Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

signs of Zonal train in FI, my prediction of 8th Jan start date may not be far off, 18Z was worse

awful

h850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.png

Posted

Too early to worry about that yet. Of course zonal weather will return at some point but how long is a piece of string.

Lots of dry weather in the offering. Enjoy that first before you start looking for the next storm. You don't need to worry...this is all looking very different to last winter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 hours ago, The Wolf said:

Always 10 ten days away until anything any good on the horizon and then watered down. This winter is going the way of the last few. Dreadful.

iapennell  4 weather models 0

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Fantastic drive to where I'm working today,beauty of a sunrise into a clear sky,countryside bathed a glorious white frost,truly magical,nature at its best........ok may be not if your on 2 wheels!

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Fantastic drive to where I'm working today,beauty of a sunrise into a clear sky,countryside bathed a glorious white frost,truly magical,nature at its best........ok may be not if your on 2 wheels!

Or four paws!!

87473710.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
8 minutes ago, ribster said:

Moved away from cold scenario? It's -5 outside my back door!

I see pessimist are out in force in the model thread this morning after SM upbeat post

Freezing fog here and -4c but of course the cold not set to arrive until Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

signs of Zonal train in FI, my prediction of 8th Jan start date may not be far off, 18Z was worse

awful

h850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.png

I'm more interested in the reliable time frames with -10c 850s across large parts of the uk. Will worry about la la land when it arrives.

28 12 02 01.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, stewfox said:

I see pessimist are out in force in the model thread this morning after SM upbeat post

Freezing fog here and -4c but of course the cold not set to arrive until Sunday.

But i dont see pessimism just objective discussion stew, one could say there is imbyism in your post, acc to the beeb its +6 in parts of scotland ! I for one want cold and snow and ramp my butt off when i see brill charts..:)

Posted
16 minutes ago, knocker said:

Or four paws!!

87473710.jpg

Very true!!!!

Posted

Dry and cold for the forseeable (next 10 days is my guess).

It's going to be one of those winters me thinks, with a number of 'less cold' days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Dry and cold for the forseeable (next 10 days is my guess).

It's going to be one of those winters me thinks, with a number of 'less cold' days.

There seems to be a pattern of positive swings in the evening followed by deflation in the morning. These models almost seem to flip from day to day. Why curse the models when it seems that we are never really sure what weather we will get in 48 hours. We invest our time and energy and raise our hopes and convince ourselves of what is to come, only to be replaced so many times by a case of wishful thinking.

Edited by Tonyinhampshire
  • Like 1

Posted

Have to admit, it must be so confusing for newbies!

One moment it's all positive and we are going into cold or possibly wintry period, the next it's all negative and back to Zonal train with mild SW's!

Wouldn't it be nice to live in North of USA where when cold artic plunge is forecast  - it actually happens!

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, ribster said:

Moved away from cold scenario? It's -5 outside my back door!

Getting a bit tired of inversion stuff now, think we all want the real deal, -8 and lower uppers, and really no sign of that on latest few GFS runs, apart from 2 Jan

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, snowblizzard said:

Have to admit, it must be so confusing for newbies!

One moment it's all positive and we are going into cold or possibly wintry period, the next it's all negative and back to Zonal train with mild SW's!

Wouldn't it be nice to live in North of USA where when cold artic plunge is forecast  - it actually happens!

Yup, it would. Over on Two theweatheroutlook, they say there is a low to moderate risk of an easterly straight out of Siberia hitting the UK within the next two weeks, so more of the same, will it won't it:wallbash:

Posted

Not much showing up in any forecasts, and the model chat is very quiet over on UKWW. So for me, it's interesting to discuss any potential in the models but nothing real to get my teeth into yet. The potential is there but for me I need to see more before I can start to really sit up and notice. Plus the potential is too far away and I really don't have the know how to predict that far ahead.

However it's a welcome return of the crisp and frosty weather this week. Perfect dog walking weather.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Gord said:

Not much showing up in any forecasts, and the model chat is very quiet over on UKWW. So for me, it's interesting to discuss any potential in the models but nothing real to get my teeth into yet. The potential is there but for me I need to see more before I can start to really sit up and notice. Plus the potential is too far away and I really don't have the know how to predict that far ahead.

However it's a welcome return of the crisp and frosty weather this week. Perfect dog walking weather.

I kinda actually wish it was mild! just while I have this cold, feel mild weather is better for colds etc

but as I said earlier getting tired of this useless inversion stuff, if anything falls it will be pure rain, new years eve/day

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

I'd take today for the rest of winter,couldn't fault it,so beautiful in the Pennies,so fresh and clean,beats anything in summer hands down. Near enough a perfect day:)

Posted

Yes lovely day today, good walking weather for sure.Hoping for some back edge snow sunday but im afraid after that its back to basics.I love to ramp as much as the next coldie but a bit of transient backedge snow ( and thats not a given) really says everything about the winter so far..

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes lovely day today, good walking weather for sure.Hoping for some back edge snow sunday but im afraid after that its back to basics.I love to ramp as much as the next coldie but a bit of transient backedge snow ( and thats not a given) really says everything about the winter so far..

typical 'snow event' though of the christmas pudding, just a bit of wet snow! best you can hope for, 200m asl oop norf, you have a chance, here though absolutely nothing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow the model thread is nobody allowed a different opinion. Can't believe they agure over such silly things it's like a children's playground :). Think that is a bit harsh think a playground  is more mature.

Edited by pegg24
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, pegg24 said:

Wow the model thread is nobody allowed a different opinion. Can't believe they agure over such silly things it's like a children's playground :). Think that is a bit harsh think a playground  is more mature.

Yes, agree, if I posted my 'beliefs' in there, I'd be accused of being a troll!, it's what makes a forum for heaven's sake, opinions make a forum

my beliefs are that winters are getting less and less snowy as years go on, since approx '99, and everybody believes me, yes I have same opinions as Ian Brown, so what!

• Like 2

Posted

I know it's model related and everybody has the right to post +192 charts, but I wish there was  at 0 to +144 thread. The chances of tonights ECM coming off is slim to none, but you'd think it was a dead cert the way it's being discussed at the moment! :wallbash:

• Like 2