Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Worse thing about the excitement with the potential being revealed and the high number of visitors to the MOD thread is the number of Wind Up Merchant posters who start appearing with their one liner comment, or questions feigning ignorance,or suggestions that people should shut up about things that have been running gags among those who keep life in the forums and keep them going at those times when there is nothing to be excited about and the WUMs are nowhere to be seen.  

• Like 4

Posted

my main gripe is the lack of talk about the next few days whatever the weather its always the longer term mostly unreliable timeframe is concentrated on.  

Would be great to have more current forecasting within say the next few days and you don't get that on the regional forums as its more just uneducated like myself.

be great to have a model thread for just a five day period then a long term model forum for post five days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Worse thing about the excitement with the potential being revealed and the high number of visitors to the MOD thread is the number of Wind Up Merchant posters who start appearing with their one liner comment, or questions feigning ignorance,or suggestions that people should shut up about things that have been running gags among those who keep life in the forums and keep them going at those times when there is nothing to be excited about and the WUMs are nowhere to be seen.  

I've been reading about the bloody squirrel for 6 yrs. Find a new joke for God sake. 

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, SLAMMER said:

my main gripe is the lack of talk about the next few days whatever the weather its always the longer term mostly unreliable timeframe is concentrated on.  

Would be great to have more current forecastingForums within say the next few days and you don't get that on the regional forums as its more just uneducated like myself.

be great to have a model thread for just a five day period then a long term model forum for post five days.

Actually I disagree with that. There are many quite knowledgeable folk on the regional forums who don't post in the MOD thread for their own reasons and thus interesting and informative discussions do take place without the personal and irrelevant rubbish to which the MOD thread is so prone.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Actually I disagree with that. There are many quite knowledgeable folk on the regional forums who don't post in the MOD thread for there own reasons and thus interesting and informative discussions do take place without the personal and irrelevant rubbish to which the MOD thread is prone.

not in the Wales forum really.

'will it snow in my backyard' is not helpful imho :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

not in the Wales forum really.

'will it snow in my backyard' is not helpful imho :)

Well you can always pop down into the SW forum which abounds with cutting edge analysis.:whistling:

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted

Has this turned into the "Slag off the mod" thread? I'm sure it's "Model moans, ramps and banter" thread!

It's conversations like the above that bring this forum down, not the conversations in the mod thread.

Posted
11 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

At present it looks like the colder air to our East will, after a slight nudge Eastward, then push back West once more.:)

But it wont.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
4 minutes ago, harta said:

But it wont.

Do expand?

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=temp

For your digestion

Edited by winterof79
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

The clues are right the way through the thread, Thursday and Friday now a none event in the main, fully expecting the following 7 days to be an equal none event. The truth lays between the models, the information missed in the main due to snow blindness. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
33 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Comments about the squirrel are generally accompanying posts by some of the most informative posters on this forum.

I'd rather read their posts about the models including the comments on the squirrel than i would read one liner posts complaining about what  those posters are including in their posts...

It's had its day, move on. It was quite humorous for a time now it's overdone. 

• Like 2

Posted

Nice example of the type of wum I was talking about just moved across from the main thread by the Mods :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Juicy charts looking more like winter 2005-06 at last.

This winter has had one thing in common with that so far as its been the driest winter since 2005-06.

Posted

And another one....

Many of you talk of great cold with easterly with -8 ( 850) , but to me this is not cold , not real cold . From an easterly we should be getting the cold we used to have i used to see 20 yrs ago , with 2m temperatures of -15 at night and -5 during day .

Not impressed so far at all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, harta said:

Just keep watching how many times the word downgrade appears on the model thread starting Saturday lunch time.

I don't think you're contributing anything by making silly comments like this.

Anyway, the outlook looks unremarkable for this part of the world. Easterlies are usually crap unless you live in Kent or Essex.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'
11 minutes ago, cheese said:

Anyway, the outlook looks unremarkable for this part of the world.

Surely the potential of retrogression of the high to Greenland is remarkable to all? :pardon:

Posted
8 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

What is  a WUM.

Wind Up Merchant...someone not looking to make a real contribution to the thread but who instead seeks just to make a nuiscance of themselves by posting something banal

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

The word easterly sometimes needs quantifying. If you look at the EPS means out to day 14 this evening then yes there is an easterly component from around T144 out to T240 but it's in an enclosed anticyclonic circulation so not that cold and thereafter as the high weakens and sinks SW the wind backs and eventually ends up from the SW with near average temps.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Surely the potential of retrogression of the high to Greenland is remarkable to all? :pardon:

Hm.. it is neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
4 hours ago, knocker said:

Dramatic collapse of ridge; vortex over N. Russia; Oh my :shok: Sid...........................

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_53.png

What does that mean Knocker?

18 hours ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Ho dear, just seen the latest projections for the next 10 days. Hampshire has no sub zero temps even at night. Just across the channel , Paris, Madrid due to get sub zero by day with snow due in France. 

Northern France looking very cold next week and snow forecast for the coast of Northern Spain next Week