and say this projected cold spell will slowly dissipate over the next few days,there is going to be a lot of disappointed folk,me included. Temps will drop but nothing of interest i'm afraid. If you yearn for proper cold the UK is NOT the place to be,way to much scope for model modification as the timescale comes nearer,we are a island surrounded by warm water which scuppers us continually.

'too' much

See my previous post.

• Like 1