Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

That's all we had back then :D

Those were the days.....all different colours    A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW LATER -1   and not a dew point insight :laugh:

oh yes! 90's rule! I loved snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I used to listen to the 5 minute detailed forecast at 5.55 am on Radio 4 in the 1980's.

No way to let each days model swing turn into a daily mood swing back then. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, TN26 said:

I used to listen to the 5 minute detailed forecast at 5.55 am on Radio 4 in the 1980's.

No way to let each days model swing turn into a daily mood swing back then. 

In my day, it were Bert Foord @ 6:55am, just before Jack Dimannio (sp?) came on air!:shok:

Posted

I may be clutching at straws here, but the very fact that the models have been showing such potential until now suggests that there is something brewing on the horizon. They may just have been over playing it too soon and have started to realise this. The best charts were always way out in la la land anyway, around mid January which is ages away and there's still lots to be resolved before then. Very often the models and even the telloconnections have a habit of been premature in their predictions but what they suggest (as far as any departure from climatology) often does come eventually. There is still plenty of hope for mid January onwards I think. I know some in the south think it's too late by then, but if I did well here in the Midlands in late March 2013 I'm sure with similar synoptics in late January, February and even beyond it's more than possible the far south would still be in the position solar wise to be able to benefit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I stare intrigued at the pretty purples :shok:, blues and oranges swirling around on the charts like a psychedelic hippy wet dream but haven't a scooby what they mean. 

Edited by TN26
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

06z 12z18z 00z doesn't matter.....

ppn at altitude for the trip up over the tops to Cumbria tomorrow and thats it.

Then stuff all till T+3000 or whatever in FI and it looks like the usual Tundric Permafrost sets in :wallbash:

Same Old

Promises promises

All the Best anyway everyone :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

another snowless winter on the cards with each run from the models the hope of something resembling winter fades and what will the deniers say wait till febuary the amount of times we have heard this from the same people over the past few years is shocking 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, igloo said:

another snowless winter on the cards with each run from the models the hope of something resembling winter fades and what will the deniers say wait till febuary the amount of times we have heard this from the same people over the past few years is shocking 

I'd be a lot more confident if I lived in your location! try living here! you'd be the ultimate modern eraist

Posted

well as much as i hate to say winters over, my gut feel is that we have got as close to cold and snow as we are going to get, always so close but no cigar, and from a imby perspective we are staring down the barrel of our second straight snowless winter, unfortunatly a sign of winters to come i feel

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, 78/79 said:

38 years ago tonight was the New Years Eve blizzard of 78, here's hoping the youngsters can have a little  taste this year of what I used to enjoy .:)

I was at New Years Eve party in 78 and we had a snow ball fight outside.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good grief.  I know this is the rants and moans thread but for goodness sake. There is so much negativity - both towards the weather and other members!  I LOVE snow but hey ho, we might not get any, we can still measure the rain, or be grateful for the warmth etc. I still remember the unexpected snow in April 30 odd years back

Take yourselves out for a walk and enjoy what ever we're given, and dont take it out on others ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Whose up for a sh*tty cold wet April and May, with a high stuck over Greenland or Scandinavia like a fly round sh*t, you just know it's coming! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, JOPRO said:

Whose up for a sh*tty cold wet April and May, with a high stuck over Greenland or Scandinavia like a fly round sh*t, you just know it's coming! 

I am ready

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
14 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

well as much as i hate to say winters over, my gut feel is that we have got as close to cold and snow as we are going to get, always so close but no cigar, and from a imby perspective we are staring down the barrel of our second straight snowless winter, unfortunatly a sign of winters to come i feel

It's our fourth straight one here - no wonder I think we're experiencing New Model winters!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, radiohead said:

toys+out+pram.jpg

Indeed! It's like being back in primary school on here sometimes. 'Wah wah it won't snow this make me very mad grrr'. Sheesh, lol.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Its almost guaranteed, 3 to 4 Months from 01/03/17, Easterly blast, like last Year when ' Spring /Summer' arrived in July. Unfortunately, by then you are ledt with cool damp cloudy conditions.

bit early that, that would bring snow to many, Easterlies to arrive around 25th March

Posted
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

The key this evening appears to be finding the "Trigger". Sure takes me back a ways.........................

02-sm-Illustration%20Photo.jpg

Trigger might appear eventually. It's just a case of more "runs" required...

HM0113.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!

No idea which thread I am in... but happy new year folks. This lightweight has decided cold and settled will do just nicely. Saves the fields in a mess and I get to enjoy dramatic sunsets. 

Posted
Just now, snowbunting said:

No idea which thread I am in... but happy new year folks. This lightweight has decided cold and settled will do just nicely. Saves the fields in a mess and I get to enjoy dramatic sunsets. 

here to no doubt another snowless year for the south! some parts of the south have had 3 snowless years on the bounce!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I prefer seeing snow in the Winter months personally, hate seeing juicy charts turn up in April/May....June etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This winter so far.........

Very little rain/zonality

No windstorms

No snow

No sleet

Plenty of air frosts

Frequent foggy nights/mornings

No deep upper air cold

Alternating phases of surface cold & mild interludes

So, based on that, and the current likelihood of more dry weather with surface cold and further frosts at times I suggest no forecast I've seen as been all that near the mark.

Zonality forecasts.....  nope, no way near.

Front loaded winter forecasts, nope, just a traditional, normal early winter dry spell.

Positives, more frosts than last winter, some nice foggy mornings (something I do quite like personally).  Much drier than average.  More dry, chilly weather to come.

Negatives, no deep upper air cold, no snowfall, neither of which look like changing soon.  No active, exciting weather to enthuse me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, AWD said:

This winter so far.........

Very little rain/zonality

No windstorms

No snow

No sleet

Plenty of air frosts

Frequent foggy nights/mornings

No deep upper air cold

Alternating phases of surface cold & mild interludes

So, based on that, and the current likelihood of more dry weather with surface cold and further frosts at times I suggest no forecast I've seen as been all that near the mark.

Zonality forecasts.....  nope, no way near.

Front loaded winter forecasts, nope, just a traditional, normal early winter dry spell.

Positives, more frosts than last winter, some nice foggy mornings (something I do quite like personally).  Much drier than average.  More dry, chilly weather to come.

Negatives, no deep upper air cold, no snowfall, neither of which look like changing soon.  No active, exciting weather to enthuse me.

A winter of no weather here so far.