Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
23 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

can someone post the chart/charts that produced this? 

I'm guessing this might have been the culprit. image.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Worrying ECM really, sure of next named storm coming along in next few days, still FI but hopefully this won't happen, can see flood warnings issued by meto sometime in early Feb

ECM1-144.GIF?29-0

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
On 1/27/2017 at 17:51, Snipper said:

Think the younger ones in here could not cope with a really cold winter. 

Most are too soft. Central heating, double glazing, insulation and a soft life. 

Yes a nice dump of snow is great but when it goes on for weeks and months not so much fun. 

Might have to cut down on the takeaways  

Yeah, we're definitely unfortunate to have grown up in houses with double glazing, central heating and insulation. Curses!

But seriously, a lot of us have already experienced winter weather far colder and snowier than the UK could ever produce. Once you experience that, you feel underwhelmed by a British cold spell, in the same way storm chasers in the US feel underwhelmed by British thunderstorms. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
15 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Worrying ECM really, sure of next named storm coming along in next few days, still FI but hopefully this won't happen, can see flood warnings issued by meto sometime in early Feb

ECM1-144.GIF?29-0

I think wind will be the main issue with that! Especially so along southern coasts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
13 hours ago, cheese said:

Yeah, we're definitely unfortunate to have grown up in houses with double glazing, central heating and insulation. Curses!

But seriously, a lot of us have already experienced winter weather far colder and snowier than the UK could ever produce. Once you experience that, you feel underwhelmed by a British cold spell, in the same way storm chasers in the US feel underwhelmed by British thunderstorms. 

True, most British cold spells are pretty crap if we’re being honest, especially in the south of England. What people wet themselves over and talk about “EXTREME COLD, ICE DAYS, BRUTAL COLD, OMG WE’RE GOING TO DIE!!!!” is actually bog standard winter weather for most of the northern hemisphere’s landmass on the same latitude.

Posted
On 29/01/2017 at 09:22, Spah1 said:

can someone post the chart/charts that produced this? 

There are historic animations of the Jan and Feb '63 ppn charts in the historic weather section.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Just read in the Daily Mail,big freeze coming mid month minus 10......must be true,they NEVER print any bulls*** do they!

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Seasonality said:

True, most British cold spells are pretty crap if we’re being honest, especially in the south of England. What people wet themselves over and talk about “EXTREME COLD, ICE DAYS, BRUTAL COLD, OMG WE’RE GOING TO DIE!!!!” is actually bog standard winter weather for most of the northern hemisphere’s landmass on the same latitude.

It's all relative, isn't it. Chuck an April with UK levels of of rain at a desert nation and they would struggle. Treat the Polar regions to a UK Summer... etc. It IS extreme for us no matter how much of a pasting Moscow gets 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
2 hours ago, Spikey M said:

It's all relative, isn't it. Chuck an April with UK levels of of rain at a desert nation and they would struggle. Treat the Polar regions to a UK Summer... etc. It IS extreme for us no matter how much of a pasting Moscow gets 

Well said that man. I'm probably a bit jaded from splitting my time between two locations. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

Looks like we've got yet another Anticippointment coming-up!

I'd guess quite a wet week (west), as we look to develop a high to our east, and fronts coming in from the west, could well dump a lot of rain over my location and other western areas, while the east remains dry and possibly cold

• Like 1

Posted

Well, January was really cold here. Average temp will probably be around -7C so I was kinda hoping for warmer February. I guess I can keep on dreaming. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
On 30/01/2017 at 16:58, markyo said:

Just read in the Daily Mail,big freeze coming mid month minus 10......must be true,they NEVER print any bulls*** do they!

Oh my lord,could the Daily Mail Actually have printed something that might be true!! In a state of shock at the moment:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh my lord,could the Daily Mail Actually have printed something that might be true!! In a state of shock at the moment:)

Let's hope some nice charts being thrown out let's hope it happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I must admit that I'm now more optimistic than at any other time this winter. Why? Because the Atlantic effect looks like weakening at precisely the time when blocking to the East is at its strongest...There's a reason why February is traditionally well-known for its bitterly cold east winds...

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I must admit that I'm now more optimistic than at any other time this winter. Why? Because the Atlantic effect looks like weakening at precisely the time when blocking to the East is at its strongest...There's a reason why February is traditionally well-known for its bitterly cold east winds...

And add March to that equation. 

Posted

I have been with you guys on let-down over let-down over the last few years, but something tells me this time its got a real chance of being a proper cold 2nd half of feb a la 1980s    I hope im not let down yet again, im normally the words biggest pessimist but got a good feeling about this!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nath said:

I have been with you guys on let-down over let-down over the last few years, but something tells me this time its got a real chance of being a proper cold 2nd half of feb a la 1980s    I hope im not let down yet again, im normally the words biggest pessimist but got a good feeling about this!

Being a Bolton fan you should be used to the odd let down :D

Posted
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Being a Bolton fan you should be used to the odd let down :D

Exactly lol   The fact I saw a few non settling snowflakes this year was a highlight, last 3 years not a single flake!  :)   I live in hope

Posted
1 minute ago, Nath said:

Exactly lol   The fact I saw a few non settling snowflakes this year was a highlight, last 3 years not a single flake!  :)   I live in hope

Hopefully this time we'll hit the jackpot. Up the Rovers!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Oh here we go again. I'm going to be stressed out for the next week 0_0. Hopefully we get something decent this time so i can avoid some sort of breakdown. 

• Like 2