Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
9 hours ago, Woollymummy said:

I loved the sunshine today, looking forward to more frosty days on the way. Nothing to moan about at all except the amount of coughing I am doing, and the way cough mixture doesn't seem to work. 

you are aware that its scientifically proven cough medicine does absolutely nothing for a cough ? ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I see the warm south westerly winds have again been delayed. At this rate we might get a decent summer out of them :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

What's all this talk about snow flurries down our way on sunday? Can't be right,can it?

My overwintering Leonotis Leonurus wouldn't like it:nonono:

Depends how close to the coast you are. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 hours ago, cornish snow said:

All i have to do is look out the window,Easterly here today:)

Yeah, was gonna say the same thing.

2017-01-19 (1).png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, knocker said:

I shouldn't worry about snow flurries but yes quite cold over the UK for the weekend but hopefully our micro climate should keep us out of too much trouble. Anyway cracking morning here so I'm off to see Sidney.

Can see Sidney getting a nice tan this winter no wonder Sidney in pics posted on here looks happy his to warm 

• Like 1

Posted

5 days without seeing the sun. No frost either. Just grey skies, drizzle and misty mornings.. I'm jealous of you lucky lot down south with your frost and sunshine. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So what has the past few days' model-watching taught us? IMO, not a lot. Just that, far from Sydney having his assets frozen, his nuts might instead get roasted.:D

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

So what has the past few days' model-watching taught us? IMO, not a lot. Just that, far from Sydney having his assets frozen, his nuts might instead get roasted.:D

He had a bit of a grin today when informed of the METO update :shok:

S.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 minutes ago, knocker said:

He had a bit of a grin today when informed of the METO update :shok:

S.jpg

Aye. I thought a wee smirk might be in order, Malcolm!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather
15 hours ago, PompeyFC said:

you are aware that its scientifically proven cough medicine does absolutely nothing for a cough ? ;)

hehe, I can now say for sure it does nothing for a cough, but it has given me seriously bad side effects via my stomach and backside, oh lordy , never again. The bottle is now in the bin :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm wishing for spring and summer now, getting sick of winter. I'm actually hoping February has an early taste of spring with some mild, sunny days. My interest in any potential cold or snow is gone - just not interested at all anymore. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

I'm wishing for spring and summer now, getting sick of winter. I'm actually hoping February has an early taste of spring with some mild, sunny days. My interest in any potential cold or snow is gone - just not interested at all anymore. 

Classic case of model fatigue! I completely agree, been reading the MOD thread about things potentially changing but I just can't interest myself anymore as I know it's going to fail either way, a bit like the England football team!:rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nothing of interest in the last runs. Just thinking in summer when we want high pressure we will probably have brilliant northlies every other run.

• Like 2

Posted

At T144 this morning the ecm has the upper trough to the west about to deconstruct against the block with much WAA over the UK and to the NE. Post deconstruction the way is paved for the next trough to push east as the HP drifts into eastern Europe.

ecm_z500_anom_natl_7.pngecm_t850_anom_natl_7.png

• Like 2

Posted

The 100mb analysis is not dissimilar to the 500mb forecast but it does diverge later in the eastern Atlantic although this renewed ridging of the Azores has been hinted at previously. Suggestion of a trough to the SE?

2017012000.f240.100.nonenonehghtnonenone.g201.mrf.gif2017012000.f360.100.nonenonehghtnonenone.g201.mrf.gif

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, The PIT said:

Nothing of interest in the last runs. Just thinking in summer when we want high pressure we will probably have brilliant northlies every other run.

I want high pressure any time of year, but endless cloud and drizzle isn't very nice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, cheese said:

I want high pressure any time of year, but endless cloud and drizzle isn't very nice. 

You've certainly been unlucky up there so far. Down here in central and eastern England it's been frigid cold under clear skies and sunny cold days. Currently -4 again as I type. 

• Like 1

Posted

The theorising that the block way well win out against the intrusion of the Atlantic over the next few days or so, may turn out to be correct, But the anomalies have been consistently not advocating this over the last few days with a return of the GOA ridge (or thereabouts) and a lively Canadian vortex and thus a more zonal Atlantic with trough. And the 0600 this morning continues in this vein, There are maybe signs of a Scandinavian ridge and retrogression right at the end. But unless all three are wrong by a long way and this would require a sudden switch , which of course cannot be ruled out, and until there is some direct evidence of this, the percentage play remains a gradual intrusion of the Atlantic

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_51.pnggefs_z500a_nh_51.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2