Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
12 minutes ago, knocker said:

My post above might clarify it a little snowbunting.

I'm guessing here that the prospect of that easterly next week has just gone awol when you talk of SW Zephers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
17 minutes ago, snowbunting said:

I'm guessing here that the prospect of that easterly next week has just gone awol when you talk of SW Zephers!

I think he's saying that what starts of as slack easterly from a relatively small high that slowly sinks, rather than one drawn from the likes of Siberia, will eventually end up providing winds from a SW direction  (though again, not winds that would emanate from a particularly mild source)   

Posted
26 minutes ago, snowbunting said:

Cornwall will be the coldest place for a change.:wink:

Recm1681.gif

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

I think he's saying that what starts of as slack easterly from a relatively small high that slowly sinks, rather than one drawn from the likes of Siberia, will eventually end up providing winds from a SW direction  (though again, not winds that would emanate from a particularly mild source)   

More or less correct but to emphasize this is just the EPS and it's a long way from a done deal.

• Like 3

Posted

The GEFS anomaly has France in the freezer this morning From T192 quite a rapid transition of the Canadian vortex across the Pole to N. Russia simultaneously romoving our ridge and weakening the upper low around the Mediterranean

gefs_t2ma_5d_eur_39.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
9 minutes ago, knocker said:

The GEFS anomaly has France in the freezer this morning From T192 quite a rapid transition of the Canadian vortex across the Pole to N. Russia simultaneously romoving our ridge and weakening the upper low around the Mediterranean

gefs_t2ma_5d_eur_39.png

And south east England by look of it.:cold:

Posted

i am really not looking forward to this chilly 3 days, was hoping to see at least some snow, now its forecast to be heavy rain this afternoon, a very wet day on sunday, temps recovering well to 7/8c,  put sledge back in the shed for another year. lol.

Posted

Any of these charts great I love any easterly,cold pool in the SW on this.

Surface east air will be bitter anyway further north.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=8e

ECM well....

Recm1682.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

An observation regarding this morning's EPS. Post T168 there continues the theme of strong ridging in NE N. America and strong WAA which initiates the travels of the Canadian vortex to N. Russia via Greenland and subsequent pattern changes downstream. These involve the eroding of the HP over the UK and the weakening of the trough to the south until eventually by T300 there is a trough to the west of the UK and a return to a zonal flow. This will herald temps returning to near normal or perhaps a little below. Be afraid, be very afraid

ecm_eps_t850a_5d_natl_11.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Spah1 said:

It's had its day, move on. It was quite humorous for a time now it's overdone. 

In you opinion.

I still enjoy it.

You don't speak for the whole forum, much like I don't, but please don't stop that from ramming your thoughts down our throats!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
3 hours ago, abbie123 said:

And south east England by look of it.:cold:

Most of Europe is in the blues and greens to be fair, deepest core of cold over France and Alps, into Southern Germany and Western Austria.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
11 hours ago, Spah1 said:

I've been reading about the bloody squirrel for 6 yrs. Find a new joke for God sake. 

Maybe a nice massage would help you calm down. So angry about a fluffy tailed rodent.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

So on the morning of the very mini snow event its been downgraded and basically temps will go up? is that correct?

I looked at the BBC weather forecast at midnight it looked good, woke up checked it again this AM and its completely changed - lol - I don't know how you all keep your calm watching these models but I thought at such a close range it was almost guaranteed.

• Like 1

Posted

Netweather forecast for my area next Friday/Saturday suggesting a tasty dumping of snow. I'll believe it when I see it, had too many of these longer range forecasts for prolonged heavy snow disappear in the last few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Very rarely do I put my neck out and ramp a bit but I think we could be heading towards a Game on scenario at the start of next week. Both charts and importantly mainstream forecasters are hinting at something on the horizon.....time will tell:)

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

Very rarely do I put my neck out and ramp a bit but I think we could be heading towards a Game on scenario at the start of next week. Both charts and importantly mainstream forecasters are hinting at something on the horizon.....time will tell:)

I would caution people not to get too sucked in by nice looking model runs - things do look promising but I've seen "nailed on" cold spells go wrong at a mere 48 hours notice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I would caution people not to get too sucked in by nice looking model runs - things do look promising but I've seen "nailed on" cold spells go wrong at a mere 48 hours notice.

Totally,totally agree. As we all know nice looking charts have a habit of going belly up. The word best used is Could. Its the strengthening of this that is the key,there is never a true nailed on in winter in the UK,as you said 48hr can make a difference. I look at the collective view,model out put consistency across the board etc coupled with those hints that the mainstream forecasters drop every so oftern,its a bit like a detective picking up the clues,just have to pick the right snippets of info to get to the right conclusion....elementary really!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Back to chasing cold spells at Day 10 again, I see.

Also, where did the rain for Sunday and Monday appear from? Yuck!! Cold rain is the worst.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

I am surprised the forecast for my area changed quite significantly within a 6 hour timespan, i.e. between 12am and 6am on the day of interest. I was really looking forward to something today, just goes to show, even 6 hours on the day of the event things can change let alone 10 days+ in fantasy land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
31 minutes ago, cheese said:

Back to chasing cold spells at Day 10 again, I see.

Also, where did the rain for Sunday and Monday appear from? Yuck!! Cold rain is the worst.

Chances of heavy snow here in the SE tonight, snow showers for other areas, an annoying milder blip for Mon but then getting very cold next week. Looks ok to me at the moment? Best cold offerings for a few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Chances of heavy snow here in the SE tonight, snow showers for other areas, an annoying milder blip for Mon but then getting very cold next week. Looks ok to me at the moment? Best cold offerings for a few years.

And there's that pesky wee patch of -4C uppers (GFS) crossing the Triangle of Doom, sometime tomorrow morning...

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Seasonality said:

Maybe a nice massage would help you calm down. So angry about a fluffy tailed rodent.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Tree rats.

Good to see 'our magpies' in garden mobbing 2 squirrels this morn.